hardly at all actually. that z10 phone is pretty awesome.
    howarmat and EricB1968 like this.
    02-08-13 06:56 PM
    Yup. I have a feeling we'll see a lot of PlayBook + Z10 owners saying the thing actually as they get their Z10s.

Z10 is really, really addictive as you start to use it. Despite some of the little nitpicks right now, it totally has that addictive "must pick it up" aura around it.
    02-08-13 07:01 PM
    A new toy would do that every time. I'm jealous.
    r p1 and trynacu2 like this.
    02-08-13 07:04 PM
    not surprised at all! i knew it would happen lol
    02-08-13 07:05 PM
    I think if/when I get one I'm still going to use my pb more for the screen size.
    02-08-13 07:09 PM
    Yup. I have a feeling we'll see a lot of PlayBook + Z10 owners saying the thing actually as they get their Z10s.

Z10 is really, really addictive as you start to use it. Despite some of the little nitpicks right now, it totally has that addictive "must pick it up" aura around it.
    add me to the list!
    02-08-13 08:40 PM
    That's my biggest fear!!!!!! But then again it will be okay because i mainly got my pb for pacemaker. But also cuz I love bb. I still wanna see pacemaker use the z10 somehow as an extra controller to work with the playbook version. Would be cool.
    02-08-13 08:46 PM
    I think in part it is the missing bridge functionality. If you want your emails and BBM, you could leave your phone in your pocket or coat or office..
    ....and use the PlayBook. Now you need to pull out your Z10, so you use it for everything....

I hope when they get thru some of mission critical fixes for the Z10 and bb10 makes it to the PlayBook, this functionality will return.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    Uncle Remus and JeepBB like this.
    02-08-13 08:50 PM
    Love the z10, the playbook screen size is still my go to for the browser .The z10 is very addictive, and my U.S. Neighbour's will love it as well.
    02-08-13 09:13 PM
    I have wondered about this. Screen size is a big plus on the PB, but one of the other reasons I use it so much is because it is a better typing experience than on my 9850. The Z10 and I assume Q10 have HDMI so maybe the PB won't get as much of a workout. I do love the freedom to move around using Presenter & Remote Control, while the PB is tethered tho.
    02-08-13 10:58 PM
    I'm still trying to find ways to get Z10 since it is still not available in mobile shops (I want unlocked version)... and probably, I would be convinced that the BB10 is no longer needed to PB... afterall, there is no point of getting an upgrade for something you will no longer use, right?... (gosh, this mind setting strategy is really getting in my nerves)...
    JeepBB and sad_old_man like this.
    02-09-13 05:40 AM
    I think if/when I get one I'm still going to use my pb more for the screen size.
    Not withstanding the fact that I am old, decrepit and have the eyesight you would expect from someone with one foot in the grave and the other on a banana skin, but my torch rarely sees the light of day. Bluetooth headset, bridge connection and a screen I can see. It would be a massive wrench for me to have to return to peering at a 4" screen and lose important bridge functions.

It's okay for you young whippersnappers out there but spare a thought for us old veterans.
    02-09-13 06:23 AM
    Definitely using my PB less as well. The Z10 is the new toy. Of course the PB is seeing less attention lol.
    02-09-13 06:51 AM
    I've been 'practicing' for the Z10 by keeping my phone in my pocket and pulling it out for emails, texts and bbm. I wasn't thinking about how much faster the browser or typing would be on the Z10. When I look at it like that I can see how the pb might get used less.
    02-09-13 07:35 AM
    I've been 'practicing' for the Z10 by keeping my phone in my pocket and pulling it out for emails, texts and bbm. I wasn't thinking about how much faster the browser or typing would be on the Z10. When I look at it like that I can see how the pb might get used less.
    It's faster on browsing but the overall time of the user experience is extended by the fact that you have to keep pulling your phone out of your pocket, therefore incurring a cost increase due to the increased wear and tear on your jacket/shirt/trouser pocket.
    02-09-13 08:17 AM
    I'm the same. I have had a playbook and bb phone since the playbook launch. When I bought the playbook. The most important bridge feature for me was and still is Internet using the phones bridge connection. The simple truth is. . With the hub on the Z10. Email, texting, even Facebook messages are an. absolute joy. I love that thing!
    02-09-13 11:02 AM
    Having such a tiny screen (4.5" average) on mobile devices for browsing the web frustrates me... I much prefer using a tablet for it. I much prefer the usability and portability of phone however, especially as I ride a bike to work and a tablet adds a fair chunk of weight.

I don't understand how people can watch entire films on a phone for example... the tablet excels here. having facebook/email etc notifications on a phone is much better though.

They serve different purposes in my mind, and I couldn't care less about using the Playbook as a phone.

e.g. I like to see a few updates of what's going on with people on Facebook using the phone, but I'd rather use my PC to actually browse and look at pictures for it. Same with websites. Phones are good for keeping you up to date, and can be used if necessary, but I much prefer the full blown site on a PC etc, which is comfortable to use and much faster for typing on.
    02-09-13 11:32 AM
    I'm still waiting patiently for my Z10 in the US. What I'm pretty much hearing is expected. If you think about it the BB10 OS is the blackberry os but with all the improvements. When BB10 comes to the playbook is there going to be some major if not any difference between the Z10 or the playbook and how they work together. So to hear what I'm hearing is not a surprise. I love what I'm hearing about the Z10.
    02-09-13 11:35 AM

frankly Z10 is so awesome that there is no need to carry Playbook around. I still love it and I am looking forward to updated bridge and BB10 on it but Z10 is one powerful puppy.

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    02-09-13 02:43 PM
    Having such a tiny screen (4.5" average) on mobile devices for browsing the web frustrates me... I much prefer using a tablet for it. I much prefer the usability and portability of phone however, especially as I ride a bike to work and a tablet adds a fair chunk of weight.

I don't understand how people can watch entire films on a phone for example... the tablet excels here. having facebook/email etc notifications on a phone is much better though.

They serve different purposes in my mind, and I couldn't care less about using the Playbook as a phone.

e.g. I like to see a few updates of what's going on with people on Facebook using the phone, but I'd rather use my PC to actually browse and look at pictures for it. Same with websites. Phones are good for keeping you up to date, and can be used if necessary, but I much prefer the full blown site on a PC etc, which is comfortable to use and much faster for typing on.
    thing with z10 vs playbook is that z10 browser is really fast. way faster than playbook's native browser. same android apps run better on z10. I hope BB10 on Playbook will improve its performance.

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    02-09-13 02:47 PM
    Might be fine for some of you but I wear my reading glasses while using my PB the smaller screen phone isn't going to be a good experience for me.
    02-09-13 02:55 PM
    When the PlayBook gets bb10, im sure will start to see equal attention.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-09-13 03:22 PM
    Really?!?!?! I waited patiently for the BB10Z. It's been a disappointment. I've had to use my PlayBook or PC to get attachments. I'm extremely pissed with BlackBerry. I have touted them and they've let me down. My brother sent me pics of my 22 month old nephew and BB10 couldn't open them I was so excited about BB 10Z. Not anymore. Considering alternatives. Iwasa major RIM guh. But as you can see they they're lacking.
    Uncle Remus likes this.
    02-09-13 09:59 PM
    Called Telus and they said I can refund the Z10.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-09-13 10:03 PM
    Funny how I can view attachments of various picture formats without issue.
    What file format was it? I think you couldn't be bothered learning the new os and are still stuck in iland or droid world.

To say the z10 is a pos phone is hardly that. In another thread you had problems with PDF attachments as well. So clearly not a phone issue something else is up...
    02-10-13 02:03 AM
29 12