I have a torch, my lap top is dying. I use my laptop to access facebook, play farmville and do emails. Can I do all this on a playbook ? Do I have to pay an extra monthly charge or does the tethering to the torch allow me this access ?
    oh and also if I buy from the states can I use in the UK?

Thanks in anticipation
    07-15-11 09:30 AM
    You can access facebook and email on the playbook currently through wifi, or if you bridge the playbook with your torch (use you torch's current data plan) you can do that anywhere you get reception. Unless you're on AT&T you do not have to pay for the bridge feature and it would only cost you money if you go over your torch's data limit or you're roaming. If you buy a playbook in the states it will work in UK being a wifi device. Never tried playing facebook games on the playbook.
    Last edited by Pilot_Berry; 07-15-11 at 09:46 AM.
    07-15-11 09:41 AM
    hmm wonder if I pay with orange here in London, no point asking them the call centre is in India
    07-15-11 10:03 AM
    Far as I know the only folks who have to pay for bridge are AT&T. I'm on Bell in Canada, didn't ask if I would be charged and I'm not getting charged. Just make sure your data plan gives you the flexibility to browse on the playbook, it probably uses data at a greater rate than your phone.
    07-15-11 10:09 AM
    thanks for all your help, now to buy one convincong the old man someone gave it to me !
    07-15-11 10:14 AM
    Ha super, it's a good device and it will just get better.
    07-15-11 10:16 AM
    I don't play any facebook games, but if there is nothing to download, just open the game window and start playing. I have played other browser flash games and the ones I tried worked great, with the exception of the free Angry Birds on Google Chrome. It worked, but very poorly. I would just go to the store with your blackberry phone and bridge it and use the bridge browser open facebook and try it out for your self. That way you will know for sure. I think it is smart to buy a playbook instead of a new laptop. I rarely use my laptop any more and I will never buy another laptop. I never did own a desktop pc. I have always wanted portability. The playbook is a dream come true.
    07-15-11 10:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD