I have a PlayBook and a 9790. Many times I'm browsing the forum on my PlayBook and see an app I'd like and click the "more information " link and it opens app world on my PlayBook. Why can't I choose to download the app for 9790 given that my bbid is registered to both devices. Now I have to stop what I'm doing and walk to wherever my bb is to download the app.

What do you guys think?
    Just Me likes this.
    08-17-12 02:03 PM
    If You are bridged then turn off bridge and use PlayBook on WiFi. This should allowed with apps to download directly. I have not encountered this before so other than this being a bridge issue I can't offer any other solution.
    08-17-12 02:37 PM
    If You are bridged then turn off bridge and use PlayBook on WiFi. This should allowed with apps to download directly. I have not encountered this before so other than this being a bridge issue I can't offer any other solution.
    You are mistaking the senario. I'm in app world on my playbook viewing an app for the 9790. As it stands we can't download because it will say "app not availble for your current device".
    I am suggesting that rim set it up that app world push the app to my 9790 given that it is registered with my bbid.
    08-17-12 02:50 PM
    Its simply not set up that way right now. Sounds like you're looking for that IPAD/IPHONE experience. Where you can download an app and play it on both devices. Not happenin cap'n. BB10 and standardized resolutions will open the gates to that for us. Until then, just gonna have to work your keester and walk to your phone bro!
    08-17-12 03:42 PM
    Its simply not set up that way right now. Sounds like you're looking for that IPAD/IPHONE experience. Where you can download an app and play it on both devices. Not happenin cap'n. BB10 and standardized resolutions will open the gates to that for us. Until then, just gonna have to work your keester and walk to your phone bro!
    Not necessarily. I don't wanna to dload a PlayBook app on my 9790. What I'm talking is, if I browse to say, a theme for 9790 from app world on my PlayBook it will say "this app is not available for this device" what I would like to see happen is app world push the dload to my device. Because app world has my 9790 registered with my bbid. As it stands a bbid is useless because they they're not utilizing it.
    Boight likes this.
    08-17-12 10:17 PM
    That's not "simple enough" feature, I got one simpler:

In the email box of BB9810, I can tap an email and then quickly tap another email to highlight all the emails in between, then I can delete them in a batch. Why can't that be supported in PB?
    08-17-12 10:31 PM
    Not necessarily. I don't wanna to dload a PlayBook app on my 9790. What I'm talking is, if I browse to say, a theme for 9790 from app world on my PlayBook it will say "this app is not available for this device" what I would like to see happen is app world push the dload to my device. Because app world has my 9790 registered with my bbid. As it stands a bbid is useless because they they're not utilizing it.

I see.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    08-17-12 10:47 PM
    Thats a great idea. Seamless transition between the two devices really makes the experience that much more productive.

Taking it several steps forward, id like to see the option to" push " everything to either device. Emails, web pages, sms, bbm, reminders, etc. I know theres that "open on playbook" feature but its limited.
    08-18-12 12:43 AM
    I thought we were dealing with Appworld and while there's a number of features that could be improved, one for appworld - a bookmark system. I'd like to view an app but if I don't want to purchase it immediately, I'd like to mark it for easy return if I want to purchase it or look it over again. I see lots of recommendations or comments on apps here. I look sometimes but don't have time others. I'd like to got to appworld, throw in a bookmark and be able to easily return rather than have to remember its name in a week or a month.
    Boight likes this.
    08-18-12 08:58 AM
    Thats a great idea. Seamless transition between the two devices really makes the experience that much more productive.

Taking it several steps forward, id like to see the option to" push " everything to either device. Emails, web pages, sms, bbm, reminders, etc. I know theres that "open on playbook" feature but its limited.
    Exactly. Sometimes I'm browsing on playbook and get to a webpage esp. Ota dloads and I wish there was an "open on bb" option. Sometimes I'm browsing on pb with my bb bridged and I get to a .jad dload link. The pb browser should automatically just launch that in the bb browser since its bridged and the playbook does not open .jad links
    08-18-12 10:53 AM
    Now I have to stop what I'm doing and walk to wherever my bb is to download the app.
    Oh the horror. Heaven forbid...

Just playin'.. it's a good suggestion and technically, should be fairly easy to implement.
    08-18-12 06:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD