What a great app, Simple Browser Plus is! The native browser is very good but SB plus is a step ahead. Its a bit faster as well. I was having some problems with stock browser like jerky scrolling on flash and javascript heavy pages... but it is super smooth. It has ad blocker too which makes for faster scrolling l. it blocks those crappy useless addvertisements. I'm really loving it.. a great addition and makes playbook very useful... A big THANK to the developer....
    01-23-13 01:20 AM
    Is it an Android app or really designed for PlayBook current OS?
    01-23-13 02:27 AM
    10 out of 10. Thank you adadadad
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    01-23-13 02:39 AM
    Native.
    01-23-13 03:03 AM
    Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for. Now testing SimpleBrowser (the free version lacking some features like bookmarking).

I always had the problem that Flash videos will stop when you open another tab to continue browsing. As I usually only listen to tech review videos etc., I started using a second browser, however, the ported android ones like Dolphin didn't satisfy my needs. E.g., android apps always screw up the screen orientation when the PlayBook is turned upside-down so the charging plug is on the upper side. Pretty annoying.
    01-23-13 04:05 AM
    Thanks. Will also give that a go. The standard browser is ok. But I hate that you don't have a forward button.
    01-23-13 04:13 AM
    Android apps (except for a few) are jokes on Playbook OS. SB Plus is purely native.
    David in Durham likes this.
    01-23-13 06:47 AM
    Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for. Now testing SimpleBrowser (the free version lacking some features like bookmarking).

I always had the problem that Flash videos will stop when you open another tab to continue browsing. As I usually only listen to tech review videos etc., I started using a second browser, however, the ported android ones like Dolphin didn't satisfy my needs. E.g., android apps always screw up the screen orientation when the PlayBook is turned upside-down so the charging plug is on the upper side. Pretty annoying.
    The free version isn't that good and is laggy. It doesn't have ad-blocking feature. It makes sense because its version is 1.0.8 ... While version of paid app is 2.0.11 ... And it is very smooth, fast and all that. If you want to use youtube, it is the best. It blocks all the ads which cause delay.. And it supports flash as well as the stock browser..
    mooiben likes this.
    01-23-13 06:53 AM
    Thanks. Will also give that a go. The standard browser is ok. But I hate that you don't have a forward button.
    Standard browser is surely good. I wish, it had ad-blocking feature.
    01-23-13 06:56 AM
    10 out of 10. Thank you adadadad
    you're welcome..
    01-23-13 06:57 AM
    You maybe realize this and don't like it because it's a bit of a pain, but in case you didn't realize, if you swipe down from the top of the screen you will get a forward button.
    01-23-13 10:06 PM
    Sorry but after trying it out, I find it just as slow as the stock browser...but that was using simple browser only, not the plus version. I wonder if its faster? I'm not about to waste $1.99 if its not faster than stock! I wasn't impressed at all....
    01-23-13 10:15 PM
    Sorry but after trying it out, I find it just as slow as the stock browser...but that was using simple browser only, not the plus version. I wonder if its faster? I'm not about to waste $1.99 if its not faster than stock! I wasn't impressed at all....
    with sb+ each of 4 tabs can be customized with different user agent so you can set it up as android to load pages fastee but with less content

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    01-24-13 01:22 AM
    Just bought the simple browser plus, I don't see a big difference in speed. Just a couple seconds faster or so ... Great browser though
    01-24-13 01:55 AM
    I have already said, there is a world of difference between simple browser free and paid version. SB free version is 1.0.8 and lags big time. While SB plus version is 2.0.11... You can expect the difference. One thing I don't understand is - why is the version number different for free and paid app. it must be same so that users can get the real feel of the latest version. SB paid version is awesome while SB free version is terrible.. hope that helps.
    01-24-13 02:29 AM
    Just bought the simple browser plus, I don't see a big difference in speed. Just a couple seconds faster or so ... Great browser though
    It is a little faster... To increase the speed, swipe down -> tap on the button next to address bar like -> tap on settings -> tap on 'block ads' -> now, tap on 'on'
    Now it will start blocking advertisments.. It will increase web pages loading speed. You will see the difference yourself. I don't think ads are any useful, are they???
    01-24-13 02:35 AM
    It is a little faster... To increase the speed, swipe down -> tap on the button next to address bar like -> tap on settings -> tap on 'block ads' -> now, tap on 'on'
    Now it will start blocking advertisments.. It will increase web pages loading speed. You will see the difference yourself. I don't think ads are any useful, are they???
    Helps a lot and can definitely see the speed difference. Thanks a bunch, I'll be using the simple browser plus as my main browser from now on.
    Last edited by Aljean Thein; 01-24-13 at 03:26 AM.
    01-24-13 02:52 AM
    Hatax, the developer of simplebrowser has a support thread here http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...thread-682421/
    The thread has hints and tips throughout so worth a read, although he only posts occasionally, and was asking for feedback on the current version several months ago for making improvement for next version.
    01-24-13 03:21 AM
    Helps a lot and can definitely the speed difference. Thanks a bunch, I'll be using the simple browser plus as my main browser from now on.
    I alwas keep 'ad-blocker' turned on. By blocking ads i.e., not loading ads, it definitely improves the page-loading speed and also save a lot of data as 'flash ads' usually take up a lot of data.. It is useful when you are browsing through blackberry bridge and you're on a 'pay per MB' plan..
    At the end of the day, its up to the taste of the user. But for me, (from now on) SB Plus is my 1st preference...
    01-24-13 03:27 AM
    awesomness of sb is not in the speed but in 4 fully customizable tabs. true swiss knife of browsers.....but we have not got updates in such a long time!

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    01-24-13 08:39 PM
    And you can use SB+ to read Kindle books offline with Amazon's cloud app which for me makes it an essential app.
    01-24-13 09:19 PM