it is on how RIM sells fake apps in the app world, I have seen multiple posts on this and have noticed it myself, ver angry with RIM. >

http://www.change.org/petitions/rese...pp-world#share
    11-06-12 05:09 PM
    I haven't seen threads on fake apps. I've seen threads about poorly written apps getting good/great ratings. Please enlighten.
    11-06-12 05:17 PM
    I haven't seen threads on fake apps. I've seen threads about poorly written apps getting good/great ratings. Please enlighten.
    I've seen plenty, I am talking about apps that don't even open when u buy them, its a scam
    11-06-12 05:38 PM
    I've seen plenty, I am talking about apps that don't even open when u buy them, its a scam
    Which apps are you referring to? Do these not open for everyone? Have these apps never open for anyone? Are refunds not available?
    DC506 likes this.
    11-06-12 06:03 PM
    +1 to more info, details and facts needed.

I have downloaded probably about 100 - 120 apps......and have never been scammed.
    Kinger23 likes this.
    11-06-12 06:11 PM
    +1 to more info, details and facts needed.

I have downloaded probably about 100 - 120 apps......and have never been scammed.
    +100000000000
    DC506 likes this.
    11-06-12 06:31 PM
    I have not experienced any fake apps. Even if they were any it would be the developer and not RIM.
    11-06-12 06:34 PM
    If you buy an app and it doesn't work, just contact RIM support and they will credit you back the money. Just make sure to do this within 24-48 hours.
    Not the easiest thing to do, but if you really want your money back, thats how you get it.

Also to make sure you have the most up to date OS as your program may not work on older operating system versions. (though it is not your fault, but the fault of the app creator that they did not set the proper settings for their app to disable purchasing by users using unsupported OS versions).

I personally have yet to have any problems with "fake apps". But then again I only buy the big games, not any of the smaller games by low key developers. (Apps aren't that key to my use of the Playbook)
    diegonei likes this.
    11-06-12 07:17 PM
    Never encountered any fake apps. I've bought apps that were very badly put together though. I have bought themes that showed up in App World, but didn't work for my phone and that's been frustrating. In the end though, I always consider it a donation to the dev and a lesson learned to NEVER buy anything from that particular dev again.
    11-06-12 09:03 PM
    Yeah, if you feel an app is not worth what you paid, ask for a refund.

But I can understand where you're going. The issue isn't "fake apps" but rather a more rigid quality control.
    11-06-12 09:37 PM
    Like anything else in this wonderful world of ours, buyer beware. Also, I personally would rethink that petition, particularly the way you have worded it.
    11-06-12 09:38 PM
    Rename your Petition and rethink what you want to accomplish and if it it well worth it I will sign.
    You can't start a petition over being upset about an app.
    Go to your happy place cool down and retry.
    11-07-12 12:59 AM
    If you start a petition to force Imangi studio to develop a BlackBerry version of Temple run. I'm in.
    11-07-12 11:28 AM
    If you start a petition to force Imangi studio to develop a BlackBerry version of Temple run. I'm in.
    https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...90746/?lang=EN

Not bad for free, I have it on the Torch and the Playbook
    11-07-12 11:44 AM
    OK but only if you include apple, android and wp fake apps too.
    11-07-12 11:51 AM
    never had a fake or problem app yet.. sorry cannot sign your petition...
    11-07-12 11:53 AM

Thanks for the heads up. i'm gonna install it now!
    11-07-12 12:00 PM

Gonna try that too, going off topic is not ALWAYS a bad thing, thanks
    11-07-12 04:46 PM
    it is on how RIM sells fake apps in the app world, I have seen multiple posts on this and have noticed it myself, ver angry with RIM. >

http://www.change.org/petitions/rese...pp-world#share
    From your posts I guess what you're saying is the site you're getting the stuff off of does not "Police" the vendors, and allows el-crap-ola to be sold after multiple complaints are made about the app, right?

1: Can you link to some of the apps you are talking about?
    2: Are you saying that app was advertised to work on whatever device /OS you have.. you met the requirements and the app was no good /wouldn't run? OR are you saying it's a case you buy and you're rolled over to a bad link / bogus install file?

Q: Curious does the site have some type of rating /feedback system in which a app once it gets a certain amount of negative ratings it is pulled /suspended,,,, or is reduced in price /made free for xyz amount of time so as to PUNISH those making bad apps?

(With computers, system could be setup so price automatically goes down, down, down as number of negative /reviews complaints increases .
    As the number of POSITIVE reviews increases price automatically increases with each positive rating app gets.. It could also be setup to kick crappy app makers to the curb I would think.)

Seems like RIM would want some type of system... I know I would if I was them.

EDIT: Read your petition.. In cases in which the apps are substandard I think RIM should police bad apps/vendors in a proactive manner. Bad apps should be reduced in price, and at some point pulled.

RIM has been selling free and paid scam apps in their app store, called the App world, for their tablet device the BlackBerry Playbook. A lot of the paid apps you buy in the app store either have very limited features of what it says it has or doesn't work all together. Please RIM, stop scamming your customers and be more productive with your online store
    Petition Letter
    Stop selling fake/scam apps in the BlackBerry Playbook app world.

RIM has been selling free and paid scam apps in their app store, called the App world, for their tablet device the BlackBerry Playbook. A lot of the paid apps you buy in the app store either have very limited features of what it says it has or doesn't work all together. Please RIM, stop scamming your customers and be more productive with your online store
    Last edited by WeAreNotAlone; 11-09-12 at 03:19 AM.
    11-09-12 02:58 AM
    Well, if you want to get your petition signed, better change the picture on that change.org with the exact apps that you said were fake/scam.
    Because the picture shows apps like Angry Birds, Smart Office 2, etc that are not only legit, they are featured.
    This could leads into some people getting the wrong idea.
    So please, back your petition to be more precise.
    11-09-12 06:53 AM
    Can you atleast link to some fake apps?? Cos I'm not gonna sign anything that I don't believe in..
    And I haven't come across any fake apps..

And asking RIM to reduces prices on 'x' number of bad reviews is idiotic..
    I have seen perfectly great games getting following reviews from people who are just too stupid to play:
    Half star : " I can't get past level 5.. Please fix" etc..
    11-09-12 07:27 AM
    I've never seen a "fake" app but I know there can be apps that don't work right or are misrepresented as doing something they don't. I do wish quality control was better. That said. I had a problem with an app, contacted RIM AppWorld support, and my money was refunded in less than 24 hours. Problem solved.
    11-09-12 10:14 AM
    I have seen perfectly great games getting following reviews from people who are just too stupid to play:
    Half star : " I can't get past level 5.. Please fix" etc..
    Lol! Too true, and really, really sad. What I like are the ones that are actually asking for help getting past a level. I can understand devs wanting to remove reviews like that.
    sputneek likes this.
    11-09-12 10:19 AM
    Lol! Too true, and really, really sad. What I like are the ones that are actually asking for help getting past a level. I can understand devs wanting to remove reviews like that.
    Yep, just boggles the mind. Mostly kids I suppose ( I hope), who are not realizing ( or maybe they are?) the harm they may be causing. I don't think Appworld and the way it works is all that bad, people have to be responsible for their own judgement. And if you did get burned it's probably your own damn fault and you needed that loss of MAXIMUM a couple of bucks to learn your lesson or more then likely for FREE. Pretty cheap education at today's values.
    11-09-12 10:47 AM
    So, how's that petition going so far?
    11-09-12 10:58 AM