EDIT: Tried using Playbook App Manager Chrome Browser Extension to install App as suggested by 'pacoman03,' and it worked a treat, so no further help required, (for now at least!)

EDIT2: Thanks to everyone else who responded! Managed to do what I wanted using Chrome Extension, but may have a play with DDPB as well sometime, just for fun!

Hello again. Well I got my new PlayBook, and so far I'm loving it. Using it right now to type this in fact. My next post will be about my initial thoughts and a couple of questions that have come to mind since starting to use it... But for now, my biggest concern is that I can't get Sideloading to work. I'm hoping that someone can tell me where I'm going wrong! Sorry this is such a long post, but I going to try to give as much info about what I'm doing as possible to save on too many supplemental questions. So here we go...
    My laptop is running Windows 7. My PlayBook is v2.1.0.1314
    I have installed BB Desktop Manager and downloaded BBH v2.4.9.7a
    I have enabled WiFi file sharing and enabled Developer mode on my PB.
    There doesn't seem to be an installer for BBH so I just unzipped the files into a new folder on my desktop and ran the executable file.
    It starts up fine, but then says'No BlackBerry OS installed, please browse for your OS folder. This I don't think I have, IS THIS IMPORTANT?
    I enter the correct WiFi IP address (About, Network)and password into BBH. Next I plug in my PB via USB and I get a dialog box from BlackBerry Device Manager asking for my Password, which I provide, and the PB is assigned to drive Z on my laptop.
    I then add my. BAR file in BBH and press the Install button, but I get a message saying the file has NOT been installed.
    If I press the DeviceInfo button in BBH I get an error message saying cannot find file specified.
    Anyone know what I am doing wrong? Many thanks for any suggestions.
    Chris
    Last edited by ChrisMay; 01-13-13 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Problem Solved!
    01-13-13 02:53 PM
    Probably the easiest way to sideload is to first install Google Chrome Browser on your laptop, then go to PlayBook App Manager in Chrome and follow the instructions.
    ChrisMay and paradroid28 like this.
    01-13-13 02:56 PM
    Hi, was not aware of this way of doing sideloading. I already have Chrome on laptop, so will give it a go! Watch this space...
    01-13-13 04:08 PM
    I have never had success with BBHTools to install bar files, I use this - Try with DDPB, here is the link DDPB – PlayBook Tool
    Put your PB in development mode
    Sideloading problems-dev.jpg

Set a password
    Sideloading problems-ipass.jpg

and you should have this
    Sideloading problems-.jpg

You must install the appropriate version of Java JRE:

http://www.mediafire.com/?siwn5so7n66oqi6 32bit
    http://www.mediafire.com/?4qkn7qwdho6cil9 64bit

Run DDPB, select scan and then enter password you used in dev mode on PB. Select Add in DDPB and navigate to were you saved bar files. Highlite then select install
    ChrisMay likes this.
    01-13-13 04:21 PM
    Same here as far as using DDPB Installer. It's all I use and have used for about a year now without any issues. Very simple and easy to install/uninstall any of the bar files. Here's a link to the very good look at the app.

DDPB Installer for the BlackBerry PlayBook updated to v1.0.8 - Adds new user friendly UI | CrackBerry.com
    ChrisMay likes this.
    01-13-13 04:24 PM
    Worked a treat!! Took all of 2 minutes to install Playbook App Manager into Chrome, connect to my playbook and install the Kindle app i wanted.
    Result!!
    Thank you very much.
    Chris
    01-13-13 04:24 PM