have spent the last few hours trying to side load some app's to my playbook thats been updated to 2.1 and im either doing something wrong ( most likely option ) or its not possible.
    i just have a standard playbook running 2.1 i put it in developer mode and try and load the apps (bar) files using BBH tool, so should i have loaded something to my playbook first? i've tried it using mac and windows 7 and i've read a dozen or more guides but still no joy so what am i doing wrong please
    i just get a message saying

"selected BAR(s) have NOT been successfull installed to the connected device. Please try again"
    10-04-12 02:06 PM
    Do you have wifi and file sharing turned on?
    10-04-12 02:16 PM
    Yeah I do mate and I've installed the latest java as I read that could play up
    10-04-12 02:17 PM
    What apps are you trying to install, and where did you get them from?
    10-04-12 02:21 PM
    I open blackberry desktop and enter the password but when I open the BBHTool I get a message saying "no blackberry OS installed-please browse for your OS folder" and I click ok then I get one that says " unhandled exceptions has occurred in your application could not find path C:\users\username\downloads\BBHTool-pub java.
    What does that mean?
    10-04-12 02:24 PM
    What apps are you trying to install, and where did you get them from?
    eBay app and google maps both of which came from this forum
    10-04-12 02:24 PM
    I am having same problem... and is use to work
    10-04-12 02:29 PM
    Shot in the dark did you reboot your PB after update a second time?
    10-04-12 02:35 PM
    Shot in the dark did you reboot your PB after update a second time?
    No but I will now. I did try rebooting the pc twice after installing everything but not the BB
    10-04-12 02:42 PM
    Not sure about BBH Tool but to use DDPB to sideload apps you need the latest JAVA to be installed on your PC. Anyhow, it may be easier to to just use the Google Chrome browser to sideload. You'll need to install the Playbook app manager plug in for Chrome to do it this wasy.
    10-04-12 02:44 PM
    Not sure about BBH Tool but to use DDPB to sideload apps you need the latest JAVA to be installed on your PC. Anyhow, it may be easier to to just use the Google Chrome browser to sideload. You'll need to install the Playbook app manager plug in for Chrome to do it this wasy.
    Ok thanks mate any link or tutorial for that? This side loading stuff is all new to me mate
    10-04-12 02:46 PM
    You might want to use DDPB to install apps. Its very easy to use !
    10-04-12 03:07 PM
    I can't comment much on windows use - for I only use this through a VM occasionally, but have you tried the Playbook app manager for Chrome / Firefox - which doesn't need java. You can get the extension here: PlayBook App Manager

It simply works just linke a bookmarked page. You turn on development mode on your PB - which gives the PB ip number. You enter this on the Chrome app manager (and save it for later use, and your code for autologin), drag & drop the bar file & watch it install ota. Same with deleting files - just click uninstall from the list & poof, it's gone (no coming back!).

Also, whilst I don't doubt the quality of converted apks on this fantastic site, also check out the ones on good-e-reader, these work 99% of the time & have been thoroughly checked.

If you want to convert your own android apks then use the free online converter: PlayBook .apk to .bar converter

It also has a feedback mechanism for people to let others know if the apk is compatible once installed. Not every app has this, sometimes it can be hit and miss, but on the whole its great & lets you sideload a great variety of android apps.
    10-04-12 03:10 PM
    Thank you for your guide bay1902, I followed it and was able to install and remotely launch it on the playbook via Playbook App Manager, however the app itself (flipboard) never shows up in the applist on the playbook (tried a reboot and a full power-down/power-on), any ideas? I'm on the newest OS and this is brand new to me.
    11-22-12 06:27 AM
    I've only ever gone to goodereader.com website. They have a section just for bb apps which download as .bar files which can then be sideloaded. Always worked flawlessly for me and there is even a tutorial video on the site explaining step-by-step the simple process.
    11-22-12 07:24 AM
    When you install a new app, make sure to scroll all the way to the bottom of the icon home screen. New apps generally get installed at the very bottom and some folks have forgotten to look all the way down there.

I've recently started using the Chrome method and it is very good and now prefer it over the DDPB method. Also, make sure you have the right IP address. I do it wirelessly and use the same address I use for wifi sharing.
    11-22-12 08:51 AM
    Thank you very much! Glad it was something obvious, the chrome/firefox method is very easy for anyone on the fence.
    11-22-12 03:39 PM
    Just a very basic question - what do I need to install Playbook App Manager? Chrome doesn't seem to have a PB version yet. Help?
    11-23-12 02:10 PM
    Just a very basic question - what do I need to install Playbook App Manager? Chrome doesn't seem to have a PB version yet. Help?
    You install Chrome on YOUR COMPUTER, not the pb. Then install the Playbook App Manager in the computer's Chrome program.
    11-23-12 02:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD