OK i just downloaded OS2 - now when I try to power down the PlayBook and hit the Stand By icon it restarts. Restart & Turn Off work ok. Anyone know why this happens ?

It worked fine before the OS upgrade

Thanks all
    02-21-12 11:46 PM
    NinjaChopstick has just posted about the same problem !
    02-21-12 11:54 PM
    Are you using the power button icon? I was alerted to this bug not too long ago. Use the options after clicking the battery icon.
    I deleted that power button. Does it still exist with OS2?
    02-21-12 11:59 PM
    The Power Off icon does not appear to be part of 2.0 since it did not reappear there on my 1.0.8 from which I'd previously deleted it. On the other unit which I debricked two days ago the icon was restored by 1.0.8 but not removed by the upgrade.

The real test will be if someone has debricked after the upgrade was released... If the icon is not reinstalled then it's pretty safe to say that it's an abandoned child RIM won't even acknowledge at this point. People who buy tablets with 2.0 pre-installed will never see it.
    02-22-12 12:48 AM
    Thanks for replies - upgrading to os2 did not delete the power off icon. It's when I use trying to go into stand by causes the PB to reboot. Tapping the battery icon works fine. I take it by your replies RIM are unlikely to fix this bug ?

As mentioned the power icon worked properly before the OS2 upgrade..........
    02-22-12 02:22 AM
    As mentioned the power icon worked properly before the OS2 upgrade..........
    It didn't for me. Standby did a Restart on 1.x.8. I just tried it on my 1.x.8 16 GB Playbook and boom, restart...
    02-22-12 02:34 AM
    It didn't for me. Standby did a Restart on 1.x.8. I just tried it on my 1.x.8 16 GB Playbook and boom, restart...
    Same, here. I finally deleted the icon.
    02-22-12 09:52 AM
    Been there from day 1. Just use the battery icon at the top to shut down/restart/standby.

I'm sure this will be fixed in the next "sub-date"............

Carl
    02-22-12 09:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD