Tonight i realised there was an update for my playbook and as i was browsing through some of the threads i seen there were a few bugs in with the battery life being shortened , icons disappeared, calenders not syncing and i am wondering whether i should do the update because the current os i am on has had no problems
    Thanks.
    10-03-12 01:52 PM
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

My .358 was running just fine. I upgraded this morning. Things are still just fine.

YMMV!
    Lhendr and anon(4267099) like this.
    10-03-12 01:55 PM
    You should.
    But always do a backup first, just in case.

I did updated mine and didn't even need to do multiple restart since there is no problem after updating.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    10-03-12 01:59 PM
    The PB was running great at. 358, and and still is, better infact, and the new features are working great for me, so why not.
    10-03-12 02:57 PM
    Some people seem to attract problems for some reason. However, what you don't hear about are a lot of people who updated very successfully. First make sure if you use bridge, update it. Do a fresh reboot of your Playbook first. Do a backup and then do the upgrade. After the upgrade reboot the Playbook a couple of more times.
    10-03-12 03:04 PM
    I agree with Togard and Phoenix. Go ahead and run the upgrade. From me, everything is working fine, seems even smoother and better than before. Plus now you have your sms text messages over the bridge if you have a BB phone.

Not a single problem here, plus the features that were announced to be added to the OS by this upgrade. Seem to be some minor glitches if you're using the native email/PIM which look to be resolved when you do 2 or 3 restarts on the PB, plus allow time for the native PIM apps to re-sync with the online services.

Also, don't forget to look at AppWorld for a BB Bridge upgrade if you have a BB phone.
    anon(4267099) likes this.
    10-03-12 03:14 PM
    I'm quite enjoying the new update. Android apps behave as if they were native (minus some UI weirdness depending on the app), which makes them actually usable. 2.0 was like having desktop mode in Windows 8, 2.1 let's you easily swap between Android and native apps seamlessly.
    10-03-12 03:21 PM
    My upgrade went perfectly. Like others have mentioned give some time for your messages and calendar to re-populate. I didn't need a restart, but it would still be a good idea. The only bug I have found so far is that Facebook messages crashes the app, so if you use that a lot you might want to wait to see if a solution is found. The browser Facebook messages still works fine.
    10-03-12 03:28 PM
    I went from 2.0.1.668 and didn't have any problems. Everything is working great. Love that Android apps are running in their own spaces now. Portrait mode for PIM applications is great too. I would offer the same upgrade suggestions as the previous posters and you should be fine.
    10-03-12 03:52 PM
    id say do it. had no issues, love the new features. only bug I have found relates to the facebook app closing with an error when checking messages, all other aspects works fine. not too bothered by this given the improvements
    10-03-12 04:32 PM
    id say do it. had no issues, love the new features. only bug I have found relates to the facebook app closing with an error when checking messages, all other aspects works fine. not too bothered by this given the improvements
    Confirming FB messages bug.
    10-03-12 05:12 PM
    I've only had my playbook for a week. I had several issues. I couldn't get playbook to connect to my yahoo business "sub domain" email account. That was critical for me. I had an open ticket with RIM for days no solution. I also had a problem with WIFI kicking out constantly. The upgrade fixed all that. One word of caution. The upgrade froze on me using desk top manager. I was on the phone within for hours with RIM to complete the upgrade. Two tips I received. One if you have a PC use a usb connection at the back. Second and perhaps most important forget what you know about BB phones and do the wireless upgrade. These are built for that and that's what worked for me.
    10-03-12 07:29 PM
    I went from 2.0.1.668 and didn't have any problems. Everything is working great. Love that Android apps are running in their own spaces now. Portrait mode for PIM applications is great too. I would offer the same upgrade suggestions as the previous posters and you should be fine.
    How do you download android apps ??
    10-03-12 08:10 PM
    How do you download android apps ??
    I already answered you on another thread! Stop this hijack-spam!
    10-03-12 08:25 PM
    The facebook messages bug is very annoying
    10-06-12 12:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD