Ive had this one for 11 days now and aside from the **** poor battery (5, maybe 6 hours usage with 20% brightness and 90sec display timeout), its been working great. I dont even have any apps running, I had it on sleep overnight last night and it dropped 30% wtf! Im just worried if i exchange it, ill get one with different problems causing more trips back to the store.

But reading how many of you are getting much better batt life, I dont see how mine is normal. I even drained it a few times after fulling charging it for 10hrs the first time. I read that you can try restoring the OS but I have a mac and RIM for some reason doesnt support mac.
    05-02-11 05:07 PM
    dont know about anyone else, but I treated my pb like my phone, always top up the battery if I can, and have never let it completely die.

Maybe letting it fully discharge has damaged it a bit?
    05-02-11 05:11 PM
    dont know about anyone else, but I treated my pb like my phone, always top up the battery if I can, and have never let it completely die.

ditto with me and no issues at all.
    05-02-11 05:13 PM

That can't be it, I've had mine die completely 2 times. I can still easily make it through the day, with around 20% battery life and always bridged and either tethered or on Wifi.
    05-02-11 05:16 PM
    That can't be it, I've had mine die completely 2 times. I can still easily make it through the day, with around 20% battery life and always bridged and either tethered or on Wifi.
    tough to say, not every scenario is exactly the same
    05-02-11 05:26 PM
    ^ Its actually recommended to fully discharge new batteries at least a couple times when new to train and condition it. Ive always done this with all my batteries, whether its phone, or whatever electronic device.
    05-02-11 05:26 PM
    ^ Its actually recommended to fully discharge new batteries at least a couple times when new to train and condition it. Ive always done this with all my batteries, whether its phone, or whatever electronic device.
    yup, solid advice...applicable of phones, tablets, notebooks, etc,...
    05-02-11 05:31 PM
    return it - seeming that you have more negatives than positives (from reading your comments). Plus like you said in another thread, it doesnt have Native email -
    05-02-11 05:31 PM
    Troll. Troll. Troll. Don't feed him.
    05-02-11 06:02 PM
    not any more man. lith ion/poly dont have memory and by fully discharging then you lower their capacity to recharge. these new cell like to be topped up there is no need to train them like the old nicads.
    05-02-11 06:11 PM
    not any more man. lith ion/poly dont have memory and by fully discharging then you lower their capacity to recharge. these new cell like to be topped up there is no need to train them like the old nicads.
    ok well only thing i could think of is that i was using my pb the first time i charged it up. maybe that is whats causing this?
    05-02-11 06:15 PM
    it should be discharged completely every so often but not every time. The OS still has internal calibration to know where the 0%/100% is for the battery
    05-02-11 06:32 PM
    Bridging eats up the battery like nothing else. I have an extended battery and if I'm bridged for more than a few mins at a time, OMG...plummets.
    05-02-11 06:43 PM
    My playbook is way better than my iPad 2 in regards to the battery. I just got my iPad 2 on Friday and noticed that apples 10 hours is way over rated. I like both units the same each has it's advantages over the other.
    05-02-11 07:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD