Those of you that have a PlayBook, how much do you like it?
    Is it worth getting at $250.00?
    How useful is it with out a Blackberry attached to it?
    I do have an iPad and love it, however I am a Blackberry addict at heart and wouldn�t mind a tablet that�s a little smaller.

Thanks
    09-26-11 05:51 PM
    How useful without a bb attached to it ? ?

Useless, no native Email, calendar

Bottomline : If you are into email, Apps , calendar and want a bigger screen DONT buy the playbook,
    though OS 2 is coming with native capabilities, RIM said After Devcon -
    As of now, a bad idea to buy it , keep using your iPad

But after the OS 2 you can re-consider it
    09-26-11 06:06 PM
    i bought one today for $364 with a $100 mail in rebate.

I really think its a great device for the price i paid. I have an iphone as my personal device and i still love this thing. If you can afford it buy it and dont look back.
    nova_8 likes this.
    09-26-11 06:16 PM
    I have an iPad 2 and a PlayBook. I like and use both, but I like my PB much better and thats the tablet that leaves the house with me. It is smaller and easy to transport as well as the 'always on' internet connection via the Bridge. If you already have a BlackBerry the PlayBook is a good fit. Yes it can use a few new features, but its not unusable as it stands now.

Good luck with whatever you choose.
    09-26-11 06:24 PM

Bottomline : If you are into email, Apps , calendar and want a bigger screen DONT buy the playbook,

Dont listen to this guy... Yes it has no native email or calendar but for the price it is far from useless... With the new price drop of the PB the device is finally priced appropriatly.

I personally have a iphone 4 and I'm loving the PB. I use it alot for at home use (email, movies, music, apps) but just this week decided to take it to work for note taking during meetings etc and so far it has been an excellent tool. The size of the tablet is a HUGE plus for me atleast... I to have a ipad2 but dont dare take it out of the house due to the size and weight. You wouldnt think the difference is that big but it is.

Things are only going to get better for the PB as well... With the new software update around the corner all the negative things surronding the PB will hopefully be put to rest.

I recommend spending the $250 if you can afford it as you wont find a better device on the market for that type of money.
    kbz1960, nova_8, KRol and 2 others like this.
    09-26-11 06:30 PM
    I use it all the time without my BlackBerry. Browsing the internet, games(not that the ipad doesn't have many more games), and reading books all the time. Probably what I spend the most time doing on it.

It's the size that I like so much. Easy to pack around.

Oh also, the voice notes app. I have used dedicated recorders before and my blackberry, but the quality of the playbook recordings are much better then anything else I have used.

It's worth the price, and in the next month or so we should have OS 2.0
    09-26-11 06:30 PM
    Those of you that have a PlayBook, how much do you like it?
    Is it worth getting at $250.00?
    How useful is it with out a Blackberry attached to it?
    I do have an iPad and love it, however I am a Blackberry addict at heart and wouldn�t mind a tablet that�s a little smaller.

Thanks
    The Playbook would definitely be smaller than an iPad, that is fact. Can't really think of anything else to sell the Playbook, though. iPad 2 beats it in every single category, IMO.
    09-26-11 06:52 PM
    Should I get a Toyota PU? Is it worth getting for $28.500? How has everyone liked theirs? Since I'm a non-Toyota owner just wondering if I should.

Should I get a pound of ground beef? Everyone says chicken is better for you, but I'm not sure... If I get ground beef, is regular OK or should it be the ground round?

Anyway, just wondering what everyone thinks.

1425956 likes this.
    09-26-11 06:57 PM
    Thanks for the feedback, especially being that some of you are using an iPhone which is what I’m using now; waiting to get my hands on the new Bold.

I like the size of the PlayBook very portable for day to day business use. I love my iPad but does feel a little big to tote around all the time. I think the original price was way too much, but now at $250 definitely makes it more appealing.
    09-26-11 07:00 PM
    I'd get a PlayBook without owning a BlackBerry. The screen Is nice, good size. Great for internet.
    09-26-11 07:00 PM
    I just got one at Staples for $249. At that price it's a no-brainer.
    09-26-11 07:01 PM
    Thanks for the feedback, especially being that some of you are using an iPhone which is what I�m using now; waiting to get my hands on the new Bold.

I like the size of the PlayBook very portable for day to day business use. I love my iPad but does feel a little big to tote around all the time. I think the original price was way too much, but now at $250 definitely makes it more appealing.
    09-26-11 07:02 PM
    Should I get a Toyota PU? Is it worth getting for $28.500? How has everyone liked theirs? Since I'm a non-Toyota owner just wondering if I should.

Should I get a pound of ground beef? Everyone says chicken is better for you, but I'm not sure... If I get ground beef, is regular OK or should it be the ground round?

Anyway, just wondering what everyone thinks.

The Playbook would definitely be smaller than an iPad, that is fact. Can't really think of anything else to sell the Playbook, though. iPad 2 beats it in every single category, IMO.

Really wish I could find a forum with users that actually try to help people.

At any rate, I use Gmail and Google Calendar so so issues with the PB not having native PIM. I don't have a BlackBerry phone either.

Like you, I have the iPad, and also an Android tablet. When I'm at home, surfing while watching TV, I'll grab one of the 10" tablets. When I go somewhere, the PlayBook will come with me.

You won't be disappointed in the screen quality either. If you decide to get the PB, you'll find it's much more portable that your iPad, and you'll be more willing to take it with you.
    kitesurfer likes this.
    09-26-11 07:05 PM
    Agreed, Im always amazed at some of the comments people make.

At any rate, I use Gmail and Google Calendar so so issues with the PB not having native PIM. I don't have a BlackBerry phone either.

Like you, I have the iPad, and also an Android tablet. When I'm at home, surfing while watching TV, I'll grab one of the 10" tablets. When I go somewhere, the PlayBook will come with me.

You won't be disappointed in the screen quality either. If you decide to get the PB, you'll find it's much more portable that your iPad, and you'll be more willing to take it with you.
    09-26-11 07:23 PM
    It's fine if you avoid the PB section and the news and rumors section... These two sections are a complete lost cause.
    NickA likes this.
    09-26-11 07:27 PM

Useless is a stretch - it depends on what your use is.

It still has wifi browsing, apps.
    09-26-11 07:29 PM
    To the positive aspects mentioned above, from a perspective of using it for work (yes I bridge the PB with my BB Torch 9800), I am wowed by how fluidly quick it was to solely use the PB during my conference call meetings - pulling up email, information off of the web, opening and referencing attachments (excel, pdf, word docs).

Outside of my work laptop, I have never had so much useful and productive support in an electronic device while working.

At home, I pushed a number of Blue Ray movies onto the PB and ported through the micro HDMI to my home theatre, I surfed/did work while the movie was playing - smooth, no complications, and all night long.

I have used the whole gambit from the first version of the iphone/ipod/ipad to a number of BB devices - The PB definitely has a leading edge for me on the performance/hardware/productivity/multitasking front.

Regards,
    Don
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-26-11 07:38 PM
    It's fine if you avoid the PB section and the news and rumors section... These two sections are a complete lost cause.
    That is not true. Ask a serious "need help" question and you will generally get a fast and helpful answer.

Ask an evaluation of the pb question and you will get a myriad of opinions including good and middling and bad. Title a thread: It was the "Best of tablets" or the "Worst of Tablet" and watch the fun begin (with apologies to Dickens).
    dpdave likes this.
    09-26-11 08:12 PM
    Hi
    with all the mix opinions and information available about pb…i was just like you.

until i saw a 32g pb way below rrp, it was hard to resist. to tell the truth…i was actually dissappointed when i received my pb although i made all research and knew what i was in for. i thought i made a mistake and wasted my money. with all the awful apps available (you definitely compare the apps if you have used iphones/ipad before).

BUT i found i can't resist using my pb everyday. my interest in pb grows everyday and now i feel i made the right decision! It is totally worth the money i paid. The most important feature i think that i love is the size. gotta be the size. it is so portable. its like your personal diary! The UI is so fluid. Speaker sound perfect.Great if you are travelling for watching movies and all. you can sync pictures,videos so easily. multitask perfectly, allows user customization. I am a happy pb owner IF i had paid full price…i think i would not be tht happy...

i am not into thousands of apps. but evernote, alarm, facebook, calculator is there. although i wish it has calender

if you are not sure, just hang on till they actually release the 2.0 update. if you decide to buy and found you are not happy, you can always sell on ebay.
    togardergrosse likes this.
    09-26-11 08:48 PM
    if you have a bb, it is a no brainer. i recommend it to everyone i know with a bb, and love the way it works with my 9930. without bb, it becomes more of toss up depending on what your needs/wants are. with 2.0, it becomes more compelling for pb. really comes down to how you use it though.
    09-26-11 09:10 PM
    Whether the price has been reduced or not, PB is a very smart device as compared to the iPad. I still own an iPad 1 and 2 but much prefer the PB for its gesture control, multi tasking, ability to bridge and the big plus for me is the fact that I can use the internet using my BB data package.

in a word.... Result
    09-26-11 09:33 PM
    I'm sort of in the same boat as the op except I know for a fact I want the playbook , but righht now price is a big factor forr me do you guys think there's any chance we will seee the price go to 199? If it does I swear ill buy two if it goes to 99 ill buy one for every member of my family

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-11 12:00 AM
    I am in a bit of a different situation than many of the people on the forum. As a professional mariner, I am often without at least one of the componetents that make for happy *pad use.

At home I have WiFi, as well as cellular signal. Onboard the ship I sometimes have both, often have only cell, sometimes only WiFi, and not infrequently have neither. One of the things that really turned me on about the PB was that it will leech data service from the Crackberry, and not require me to buy yet another data plan that I can only use part of the time. (No cell towers in the middle of the ocean...).

As far as the unit itself goes... I am very happy overall with it. About the only thing I really miss is not being able to print from it, but it's not that big a chore to transfer a file to the laptop. I can say that the single thing that pushed me over the edge when I was shopping them was the demo video. That video also tends to floor most of the folks I show it to.

If I had known they were going to drop the price I maight have waited a while, but I don't regret the purchase a bit. It was well worth it to me at $500, so doubly so at $250.

I am very curious to see if I need OS2 as much, and whether the device will be upgradable.

Good luck with yours!
    09-27-11 02:00 AM
    IMO, as general user, you don't need to get PB if you already have an iPad, unless you have extra cash to spend.
    09-27-11 02:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD