Since the latest update, my front facing camera has refused to work. When I downgraded to the previous OS, the front facing camera worked again and worked fine. I updated again and the camera worked for a few days then refused to work there after. I have done 2 or 3 wipes which makes the front facing camera work for a while but then it reverts to the malfunctioning behavior.

I bought my PlayBook in May of last year and I have a Best Buy extended warranty. Should I try to exchange my current PlayBook a new one? I welcome your opinions.
    05-26-12 09:12 PM
    i say why not... u have the warranty, may as well use it.

I couldnt tell u how to fix that prob as it seems you've done quite a bit of troubleshooting. Perhaps these wise BB guys on here could help.
    05-26-12 09:18 PM
    I would return it for a new replacement. It isn't working how it is supposed to. Plus, as you say you have an extended warranty.
    Last edited by Ben1232; 05-26-12 at 10:21 PM.
    05-26-12 10:18 PM
    Absolutely return it and ensure they give you a NEW replacement. If they offer to repair it decline because if you were going to buy a second hand or refurbished you would have done so and saved the money you spent on the new one.
    Just my opinion though.
    05-27-12 03:54 PM
    Thanks for the responses guys. I am just wondering why, for me, my front camera doesn't work on the latest OS but it does on previous versions of the OS
    05-27-12 04:57 PM
    Thanks for the responses guys. I am just wondering why, for me, my front camera doesn't work on the latest OS but it does on previous versions of the OS
    That is a strange one. But yes I'd get it replaced.
    05-27-12 05:16 PM
    Do you have any apps besides the standard ones that use the front camera (is that the camera on the SCREEN side?) that maybe interfere with the camera but only in the newer OS? I'd suspect an app might cause it? How about Android apps although I don't think they can use the camera.
    05-27-12 05:51 PM
    Do you have any apps besides the standard ones that use the front camera (is that the camera on the SCREEN side?) that maybe interfere with the camera but only in the newer OS? I'd suspect an app might cause it? How about Android apps although I don't think they can use the camera.
    Yes it's the screen side camera. I have no android apps, no sideloaded apps. I don't have any apps that uses the camera besides the stock camera app (not to my knowledge anyway)

Does anyone know if BestBuy would give me any hassle when i try to return it?? I have had it for a year now. Thanks for all the responses
    05-27-12 07:39 PM
    Have you tried firing up the Video Chat and seeing if that works? I see the Video Camera also can use the front camera (boy, I'm surprised I don't break my lens!!!!)
    05-27-12 08:33 PM
    "... Does anyone know if BestBuy would give me any hassle when i try to return it?? ..."

Pls. let us know !!

And good luck with it . . i find the best time to deal with a cs desk, is first thing a.m.

And ya got a warranty, why would ya not use it ???

I personally listen to advice of most consumer groups, don't waste money on the extended warranties offered by anyone for any product !! In my case my (no fee) cc has a built extended (+1yr max.) warranty program anyways. . . .

nite
    Last edited by Cracklen; 05-27-12 at 11:06 PM.
    05-27-12 11:00 PM
    So after talking to a BestBuy rep over the phone, she told me when I take my tablet in for an exchange, I will get mine repaired if it's a software issue and a new one if the camera problem is hardware related. She said it sounds to be a software issue, and I am inclined to agree since the camera works flawlessly on all other versions of the OS, except this latest one.

05-30-12 08:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD