I am writing this from my 16gig Playbook. I enjoy mine more with every use, especially with the Origami browser. I am also using my HDMI cable, makes the Playbook a whole new experience. I use mine as a utility for email, weather, research. Audio, videos, cameras, multi-tasking are excellent, finger gesturing so cool, am experimenting with AV by AOL for video chatting with a web browser. Also the physical construction of the Playbook is excellent. I am not an App Junkie, not using Facebook, Twittef so the sheer quality of the Playbook is what I care about.
    11-18-14 08:20 AM
    Skip on it. Better off buying the HP touchpad with WebOS. Much better OS.

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    I respectfully disagree...I have both and I always found the Play Book OS better...it led to an easy transition to BB10. However, I wouldn't get a PlayBook now for $100, I just replaced mine last week after using it daily for 3 years. Many programs are no longer supported and have stopped working.
    HP will no longer support the WebOS store after 2014, so the Touchpad is even more obsolete than the PlayBook.

I found a Kobo Arc 7 HD for $120 CAD at Best Buy and it has 1920x1200 res, much faster processor and full Android OS and Google Play. No back camera and speakers are worse than PlayBook, but no big deal for me.

Hope that helps.
    11-18-14 08:22 AM
    I am writing this from my 16gig Playbook. I enjoy mine more with every use, especially with the Origami browser. I am also using my HDMI cable, makes the Playbook a whole new experience. I use mine as a utility for email, weather, research. Audio, videos, cameras, multi-tasking are excellent, finger gesturing so cool, am experimenting with AV by AOL for video chatting with a web browser. Also the physical construction of the Playbook is excellent. I am not an App Junkie, not using Facebook, Twittef so the sheer quality of the Playbook is what I care about.
    I know a guy that still uses a old IBM select typwriter to type out articles.... for him it works. Doesn't mean that it's really the best tool for the job.
    11-18-14 01:01 PM
    To me, it is what you personally get out of the Playbook or any device for that matter. In my reasons above, the Playbook meets + exceeds my requirements very professionally. Your typewriter comparison makes no sense,each to his own.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    11-18-14 01:42 PM
    To me, it is what you personally get out of the Playbook or any device for that matter. In my reasons above, the Playbook meets + exceeds my requirements very professionally. Your typewriter comparison makes no sense,each to his own.
    I have my PlayBook charged up and I'm going to take it for a spin tonight. It was terribly slow the last time I used it. Typing anything into the browser took ages. I'd tap the letters but they wouldn't appear for like 3 seconds each.

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    11-18-14 02:41 PM
    I've been trying to sell my 32GB PB (along with the OEM leather flip-case) with all original accessories/box, etc. on eBay for a while. Listed it for $25 but no bites,
    Andy, please PM me - you've got a buyer. I messaged you my phone number. I'm local.
    11-18-14 03:31 PM
    You can get a 2013 Nexus 7 16 GB for $100 on eBay. Regardless of your thoughts on Android, it's a dramatically better device for the money.

And Nexus 7 is getting Lollipop. What's Playbook getting?
    11-18-14 04:08 PM
    Coraya, perhaps your settings are off, because when I type the letters appear, for the most part, right away, even when I am using the Playbook solely on battery power. Also try the Origami browser, way faster for me, just my personal experience.
    11-18-14 06:24 PM
    I want to get rid of my PlayBook. Make me an offer

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 07:31 PM
    Some of the complaints some people have with their Playbooks makes me wonder what all they have going on on them?

I picked up a very gently used 64gb one here in the USA a few weeks ago for $60 USD. It has done almost everything at least as well as the dual core 7" Android 4.3 tablet I recently purchased brand new for my brother-in-law. The ONLY exception that it did NOT do better was in the movie and youtube streaming department. The browser works fine for most stuff. Youtube hiccups but then runs well. Streaming video and audio off my home cloud server (even away from home) works. Internet connection through my Z10 works better than just about every iteration of android connectivity I've seen (watched another student struggle with his Galaxy tablet and phone today... it was pathetic)

SO, for ME, it was a good buy. Granted, I don't have to have "the latest apps" - I need a few things for my tablet to do, and it does pretty much all of them. Would I like it to do more things? Sure - the only gripe I have is not being able to make Teamviewer for android work properly on it... but since it works on my Z10 I'm ok with that. (oops I guess that makes 2 things the new tablet B-i-L has do better - guess I should just go burn my PB in a fiery crash or something... uh, no. )

1 ghz dual core is not very underpowered - especially with having 1 gb of ram available... seriously?
    11-18-14 11:47 PM
    It was outdated when it launched.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    MLDodier likes this.
    11-19-14 12:26 AM
    That was the point... something can be outdated and old, but still useful to some people.
    11-19-14 07:53 AM
    Yes you should go for it only if you know how to really use and rework the playbook. It is by far not outdated yes most of you are haters or people dissatisfied that it didn't get a promised BB10 update you are the one that really don't know squat about development so it's a dust gathering brick paperweight to the ones that gave up on this so far ahead of its time qnx device.

But if you know how to really manipulate the PB OS like some of us and have friends that work for Blackberry it can hang with the newest tablets on the market, real PB daily users know what I'm talking about. And just wait for a little Christmas present from BB OS 2.2.1200 should be showing up right before santa clause makes his delivery.

Posted from my one bad arse Playbook 64GB LTE jamming to Spotify and using Skype (beta) while posting this after I decided to register for the first time. I have been visiting this website for years just to read posts but this was the one that cut the cake and I'm just down right tired of people hating on the playbook when they know nothing about the device later posers.
    Last edited by bbplaybookgod; 11-20-14 at 11:10 AM.
    11-20-14 10:15 AM
    Yes you should go for it only if you know how to really use and rework the playbook. It is by far not outdated yes most of you hater and people dissatisfied with it and really don't know squat about development then it's a brick paperweight. But if you know how to really manipulate the PB OS it can hang with the newest tablets on the market, real PB daily users know what I'm talking about. And just wait for a little Christmas present from BB OS 2.2.1200 should be showing up right before santa clause makes his delivery.

Posted from my one bad arse Playbook 64GB LTE jamming to Spotify and using Skype (beta) while posting this
    Quoted for truth.

Did you swap a 64gb hard drive into an LTE playbook? That's pretty Damn cool if so.