Tried to freeze columns and rows. Guess what you can't on Playbook 2.0
    I thought I was missing something because you can do it on 9900.

Went to Dataviz site and they have a notice that they didn't design the version for 7 phones or Playbook. It was done by RIM.

Called support and they verified it. How is anyone going to view large spreadsheets with out this function. Why did RIM chose to leave this out?

Hope they correct it soon or I will have to continue carrying my laptop on trips.
    03-03-12 11:45 PM
    I hear ya on that... I don't like the Sheets To Go either... now if all you needed was to LOOK at the spreadsheet for reference, I would suppose it to be fine... but to work on one and add additional formulas??? No Way.

Hope they get this upgraded so it is useable.
    03-04-12 01:04 AM
    I hear ya on that... I don't like the Sheets To Go either... now if all you needed was to LOOK at the spreadsheet for reference, I would suppose it to be fine... but to work on one and add additional formulas??? No Way.

Hope they get this upgraded so it is useable.
    Just sideload the docstogo.bar file. Go to the android app sideloading page in the forum and look for the step by step guide. There are several office apps that can be sideloaded. And yes you can freeze panes.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk
    jafobabe likes this.
    03-04-12 07:46 AM
    Just sideload the docstogo.bar file. Go to the android app sideloading page in the forum and look for the step by step guide. There are several office apps that can be sideloaded. And yes you can freeze panes.

Any link? Sorry for asking and it's not your fault. But there must be a dozen threads on Android apps. They are all over the place and very hard to find. Very hit and miss. I just UNsideloaded RockPlayer as all it would do is freeze my Android Player even though a few folks recommended it. Could be a I got a bad/old/non-working version. Thanks, and I understand if you don't have a link handy.
    03-04-12 10:26 AM
    Well I am glad to see others have problems. I can't even use it for review. I don't know why RIM would not let Dataviz design the upgrade to 2.0 or have an alternative at release.

They want the PlayBook to be know as a business tablet then they should get the tools we need.

Appreciate the recommendation to try an Android apps but don't I have sign up to be a developer or something like that. Or how do you sideload docstogo.bar?

Thanks
    03-04-12 09:10 PM
    I've never done the android app sideloading page or looked for the .bar files....
    But you should be able to find it in the search at the top of this page within Crackberry.

Sorry I couldn't help you more.
    03-04-12 09:13 PM
    I haven't found a converted bar file for D2G on the sideloading forum. They don't include paid apps, and it costs $14.99 on Android Market.
    03-04-12 11:14 PM
    I dont understand why Sheets to go will not open a file attachment and keep the dates in columns correct. It will change the year on all of the dates in the date column. When a date should be 03/01/2012 it will change it 03/01/2009 as an example. What gives?
    03-04-12 11:25 PM
    Here is all I found.. Kinda like a tutorial..

http://crackberry.com/how-sideload-a...oid-app-player
    03-04-12 11:27 PM
    I dont understand why Sheets to go will not open a file attachment and keep the dates in columns correct. It will change the year on all of the dates in the date column. When a date should be 03/01/2012 it will change it 03/01/2009 as an example. What gives?
    I Don't Know! I refuse to use it like it is, and I am not going to go through the hassle of sideloading Android and downloading bar files... that SUX!

/rant
    03-04-12 11:28 PM
    Here's what I found for the bar files..... Don't look at me if it doesn't work!

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...-2-0-a-680324/
    03-04-12 11:33 PM
    I Don't Know! I refuse to use it like it is, and I am not going to go through the hassle of sideloading Android and downloading bar files... that SUX!

/rant
    It's easy. If I can do it anyone can.

03-05-12 05:02 AM
    I have wanted a full version of Excel since i first bought my PB. I would gladly pay $9-$10 for an app that gave me all the functionality of Excel on the PB. Seems like there would be a sizable market for an app like this especially with all the business analytic apps out there.
    03-05-12 06:20 AM
    ...They want the PlayBook to be know as a business tablet then they should get the tools we need....
    +1 on this one.

I had high hopes that STG would be awesome in 2.0 but some essential functionality is missing. I think that RIM put a lot of time and resources into OS 2 to make it on time and make is at usable as possible.

Now it's time to fine-tune the OS and concentrate to make the business (wo)man more happy. This must include Sheets To Go.
    03-05-12 06:41 AM
    I will gladly pay up to $20 for a full featured office suite. Word processor, spreadsheet, presentation. PB is not a business tablet without them.
    bob_tn and kjm2010 like this.
    03-05-12 07:54 AM
    +1

I fully agree with you. I really like my PB and use it daily in place of my PC for some things. But not being able to access and edit word, excel and pdf's even close to the same way you can on the phones doesn't make sense. Especially since we are coming close to an anniversary date. I know the PB doesn't take the place of a PC for some office type programs but it could narrow the gap so easily if someone could or would develop something. At least, I figure some RIM people are in the same boat of carrying both their PB's and a laptop on trips, like I still have to. Just in case.
    03-05-12 10:32 AM
    Thanks everyone for your advise. I downloaded DocToGo.BAR file and it was easy. I can now freeze the panes.
    03-14-12 11:41 PM
    I will gladly pay up to $20 for a full featured office suite. Word processor, spreadsheet, presentation. PB is not a business tablet without them.
    Same here. The feature I'm looking for is the ability to display and use combo and listboxes. I know its asking a lot but I use a lot of spreadsheets with these and don't want to go through the trouble of rewriting them. I would gladly pay for features such as this.
    03-15-12 11:10 AM
    Well I side load D2G from Android and it was easy as long as you follow the procedure.
    I was able to work with the sample fess and could freeze panes.

The problem is I can't import any of my files.

Should I delete the PB version of D2G?

I saved the files to my sd drive on my phone and to PB and others. But could not find them on my phone or PB.

Any help would be appreciated.

Any articles I can read?

Thanks
    Dan
    03-17-12 09:23 PM
    I just noticed that this site has the docs to go .bar file for download. Enjoy!!

LinkBucks.com - Get your share!
    03-17-12 10:00 PM
    I just noticed that this site has the docs to go .bar file for download. Enjoy!!

LinkBucks.com - Get your share!
    Is it the regular or the premium version? Premium costs $14.99, so posting the .BAR file would be against the rules.

DanDonahue, I don't think you can delete D2G.
    03-17-12 10:50 PM
    Is it the regular or the premium version? Premium costs $14.99, so posting the .BAR file would be against the rules.

DanDonahue, I don't think you can delete D2G.
    Ask the member sideloadapps it's his page
    03-17-12 11:01 PM
    Tried to freeze columns and rows. Guess what you can't on Playbook 2.0
    I thought I was missing something because you can do it on 9900.

Went to Dataviz site and they have a notice that they didn't design the version for 7 phones or Playbook. It was done by RIM.

Called support and they verified it. How is anyone going to view large spreadsheets with out this function. Why did RIM chose to leave this out?
    I don't believe RIM had the ability to provide full functionality for that - as in it might not be possible on the Playbook.....
    ...I can open and view PDF's on my 9930 without any problem yet my Playbook can't open the same .pdf.
    The Playbook is an excellent video chat device provided the other person has one too.
    ...Short of that it's sadly lacking.
    Dan Donahue#WN likes this.
    03-17-12 11:03 PM
    Well I have tried everything that I read about but could not open an excel file in the androids version that I sent to the Playbook. I was able to open pdf that I loaded. The only thing I didn't try is Goggles Docs.

So has anyone used the Sheets To Go for Androids on their Playbook? How did you do it?

I just can't believe RIM can't do this. If you go to Dataviz site they say RIM designs the version for the 7 series and RIM owns them.

I bought my Playbook in the first week at the high price for the 64 gig. But I kept hoping that it would be fixed for 2

RIM you need to step up and get the best Dataviz version for your loyal customers.

Thanks everyone.
    03-27-12 10:38 PM
    Does anyone know if there is a way to copy formulas (by dragging down for example)?

E.g. I have amounts in column A and amounts in column B. Is there any way to get the sums of the two columns without having to enter the sum formula in each cell?

Thanks.
    03-27-12 11:51 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD