It didn�t take long for my wife to realise we need another Playbook in the household. My questions is does anyone know whether or not the $149 price point will return?

Secondly, if I buy one used is there anyway to validate the serial number? I am not interested in stolen property.
    TIA
    02-13-12 01:55 PM
    First - Congratulations!

Second, as a precaution, I always make sure the seller has the original box and/or receipt. Less chance it's stolen. Not a guarantee but gives me a little more peace of mind.
    mrrubus likes this.
    02-13-12 02:09 PM
    If 1) RIM releases the Playbook 2 in the near future (I saw an article within the last day that indicated a March release - can't remember the source) and 2) RIM has significant stock of original Playbooks still unsold, I think the likelihood of $150 (or possibly lower-priced) original Playbooks is high, at the time the Playbook 2 is released.
    02-13-12 02:17 PM
    it looked like a proposal lol, well good that you have convinced your wife.
    now you can both do videochat, while you are chatting you just silently swipe away,
    and do you own favo stuff, meanwhile keep her busy otherwise it gets suspicious lol.
    haha jaja anyways just go for the one that suits you the best, if you have sorted it out.
    i'm not sure what you really want, a brand new pb or a used one.
    getting a brand new is mostly the safest way to be secure.
    buying a second is also good but like pmmcarntney has summit up.
    mrrubus likes this.
    02-13-12 02:27 PM
    It didn�t take long for my wife to realise we need another Playbook in the household. My questions is does anyone know whether or not the $149 price point will return?

Secondly, if I buy one used is there anyway to validate the serial number? I am not interested in stolen property.
    TIA
    $149 was a telus only sale and not from RIM.
    02-13-12 02:35 PM
    Happy Valentines Day to both of you !
    02-13-12 05:36 PM
    Your responses made me laugh. A proposal that was 17 years ago lol. The PB is now indispensable at home. It is the go to device for everyone. So we need 2. Just got back from costco $197 for the 32 gb which is a fair price if the had any in stock...
    02-13-12 05:38 PM

TIA
    Walmart is selling the 64 GB model for $298 and the 32 GB model for $248. All of the other retailers I know have gone back to $499/599/699. The Playbook 2 is also just an unsubstantiated rumor at this point. It is the classic scenario that if you say something often enough it must be true. It may exist but I wouldn't make plans assuming any date or specs....
    02-13-12 05:58 PM
    Supply and demand dictates the price will drop. Especially when generation 2 is released eventually. You cant charge the same price for the two devices right? I dont mind waiting
    02-13-12 06:20 PM
    If you can afford it you might want to wait for the new playbook with NFC and an SD card reader plus whatever else will be improved...
    02-13-12 06:21 PM
    If you got approval from your executive branch of government(the wife) I would get a new 64gig from walmart and not wait for a few dollars. She might change her mind.
    mrrubus likes this.
    02-13-12 06:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD