Is the grey part made from metal? Thought it was plastic. Mine also like yours, even much worse. Do u guys know how can i contact rim? Seems like i can't find an email address to give them feedback. Since i'm not in US, it's not wise to contact them by phone.
    06-09-12 11:36 AM
    What caused your problem of the sharp sides. What did RIM tell you exactly?
    06-09-12 01:37 PM
    The PB has a one year warranty to the original purchaser. It also has 90 free Tech support. I do not know how Rim deals with "quasi-tech support v. warranty"

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: [email protected]
    (UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support
    http://fr.blackberry.com/playbook-ta...ok-support.jsp
    Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)
    F2 provided the RIMM contact information at the beginning of the thread. See above. Good luck.
    06-09-12 05:34 PM
    I have a playbook with 1344, and no problems yet (fingers crossed)
    It just starts to get warm from the back in the middle near the BB Logo (i know this is where the battery is) but so far no issues, rocking 2.1 Developer Beta!
    06-09-12 05:35 PM
    It just starts to get warm from the back in the middle near the BB Logo (i know this is where the battery is) but so far no issues, rocking 2.1 Developer Beta!
    That's not where the battery is

There are actually 2 battery packs in the PlayBook. They are located on the right and left sides of the PlayBook. In the middle is the mainboard.
    06-09-12 07:39 PM
    Just an update...I still have not received the box to ship my PlayBook in, so I contacted support again....it turns out that my repair ticket was never fully created -_-; so now I have to wait an additional two days to wait for the box to ship my PlayBook in. teh suck!!!
    06-12-12 01:18 PM
    Omg 2.1 beta where can I get this. I must have it so my battery can run out in 5 hrs time. Need it. Must now. I will die if I don't get it. Please I need it.
    06-12-12 01:32 PM
    Update:

RMA has been created in the system

Packaging for returning the device has been shipped

Device has been received at the repair facility

Device has been verified and going through the repair process
    Jun 20, 2012

Device is repaired and shipped back to the customer

...I cant wait!
    06-21-12 02:58 PM
    Hopefully they include a repair order synapsis (?) so you know what was the prob' !

BTW I don't recall seeing anymention of it before, xz but people that send in units do ya security wipe the unit before sending it in to the manufacturer (RIM in this case) or do you send it in as is so the techs can analyze ya thru pics and other documents
    06-21-12 04:44 PM
    Hopefully they include a repair order synapsis (?) so you know what was the prob' !

BTW I don't recall seeing anymention of it before, xz but people that send in units do ya security wipe the unit before sending it in to the manufacturer (RIM in this case) or do you send it in as is so the techs can analyze ya thru pics and other documents
    From various NON-reports including my own rma, rim does not necessarily report on what the problem was.

WIPE it. I don't want anyone else having access to my files even if they are innocuous. If the problem is software or file related, it should not be going back on an rma anyway. A reload, security wipe or debrick should fix it.
    06-21-12 04:55 PM
    Just sent mine to RIM Wednesday for this same issue except my wifi went out also.. So I wonder if it is possible that the battery corrosion could have reached my antenna..
    06-21-12 07:02 PM
    I shipped my PlayBook out on Monday afternoon, received it Friday morning (today). There was no repair order synapsis . I did notice that it looks like they replaced the whole back (if not the whole PlayBook itself). Now, my power button sticks out (unlike before) but the serial number matches my old serial number. Either they did a really good job removing some dust on the speakers, or they did give me new covers (front and back). Unfortunately, I can not turn on my PlayBook yet because they sent it to me with the battery completely drained (im getting the two red light flashes). Ill give another update once it turns on.

I did not wipe my PlayBook before sending it in because it has a password on it.
    06-22-12 12:16 PM
    Correction, two red light flashes means I have to reload the OS with Desktop Manager:
    KB26748-BlackBerry PlayBook tablet fails to boot and displays flashing red LED in sequence blink blink pause
    06-22-12 12:29 PM
    Thanks for the update. Good luck with the "rebuild" !
    06-23-12 05:43 PM
    I was successfully able to reinstall OS 2.1 Beta (I had to just sign up again for it), and then restore my backup. All is good for me.
    Harryl6134 likes this.
    06-25-12 07:04 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD