I've been expediting my BB order for a week online, and not one single response. So I called them to ask exactly what Status: Pre-order release date is 4/19/11 really means. I told them that I need to know a delivery date to assure someone was here to accept the package. He did some typing, and suggested that I cancel the online order and place an in store pickup order. A few seconds later, he said I shouldn't do that as I would not be guaranteed to get one initially. Then he confirmed (according to what his system had listed with my order) that it was shipping 4/14/11 with an estimated delivery of 4/19/11. He said I should call back on 4/14/11 and there whould be shipping/tracking info in his system to give me an exact delivery date to my home. I'm just the messenger on this.........
    04-11-11 03:26 PM
    better ship early, 4 day weekend release week..
    04-11-11 03:40 PM
    4 day weekend release week..
    How so?

OP, thanks for passing that along. Confirms what many on here seemed to think.
    04-11-11 03:58 PM
    I was told by my local Staples that they would be selling it on the 14th and they cannot sell it or confirm they have it till the 14th. Here is to hoping I can get one on the 14th istead of waiting for my preorder to ship
    04-11-11 04:01 PM
    How so?

OP, thanks for passing that along. Confirms what many on here seemed to think.
    Might want to look at your calender lol..
    04-11-11 04:02 PM
    I was told by my local Staples that they would be selling it on the 14th and they cannot sell it or confirm they have it till the 14th. Here is to hoping I can get one on the 14th istead of waiting for my preorder to ship

Not a chance in **** they will be selling the PB on the 14th. You may want to rethink this if you think you will be able to get it early.
    04-11-11 04:07 PM
    Might want to look at your calender lol..
    You were implying something shipping on a Thursday couldn't reach a destination by the following Tuesday. Didn't make sense to me...

And if Staples is "selling it on the 14th", you should be able to put in a pre-order to pick it up that day.
    04-11-11 04:10 PM
    This is just a theory. We all know that on the 14th BlackBerry is having the launch party in New York to announce the PlayBook. The "Release Date" of 19th is most likely the date you can go to the store to pick one up, everywhere. However, when you pre-order one online, you *might* get one on the 14th. Why I think that? Well, too many sources (stores) have something to do with 14th, and it's for a reason I think. For instance I just preordered one from waltmart, selecting 1 day delivery and instead of showing delivery for tomorrow or wednesday, they're displaying 14th as well. Who knows, I guess we will see.
    ericlc2 likes this.
    04-11-11 04:16 PM
    Not a chance in **** they will be selling the PB on the 14th. You may want to rethink this if you think you will be able to get it early.
    I have a 32GB and 64GB on preorder. If I can get them on the 14th from my local staples which is 2 minutes from my house, I will, if I have to wait I will wait till the 19th. I hav waited this only what is another 8 days.

It is worth the 2 minute drive to see on the 14th.
    04-11-11 04:18 PM
    I think 12:00am 4/19/2011 is the earliest we'll see it
    04-11-11 04:51 PM
    Sounds like more businesses not knowing what it going on.
    howarmat likes this.
    04-11-11 05:09 PM
    Interesting: I preordered from Best Buy on the first day. They ran a "trial run" charge on my credit card for 24 hours. This Saturday (4/9) they ran the actual charge. BB is getting ready to send these out!
    04-11-11 05:28 PM
    Sounds like more businesses not knowing what it going on.
    Yeah. People have to quit getting all fired up about some hearsay they're told from some random store employee in a polo shirt. If RIM is saying April 19th, that is what I would lean towards believing.
    04-11-11 05:29 PM
    You know what's nice is that this is the first time in a while that everyone on here is excited of the next product from rim!!!
    Whether you like the touchscreen or slider or pearl or bold storm ect.. It doesn't matter everyone is excited for the playbook on here .
    The momentum is really picking up now that people are getting hands on the reorder is starting to pick up at my best buy they the sales guy has 27 on reorder for pick up and 20 were all on sat he is expecting the list to grow .
    Is there a chance with out preorder there could be none available ???????
    04-11-11 06:18 PM
    haha not a chance. they are clueless
    04-11-11 06:24 PM
    You know what's nice is that this is the first time in a while that everyone on here is excited of the next product from rim!!!
    Whether you like the touchscreen or slider or pearl or bold storm ect.. It doesn't matter everyone is excited for the playbook on here .
    The momentum is really picking up now that people are getting hands on the reorder is starting to pick up at my best buy they the sales guy has 27 on reorder for pick up and 20 were all on sat he is expecting the list to grow .
    Is there a chance with out preorder there could be none available ???????
    and new BB's announcing next month!
    04-11-11 06:24 PM
    I wouldn't be surprised if pre-orders ship the 14th so that they will be delivered by the 19th. Maybe that's where the confusion is coming from? I sincerely doubt it will be available in store the 19th. Maybe demo units.
    04-11-11 06:47 PM
    I seriously doubt I'm getting mine before the 19th, or even the 20th to be honest... that being said.. when i preordered--it said I wouldn't be charged until it shipped. I was charged last saturday. So I'm kind of annoyed they have my money and I don't have a PB en route.
    04-12-11 10:30 AM
    I know I placed my pre-order at a Best Buy store on March 23rd. I was the first one at that store. I did not realize that they were automaticly putting those orders as 16g. I went back on April 5th to change it to the 64g. They had a few pre-orders, but none for 64 at that point. They said as soon as it received at their store they will start calling the pre-order list. I am still the 1st one on their list. It is so nice to be excited about a brand new product!!
    04-12-11 01:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD