On my street I can see 4 people are using channel 6, I believe that is what most routers default to. In my area I rarely see anyone using channels 1,2,3 and 9,10,11. I use 11.

Sharing how I solved my PlayBook WIFI issue-lber5.png

12-07-12 09:50 AM
    15! Pretty normal when you live in rented accommodation in a city. I change the WI-FI channel from time to time.
    You are on fire!!!
    12-07-12 06:31 PM
    Mine is 192.168.1.254. Only way to find out for sure is tap the settings icon, then the wifi icon, select Internet Connection on the drop down menu, your wifi router is the default gateway ip address.
    12-07-12 09:50 PM
    I would like to find a "WiFi Booster/Extender App" for my PB.... It can hold the signal for about 15-20 feet only. But I need at least 30ft to be able to use it in the pool patio area.
    Anyone of you Know this App for PB???
    Enyigma likes this.
    12-10-12 12:01 AM
    there are over 30 available networks at my apartment right now. luckily my PB connects just fine

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-10-12 12:04 AM
    I would like to find a "WiFi Booster/Extender App" for my PB.... It can hold the signal for about 15-20 feet only. But I need at least 30ft to be able to use it in the pool patio area.
    I don't know if there's any app. I believe there are physical extenders that can expand the range or maybe you need a different router. Let's see if anyone has suggestions.
    12-10-12 08:54 AM

Can you fit a replacement antenna on your router? The ones supplied are usually 2-3dBi, you can get up to 8dBi ones for domestic use. Pretty cheap.
    12-10-12 09:25 AM
    What about when you forget that user id and password?
    There are web sites that will show you the default login / password for most routers.
    This is a good one.

192.168.2.1 is also a common default router IP.
    12-10-12 09:50 AM
    I don't know if there's any app. I believe there are physical extenders that can expand the range or maybe you need a different router. Let's see if anyone has suggestions.
    I agree I don't know of an app that can do that.
    12-10-12 09:54 AM
    What about when you forget that user id and password?
    Then you have to hold that reset button and start from scratch again.
    12-10-12 09:56 AM
    Then you have to hold that reset button and start from scratch again.
    And as I wrote above somewhere, make sure that you know the info from your isp (userID and Password) to log into your isp or you might lose access to the Internet/email/etc. That info is sometimes (many times) stored in the Router Settings, too.

So many UserID's and so many Passwords and so little Memory (mine!!!)
    12-10-12 10:11 AM
    And as I wrote above somewhere, make sure that you know the info from your isp (userID and Password) to log into your isp or you might lose access to the Internet/email/etc. That info is sometimes (many times) stored in the Router Settings, too.

And mine. Make a file with a cryptic name and then forget what the heck I named the file lol.
    12-10-12 10:15 AM
    I use a NETGEAR WN2000RPT to allow outdoor/patio use. It works well with my Netgear router using WPA2 Personal settings. I was fortunate in that it worked fine on the first setup attempt (I'm not always that lucky). Only drawback if any, is that it is only single 2.4 rather than dual 2.4/5.0 which the PB can use. I believe Netgear has a newer repeater that handles both. The one I use is located about 25 feet from the router and has a masonary wall between it and the router. Signal is useable downstairs and outside to about an additional 40 feet.

HTH and good luck
    12-10-12 10:30 AM
    If you have never changed it in the past, there are lists of default passwords on the internet. Commonly they are blank username and password 'admin' for Linksys, many others are admin:admin, user:user, or admin:12345.

To revert to the default password, you will have to hold down the reset button for 30-120 seconds which will remove ALL customisation, including WiFi SSIDs and encryption.
    actually i did change it in the past and i thought i wrote it down but when i entered the password i wrote down it didn't work... i guess i will have to resort to resetting the router.
    12-11-12 02:13 AM

it is stored in the router settings but in order for me to access those settings i would need the userID and password.
    12-11-12 02:17 AM
    There are web sites that will show you the default login / password for most routers.
    This is a good one.

192.168.2.1 is also a common default router IP.
    I'll have to look into that if i end up resetting the router...thanks.
    12-11-12 02:18 AM
    it is stored in the router settings but in order for me to access those settings i would need the userID and password.
    True - or plan in advance and call your isp and find out that info - or have them reset it, if possible.
    12-11-12 09:49 AM
    I have a TP-Link WR700N 150Mbps Wireless N Mini Pocket router. You just plug it in within range of your main router and it will relay the signal. It will do many other things as well such as act as a Hot Spot and a regular router. Pretty cheap - about $30, I think. D-Link make one too as I am sure do others. Generic name is Travel Router,.

Another thing I have done, is use my laptop as the wifi booster. Set it up 1/2 way to where you need signal and install Connectify. This is an amazing piece of free software. It receives a wifi signal, then retransmits it with new SSID and security. Especially useful in hotels etc where you may get just one log-in but want to connect several devices. It looks like just one device is logged in.
    12-11-12 03:10 PM
43 12