Hi I have just bought myself a playbook and I only have a wifi connection that you have to enter the browser to use. In the initial setup it doesn't allow this as you know and my phone plan only has 100mb of data and the update is around 300mb. Do you guys know any way around this or another way to do the setup?
    09-13-12 07:24 PM
    There should be an option to select hotspot setup or something similar in the screen where you select the wifi network.

Try swiping back to the wifi setup if you have gone past it.
    09-13-12 07:36 PM
    There are plenty of places out there where you can get free wifi without the data limit that you have on your plan. Try a coffee shop at a mall, or Tim Hortons, Starbucks, McDonalds etc. Your PlayBook will search for an available network and once you have that, you are good to go for your update and the rest of the setup. Welcome aboard and spread the word.
    Hgouck likes this.
    09-14-12 07:50 AM
    Hi I have just bought myself a playbook and I only have a wifi connection that you have to enter the browser to use. Do you guys know any way around this or another way to do the setup?
    Sounds as though you are at a hotel or motel. The local MacDonald's has free WiFi and some Burger King restaurants offer free WiFi that is accessible from outside the restaurant. As a piece of advice regardless which free WiFi you ultimately use to set-up your BlackBerry PlayBook make sure you change the BlackBerry ID password after you get back to where ever you are staying; the password change can be done on a desktop computer via the BlackBerry ID website, or on the tablet itself under the Settings menu (gear icon). Also, do not enter any payment form (credit card / PayPal) until you have changed the BlackBerry ID password. Remember anyone can sniff the traffic over an unencrypted free WiFi access point.
    Hgouck likes this.
    09-14-12 10:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD