- CrackBerry Newbie
- 2 Posts
When I access Settings/About/Network on my Playbook, there is no entry/description (nothing!) in the WiFi column/line!! (The "WiFi" is in a darker black however). Can someone explain there being no entry in this area? And is it an issue I need to resolve?
- CrackBerry Genius
12-19-12, 07:19 PM #2
- 2,554 Posts
Mine doesn't have anything listed either, but I don't think it means anything. Are you feeling like it should say/list something? Maybe it's just there to say "Hello! I'm using wifi!"? Anyway, try not to lose any sleep over it and welcome to Crackberry: Home of the BlackBerryaholocs Anonymous Club and full of heroes, damsels, champions, ghouls and trolls alike!
- 12-19-12, 08:36 PM #3
Well, in mine has IPv6, IPv4 and MAC Address. I find it very strange if it shows nothing. But if it's working then this is what really matters I guess.
EDIT. I am by no means a network wizard but I was wondering if your router has been set to hidden, maybe it also hides this kind of info from devices.
Last edited by dave_h_946; 12-19-12 at 09:09 PM.
- CrackBerry User
12-20-12, 05:15 AM #9
- 29 Posts
Thank you all for your responses/suggestions etc. I do,indeed,have entries such as ipv6 et al below the "highlighted" WiFi on the left of the pages! As suggested, there may be nothing to the right because it is simply a column/section Header or title?
This newbie thanks everyone for their input and assistance.
- By cgresq192 in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 4Last Post: 12-14-11, 01:46 PM
- By headshot in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 4Last Post: 12-18-09, 08:08 PM
- By MIKESTANG_SVT in forum BlackBerry Storm2Replies: 5Last Post: 11-18-09, 03:02 PM
- By MadsTolling in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 12-11-07, 02:37 AM
- By murray34 in forum IntroductionsReplies: 7Last Post: 06-04-07, 02:38 PM