Does anyone know if there is anyway to set default app behaviour? Specifically I want pdf reader to be the default when i open pdfs - but when I open them in Files and Folders or Smart Office 2 they open with the built in Adobe reader.
    05-24-12 07:13 AM
    No, unfortunately.
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    05-24-12 08:22 AM
    Not in the current PlayBook OS. Improvements have been announced for BB10.
    peter9477, Vorkosigan and Hgouck like this.
    05-24-12 09:08 AM
    You can't change default apps, But if you use the file browser Ghost Commander (free in app world) and navigate to the file you want to open, it will give you a choice of available programs to use to open the file.
    Vorkosigan and Mr_Bunny like this.
    05-24-12 12:40 PM
    You can't change default apps, But if you use the file browser Ghost Commander (free in app world) and navigate to the file you want to open, it will give you a choice of available programs to use to open the file.
    This morning I thought that I was offered an upgrade notice. But then it errored out. After that I see no update. My only appworld choice now is Delete. Are you aware of any new versions? What is the latest version.
    05-24-12 02:36 PM
    This morning I thought that I was offered an upgrade notice. But then it errored out. After that I see no update. My only appworld choice now is Delete. Are you aware of any new versions? What is the latest version.
    I had the same thing happen, it downloaded, installed and I got an error message half way through the install. Nevertheless My World in App World shows that I've got the latest version installed (1.41.1.2) even though Ghost itself shows that it's an earlier version. I'm just leaving well enough alone. It's working fine as is.
    05-24-12 03:20 PM
    Thanks. I didn't know that Ghost Commander would do that. I will check it out.

05-24-12 05:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD