When I setup my PlayBook 220.127.116.118 to sync with my Google Apps account, I get the following error in less than half a second after tapping the 'Continue' button:
I had this setup properly before and was working for several months until it just stopped syncing last week.
The server m.google.com for account (firstname.lastname@example.org) is not responding. The server name in your account settings might be incorrect, or the server might be temporarily offline. Check your settings to make sure the server name is correct and try again.
Things I have already tried:
2. Restored from backup.
3. Deleted and re-added account.
4. Enabled Google Sync for Users in my Google Apps account.
5. Disabled 2-way authentication and used normal password.
6. Enabled 2-way authentication and used application-specific password.
I have other devices where Google Apps works normally:
Description: Deer Creek
Username: michael or email@example.com (tried both)
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Password: tried normal password and app-specific password
Server Address: m.google.com (default)
Use SSL: ON
Sync Interval: greyed out
- MacBook Pro
- Nexus 7
- Bold 9900
- HTC Amaze
- HTC One S
- Windows 7 (real and virtual machines)