I see a few threads explaining how to do this on a BB - but I can't find the appropriate settings on the Playbook.

When sending email from the Playbook (Gmail account - default), can I tell it to use my own (domain) email address rather than the Gmail address ?

TIA

Terry
    09-18-12 10:34 AM
    When sending email from the native messages app on the PlayBook, you can choose which account to send it from by scrolling up to the "From" drop down menu and selecting the email account you want to send it from. Of course, this is providing that you have added the desired account to your PlayBook.

Hope this helps.
    09-18-12 10:54 AM
    I think the OP is referring to sending email with a different 'Sent From' alias.

I too want to send email from my Gmail account, but want the recipient to see that its been sent from my personal domain that is used for email forwarding.

e.g. send email from [email protected], but the recipient sees [email protected]
    09-18-12 11:31 AM
    GJHmf

Yes, exactly that - I explained it badly
    09-18-12 11:33 AM
    Why wouldn't you just send it from your own domain address instead?
    09-18-12 10:48 PM
    Perhaps I'm still explaining it badly.

My domain address is simply an address - there is no email hosting associated with it.

I send from my ISP email address using Outlook aliased to my own domain from my home PC. when using Gmail (from my phone or a normal browser on a laptop) has the option to "send mail as"

Is this option available on the Playbook ?
    09-19-12 01:49 AM
    Ahh, ok, now I get it. No.

At least not that I know of anyways, sorry I couldn't be more help.
    09-19-12 11:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD