Hey guys,

I have sold my 16GB playbook so i can fund my purchase of a new 64GB (picked up today - �116!), but i now want to reset it so my buyer can enjoy.

I know how to factory reset it but my question is will the preloaded apps still be on there after the reset? I mean things like the FB app and the pre loaded racing game?

Sorry its short but im on a night shift and losing the will to live

Thanks

Jamie
    09-27-12 07:11 PM
    They will all be there, but pictures and hd video will be gone.
    To keep those, you'll have to debrick. If you can afford the extra couple hours...
    jamiem1976 likes this.
    09-27-12 07:14 PM
    From memory the only HD video on there is that short trailer? Is it worth de-bricking and if so is there an idiots guide on how to do this?
    09-27-12 07:16 PM
    Plus, the racing game is not preloaded.
    jamiem1976 likes this.
    09-27-12 08:01 PM
    I thought it came with Asphalt and one other (sorry - my memory eludes me!)?
    09-27-12 08:05 PM
    Asphalt and Need for Speed are/were free downloads, but are not preloaded.
    jamiem1976 likes this.
    09-27-12 08:07 PM
    Ah ok, do you think its worth my while debricking or just factory resetting?
    09-27-12 08:08 PM
    Nfs was preloaded on mine. So was tetris.just got it tonight
    jamiem1976 likes this.
    09-27-12 08:33 PM
    To get it back to a like new state but with your data cleared from it, you need to do a security wipe and then a debrick.

Do the security wipe first and then run the setup. After it is setup, shut it down then do the debrick. To debrick, start desktop Manager on your computer and once it is running plug in the turned off PlayBook. The PlayBook will start to boot and the desktop software will ask you if you want to wait for it to boot or to repair. Choose repair. After it reboot from the debrick it will be at the setup again. Just hold the power button down for ten to fifteen seconds until the PlayBook shuts down. Then the new owner just has to press the power button, wait for it to boot and then go through the setup.
    Last edited by robsteve; 09-27-12 at 08:51 PM.
    jamiem1976 likes this.
    09-27-12 08:49 PM
    Plus, the racing game is not preloaded.
    Nfs was preloaded on mine. So was tetris.just got it tonight
    Both Tetris and NFS come preloaded BUT NFS will ask for an update as soon as the PB boots.

Ah ok, do you think its worth my while debricking or just factory resetting?
    Guide to debricking is on the signature. If it is worth it or not, I leave it up to you! All I know is I like having the stock wallpapers and demo video (yet they always get the sack on the handheld...).

To get it back to a like new state but with your data cleared from it, you need to do a security wipe and then a debrick.

Do the security wipe first and then run the setup. After it is setup, shut it down then do the debrick. To debrick, start desktop Manager on your computer and once it is running plug in the turned off PlayBook. The PlayBook will start to boot and the desktop software will ask you if you want to wait for it to boot or to repair. Choose repair. After it reboot from the debrick it will be at the setup again. Just hold the power button down for ten to fifteen seconds until the PlayBook shuts down. Then the new owner just has to press the power button, wait for it to boot and then go through the setup.
    No, not quite. A debrick will wipe the device so you don't really need to wipe before wiping...
    Last edited by diegonei; 09-27-12 at 09:56 PM.
    jamiem1976 likes this.
    09-27-12 09:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD