Subject line is pretty self-explanatory. I have tried searching for this but can't find anything current that's exactly on point.

I called BB today to ask them if I needed to do anything extra; they confirmed (by using the serial number) that the PB is registered to me (as I would expect). They told me that the new purchaser would need to call in and be able to give them the name under which the PB is currently registered (i.e. my name) in order to switch it over to them (the new purchaser).

Does this sound right to y'all?

My concern here is that I don't want to sell something that the new purchaser can't use and be perceived, even remotely, as trying to rip anyone off. (I haven't actually sold the PB yet but want to know EXACTLY what's involved before I list it.)

Any and all advice/experience gratefully received.

Thanks!
    12-16-13 09:21 AM
    Security Wipe should be good.

Personally I'd probably do a security wipe, and then reload the OS...

For your records, in case there are any issues - you might want to keep a copy of the PIN and Serial Numbers.

But your concern of,
    My concern here is that I don't want to sell something that the new purchaser can't use and be perceived, even remotely, as trying to rip anyone off. (I haven't actually sold the PB yet but want to know EXACTLY what's involved before I list it.)
    is a whole nother matter.... I guess you have to hope that the buyer has done their due diligence and know what they are buying. A three year old tablet that is EOL and is not going to see much in the way of updates or current applications.
    12-16-13 09:50 AM
    Well you want to clean it up as much as possible. Carefully wiping it down with alcohol to remove any dust or fingerprints, making sure to ONLY use small amounts AND wet the cloth used to clean the device NOT the device itself! You should include all the original packaging if you still have it as well as any accessories you have accumulated over the time you have owned the device. It is unlikely that any warranty remains on the device so I would not worry to much about transfer of warranty.
    12-16-13 09:56 AM
    when I sold both my PB's all I did was a wipe and re-install of the OS... then when the other person bought them they were good to go, they didn't need to do anything with BB. it just worked for them.
    12-16-13 09:59 AM
    When I sold my brothers Playbook last year, I just did a security wipe, and there were no problems when the next owner, had no problems using it at all.
    12-16-13 03:46 PM