Now I know I'll get a lot a basing/trolling telling me (yes your better off etc..), but I must with a sad heart depart with the wonderful tablet.

I've gotten close to this point before in my life, especially when OS 1 was still the only OS available last year, but my playbook got new life since OS 2 and I've upgraded without any problems (that many have/had) since I had my playbook.

I've recently updated to 2.1.840 (Beta) and everything works as should

I was also one of the first people to acquire one in South Africa before release date (got to love when you know where to look).

But my recent job relocation is situated right almost in the middle of now where (Lanseria International Airport). It used to be a small charter airport but has grown into bigger one but its still limited in communication on this side of the world. There is wifi service through some public wifi, but its very slow and usually dies out in the afternoons due to too much traffic on the radio links.

I barely have BIS service on my BlackBerry (9380 full touch) and cellular reception is also at a minimum on most cellular services.

I've started to notice that since I started working here and not running around like a headless chicken and needing to be mobile all the time like I did at my previous location (O.R Tambo International Airport).

Current fuel costs and moving expenses is also adding to my decision at the moment since driving to work and back is killing me and moving will be the best option in the long run.

So it with a sad heart that I'll have to part with this sweet little device, but unfortunately it's just sitting in its bag and not being used now. I'm not much of a gamer, so I rarely play games on it (I'm not able to buy any games that are of interest to me since my credit card don't work for overseas purchases and I don't have a paypal account, so I'm stuck in a rut on acquiring new applications for it as well at the moment. Who knows, maybe the future I'll acquire a 4LTE playbook (once we have proper LTE service in South Africa) and by that time BB10 will be out. But I'll probably go for the phone with BB10 rather than the tablet (since it fits my mobile needs more).
    Last edited by tobygeek; 08-17-12 at 04:38 AM.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    08-17-12 02:13 AM
    Gotta do what you gotta do...

Best wishes on your new job

Sent from a old but beautiful BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    tobygeek likes this.
    08-17-12 02:17 AM
    Ahh just keep it! If the airport is growing so rapidly maybe theyll improve their wifi situation.?.... Then again u can always tether it or just use it @ home. Do what u gotta do. (Thats what) BlackBerry People do. Best of luck.. Stay #TeamBlackBerry
    tobygeek likes this.
    08-17-12 03:40 AM
    Sorry, you're not allowed to advertise your personal sale outside of the Marketplace, and you don't meet the criteria for posting in that forum either.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/marketp...5-11-a-676066/
    rexrim and diegonei like this.
    08-17-12 03:56 AM
    Sorry, you're not allowed to advertise your personal sale outside of the Marketplace, and you don't meet the criteria for posting in that forum either.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/marketp...5-11-a-676066/
    Sorry Michelle, I wasn't aware of that. I wasn't trying to sell it here as I know this is not even local to my country. I was merely trying to state my situation and why I'll miss my playbook when I do sell it.
    Last edited by tobygeek; 08-17-12 at 04:22 AM.
    08-17-12 04:16 AM
    Listen! Put your Playbook up in a nice safe place. There will come a time in the future when it will become very useful again. I have gotten rid of many things based on my life circumstances at the moment and have regretted it later: Life changes all the time! Keep your Playbook.
    nextcity and tobygeek like this.
    08-17-12 04:54 AM
    With the prices on the new tablets you might just want to keep it.
    tobygeek likes this.
    08-17-12 06:12 AM
    Listen! Put your Playbook up in a nice safe place. There will come a time in the future when it will become very useful again. I have gotten rid of many things based on my life circumstances at the moment and have regretted it later: Life changes all the time! Keep your Playbook.
    I could not agree more. The PlayBook allows you to have a near desk-top like experience on a 7" tablet. In the not to distant future, this may be the only tablet for which this can still be said. I COUOLD NOT IMAGINE LIVING WITH JUST MY IPAD AND ANDROID TABLETS.
    tobygeek likes this.
    08-17-12 07:25 AM
    Just to update on this. I've considered to NOT sell my PlayBook

Even if it's not used at work as I once did at my previous work location, it WILL (I'll make sure of that!) get some well deserved gaming time (and from help form a friend with a PayPal account, I'll get some good apps/games, finally!).

I would have missed it too much. I've also managed to 'get some wifi connection' (don't ask and I'll tell no lies.. hehe) for using my PlayBook for browsing/BIS (Paired with my BlackBerry phone with the same 'wifi' too for decent BIS ) , oh as well as my MacBook . Guss if you 'really need to have internet access' you make a plan, if you know how

I've used an iPad before (for a couple of minutes and Android tablet and phone too and I will NOT buy either one for myself (for family/friends, that's their choice, not mine) and find the PlayBook's Android Player a lot more responsive (doesn't crash that often too).

So even if it's a struggle in the coming months to come, I will not part with my PlayBook. I've been a BlackBerry user for the past years and will remain one for a long time to come! Being a person who dabble's in information security myself, the PlayBook and BlackBerry phone itself is one of the best Security devices in the world.

I would rather have Android Applications run in a separate environment and not touch the main operating system itself than having an unsecured, rooted device exposing my privacy.
    Last edited by tobygeek; 08-17-12 at 12:13 PM.
    axeman1000 likes this.
    08-17-12 11:58 AM
    Welcome back before you'd gone.
    tobygeek likes this.
    08-17-12 12:34 PM
    Good call to keep PlayBook. If You lost interest in it put it away til OS 2.1 you might like it after that.
    08-17-12 12:42 PM
    also in SA and busy organising PB from Thr states as buying it here is way to expensive. maybe dumbass Q dont b to harsh if it is, but tobygeek when bridging to PB does BIS apply or is it required to have additional data the kind fokes at my service provider was clueless.

good choice on keeping it. played on all other tabs and loved the PB i had joy of playing with even if it was only for an hour

Sent from my BlackBerry 9500
    08-17-12 12:51 PM
    Good job on deciding to keep it. I am contemplating on selling my 64GB Wifi version also, but I am going to wait to see how BB10 is on the Playbook. At least wait for BB10 for playbook.
    08-17-12 07:26 PM
    Good call to keep PlayBook. If You lost interest in it put it away til OS 2.1 you might like it after that.
    You got it wrong.. I love it already, even when I had 2.0!
    I'm running OS 2.1.0.840 (Beta) so I know the strengths of 2.1 when its released. Yes with all beta's there's ups and downs, but with 2.1.0.840 it seems better than the .560 release (or the .668 one)
    08-18-12 04:28 AM
    also in SA and busy organising PB from Thr states as buying it here is way to expensive. maybe dumbass Q dont b to harsh if it is, but tobygeek when bridging to PB does BIS apply or is it required to have additional data the kind fokes at my service provider was clueless.

good choice on keeping it. played on all other tabs and loved the PB i had joy of playing with even if it was only for an hour

Sent from my BlackBerry 9500
    Hi Nogol,

Yes, when bridged, most of the apps (except App world that requires a wireless connection) works though BIS. I haven't found any apps so far that don't use my current BIS plan though my BlackBerry mobile phone.
    08-18-12 04:41 AM
    I have almost been in the same boat as you my friend i have came close too getting rid of the playbook but i just coulddnt do it. I love my playbook its everything and more that i want and need. Its great in my Opinion
    08-18-12 06:23 AM
    If it's a 64GB, I'll take it off your hands.
    08-18-12 09:45 AM
    Even without wifi the Playbook is still a gaming beast. Keep it for that reason alone.
    08-18-12 11:22 PM
    And don't forget, we will get BB10 OS on this thing for free, which is a perfect trial before jumping the gun for a BB10
    08-19-12 12:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD