Should I sell my playbook before time runs out? I know price has dropped and ebay just had a deal blowout where they were selling the 32gb for what I paid for my 16gb.
    On top of that after almost 2 months with this thing I don't care much about an Aol email app or the highlight of the updates being a facebook app. Clearly RIM does not get it anymore, atleast when it comes to playbook.
    Given the new releases of the other tablets around the corner, this is going to be paperweight given how dismal and slow RIM has been in providing the most basic things that should be in a tablet.
    I have limited money I earn and spend so should I sell a playbook and put some additional money to get something new or do I still have a bit more time to hang on to this and see useless software updates from RIM.
    06-11-11 09:30 AM
    Hang on to it dude. I'm no fan of "wait and see what the next update brings", but I do know the potential of this thing, and the hurdles that must be overcome to make it shine.

Last thing you want to do is sell it off, only to want it again in the near future.

max
    06-11-11 09:40 AM
    If you are ready to sell it already, then you probably shouldn't have bought it in the first place. A little ADHD?? A little buyer's remorse?

I don't know what you were expecting, but this tablet is great, in my opinion. Yes, it is new. It is not perfect, but its potential is huge. I think RIM does "get it" and is doing things to make the Playbook stand out in a newly flooded tablet market. Apps are being added daily. Bridge now works great with the latest update to the app. Improvements in the OS have already occurred with two updates and the Playbook hasn't been out two months yet.

Sometimes I think people have short memories. When the iPad was brought out, some of the discussion was that it really was nothing new, just the same OS in a different package. Not that it is a bad product or I am bashing it, but I remember reading articles that declared the iPad was "disappointing". Now that doesn't mean it wouldn't be a success because obviously it is. But it does highlight how personal expectations influence perception.

The question then is, if you are dissatisfied now, have you created in your mind a self-fulfilling prophecy that RIM doesn't and won't ever "get it" no matter what updates they do? If the answer to that is "yes", then sell your Playbook.

However, if you are willing to adjust your expectations to appreciate what the Playbook does, and if that does not meet your needs, then sell it.

But if you do see the possibilities and that RIM is actually responding quickly to enable the tablet to reach its potential, then keep it and grow with it.
    06-11-11 09:54 AM
    trolling anyone....
    mandony likes this.
    06-11-11 09:57 AM
    Should I sell my playbook.....
    I have limited money I earn and spend so should I sell a playbook and put some additional money to get something new or do I still have a bit more time to hang on to this and see useless software updates from RIM.
    The truth comes out
    The troll either never bought the PB because he does not have the money, or he was irresponsible to buy something he could not afford.

The OP should sell it at any price at any time.
    06-11-11 10:13 AM
    I say sell it. And close your Crackberry account on your way out!
    lnichols, Cynn and guerllamo7 like this.
    06-11-11 10:42 AM
    I don't understand why people can't decide on their own whether they should sell the thing or not.

Anyways, if you're disappointed with the Playbook after buying it, it's your own fault. There were enough reviews and RIM gave out enough info, all before the Playbook was launched, that you knew exactly what you were getting when you bought it. RIM has always stated "summer" as their timeframe for the major Playbook updates(Android support, native email etc.) so that's anywhere between June 21 to September 23.
    travaz likes this.
    06-11-11 11:32 AM
    yeah. summer.
    so this thing will have to sit until then, ive lost my patience with updates that make it more frustrating to use.
    why is bridge so %&{��| un stable? this is horrible, it keeps showing me the lock icon when my bb is in strong signal areas. im only wanting to read my email and not do bit torrent downloads via bluetooth. come on, rim, make it work like on the propaganda ads.
    06-11-11 11:37 AM
    Sell it cheap to me!
    06-11-11 11:39 AM
    If you have limited money why spend it on a Playbook and not take care of your everyday needs. We all have bills but we all have to be responsible on how we spend our money. To be honest, I'm inclined to believe and agree with mandony either you don't have one or you were irresponsible in buying something you really couldn't afford in the first place.
    06-11-11 11:43 AM
    yeah. summer.
    so this thing will have to sit until then, ive lost my patience with updates that make it more frustrating to use.
    why is bridge so %&{��| un stable? this is horrible, it keeps showing me the lock icon when my bb is in strong signal areas. im only wanting to read my email and not do bit torrent downloads via bluetooth. come on, rim, make it work like on the propaganda ads.
    The bridge has been pretty stable for me.
    06-11-11 11:44 AM
    make me an offer, kbz1960. 32g, desk charger, zipper case and screen protector.
    06-11-11 11:51 AM
    Should I sell my playbook before time runs out? I know price has dropped and ebay just had a deal blowout where they were selling the 32gb for what I paid for my 16gb.
    On top of that after almost 2 months with this thing I don't care much about an Aol email app or the highlight of the updates being a facebook app. Clearly RIM does not get it anymore, atleast when it comes to playbook.
    Given the new releases of the other tablets around the corner, this is going to be paperweight given how dismal and slow RIM has been in providing the most basic things that should be in a tablet.
    You obviously don't like PlayBook. If you have limited money to spend, you shouldn't be worrying about which tablet to get. Sell it and then save your money.

You are asking for advice, right?
    06-11-11 01:23 PM
    Last thing you want to do is sell it off, only to want it again in the near future.

max
    That is the exact dilemma I am facing. Currently I do not see ANY tablet in the market that to me is better than the playbook. If I sell it and then find out that the toshiba or they sony s2 or the hp touchpad does that same thing i.e. promise a lot and not deliver then I'll lament selling the playbook. Problem is by the time the newer ones come out it might be too late for me to sell.

I just wonder if RIM came out with the device a bit early rather than actually delivering what was needed and now its not clear how much more we are going to get on this device.
    06-11-11 01:34 PM
    I'll give you $50.00 right now.
    06-11-11 01:38 PM
    For what its worth. i just played with a pb for a week, . for those that say wait, it will get better, i dont buy a product based on potential. rather what it can do now. i do use a 9700 day to day and serves my purpose greater than any other device i have owned, but for a tablet the pb is less than desired. better options out there, if your gut is to sell it. go ahead as you can always pick something else up, more than likely better.
    06-11-11 01:42 PM
    I dont get it. Why do people get so upset when they knew ahead of time they were early adopters to a device with 1.0 software.

Maybe people here will learn from now on, if you cant stand an unfinished product, do your homework and make sure it has what you want/need NOW. You should never buy ANY product based on features you hope will come. Some people do enjoy being early adopters and like watching products grow.

I dont feel bad at all for anyone upset about buying this. All the info was out there. Blame yourself for lack of research.

If more people would wait and buy what they could be happy with instead of buying the first thing to come out, maybe some weak early sales would force more companies to finish products before release.
    06-11-11 01:46 PM
    yeah. summer.
    Do you have a password on your phone? The lock icon means you have to type it in, I think. I am looking forward to seeing a lot of good Playbook deals on Ebay from the impatient and technologically illiterate- who really should have just followed the crowd an bought an iPad. This platform is awesome and every update has been a large improvement and bites off a little more of the promise. It is very useful just as it is (after the last update at least) prior to that I agree it was very frustrating. Sell it to me.
    06-11-11 01:59 PM

I dont feel bad at all for anyone upset about buying this. All the info was out there. Blame yourself for lack of research.
    Kindle for playbook was announced in september 2010...where is it?
    QNX was supposed to run Android apps...where is it?
    It is supposed to have/add native email,pim etc not that it is important to me.....but where is it?

Instead we get aol and facebook app.....really!!!

I don't want go go on and on. But all info out there was pointing to playbook having these...so there is a huge difference between what info was out there vs what we got.
    06-11-11 02:00 PM
    Do you have a password on your phone? The lock icon means you have to type it in, I think. I am looking forward to seeing a lot of good Playbook deals on Ebay from the impatient and technologically illiterate- who really should have just followed the crowd an bought an iPad. This platform is awesome and every update has been a large improvement and bites off a little more of the promise. It is very useful just as it is (after the last update at least) prior to that I agree it was very frustrating. Sell it to me.
    Let me know how to use bridge browser with 9780 on bes and I'll keep it forever.
    06-11-11 02:02 PM
    If you require help from anyone to tell you you didn't need to buy this and that there is nothing and no one twisting your arm to hold on to it, post it on eBay and be done with it! Stop whinning!
    06-11-11 02:07 PM
    Kindle for playbook was announced in september 2010...where is it?
    QNX was supposed to run Android apps...where is it?
    It is supposed to have/add native email,pim etc not that it is important to me.....but where is it?

Instead we get aol and facebook app.....really!!!

I don't want go go on and on. But all info out there was pointing to playbook having these...so there is a huge difference between what info was out there vs what we got.
    none of this was said to be there at launch. If you did enough homework to find those things out, its your own fault for buying this and being upset they are not here before RIM said they would be available.

seriously, at this point, you have no one to blame but yourself. If nothing is changed by like Sept., yeah, blame RIM.

Edit: Why are we blaming RIM for Kindles App??
    Last edited by Blacklac; 06-11-11 at 02:15 PM.
    06-11-11 02:07 PM
    Let me know how to use bridge browser with 9780 on bes and I'll keep it forever.
    I use a 9780 and till recently whenever i needed to surf i used to tether while surfing cause the bridge browser was really slow but after the recent update both to the pb os and bridge software the bridge has been working like a dream. the bridge browser is really fast. the connection hardly disconnects and seamlessly reconnects when back in range. so i guess thats not a problem now is it???????
    06-11-11 02:27 PM
    I don't know man I don't have one - but make sure you have the bridge app update on your phone - 1.0.0.93 I believe - it makes a big difference - also upgrade the OS on your Playbook. Then get rid of the thing if all you can do is whine about it. We don't need that here, neither does RIM.
    06-11-11 03:16 PM
    I have noticed that the whiners are the ones that are too lazy to do their own research... just sayin...
    06-11-11 03:18 PM
88 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD