Was having all kinds of small annoyances and since I had upgraded to 2.0 from a long used 1.0.8 with lots of sideloads add/remove, I decided it was time to wipe the poor thing.

From the moment I got my PB (1.0.7, then 1.0.8) up until I upgraded to 2.0, I couldn't get past 1.2Mb/s on (local) wifi transfer.

So yesterday after the security wipe/2.0 update, I start putting back my medias on the PB and what do I see, local wifi transfer rate 4 times faster than before.

On a 500mb files, it was transfering at a cosntant 5.45Mb/s.

I didn't change ANYTHING on the router side.

If it can help anyone with similar issue...

Cheers!
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    03-08-12 08:02 AM
    Good post. Thanks.
    03-08-12 08:03 AM
    Good to hear. I just wiped mine again last night and have only updated the default apps that needed it and added my email to see if I am going to still have more browser crashes than I had on 1.8 which I haven't had a ton of them but still enough to annoy me some days. I am also staying in default mode for awhile before I go to showcase.

I was thinking about the last time I did a debrick after running thru the setup it was asking for my old password and I figured maybe it kept it for whatever reason. After having some more poofs going on I wiped it and the strange thing I saw this time was after the setup when the home screen first comes up I saw 23 messages in the top corner but it went away right away. Makes me wonder if old stuff isn't still hanging around.

Will try the transfer speeds in a couple days.
    03-08-12 08:16 AM
    After having some more poofs going on I wiped it and the strange thing I saw this time was after the setup when the home screen first comes up I saw 23 messages in the top corner but it went away right away. Makes me wonder if old stuff isn't still hanging around.
    Without any accounts setup? Wow... that is weird, I didn't see that happening on my end after the wipe. I had 4 accounts.

I just made another local wifi transfer test, from PB to PC this time, better than before (avg 2.2Mb/s) but not as fast as from PC to PB (avg 5Mb/s).
    03-08-12 08:37 AM
    Without any accounts setup? Wow... that is weird, I didn't see that happening on my end after the wipe. I had 4 accounts.

I just made another local wifi transfer test, from PB to PC this time, better than before (avg 2.2Mb/s) but not as fast as from PC to PB (avg 5Mb/s).
    Yes I had one account setup before wiping. And if I wasn't paying much attention I probably wouldn't have seen it. It was immediately after finishing the setup when the home screen comes on for the first time. So far I haven't had any trouble but now Murphys law is going to get me.
    03-08-12 08:49 AM
    Was having all kinds of small annoyances and since I had upgraded to 2.0 from a long used 1.0.8 with lots of sideloads add/remove, I decided it was time to wipe the poor thing.

From the moment I got my PB (1.0.7, then 1.0.8) up until I upgraded to 2.0, I couldn't get past 1.2Mb/s on (local) wifi transfer.

So yesterday after the security wipe/2.0 update, I start putting back my medias on the PB and what do I see, local wifi transfer rate 4 times faster than before.

On a 500mb files, it was transfering at a cosntant 5.45Mb/s.

I didn't change ANYTHING on the router side.

If it can help anyone with similar issue...

Cheers!
    How can you see what the transfer rate is?
    03-08-12 08:58 AM
    How can you see what the transfer rate is?
    (Using Windows 7), the PB appears as a drive in Windows Explorer, so I just copy a file from a PC folder, then paste it under one of the PB folders.
    Then when the copy/paste status window appears, click "More information", it tells you the transfer speed.

If you're using Windows XP, you may try TeraCopy.

If you're on a MAC or Linux, I can't help, sorry!
    03-08-12 09:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD