Had the PB for a week now, and i'm getting on great with it. i no longer use the wife's ipad, and rarely use the PC. However because i now use it for banking shopping online and surfing the web do i need any security or anti- virus software? Is it as secure as everyone says or do i need to protect this great big of kit from outside interference?
    01-16-12 08:15 AM
    Haven't heard of an anti virus app for the PB, probably because it isn't needed.
    01-16-12 08:21 AM
    There will eventually be anti-malware apps for the PlayBook whether needed or not.

There have been some security related issues in the news, but no viruses or worms or trojans.

My opinion is you will be ok if you stick to best practices. In particular, be cautious what you install and use good judgment. So far there is nothing malicious that is going to get on the PlayBook unless you put it there.

Also, use secure wifi. Don't do sensitive stuff over public wifi.
    bbfan1040, kennyliu and WAJ1 like this.
    01-16-12 08:29 AM
    Ok...

- Apps must be approved by RIM before they go into AppWorld. RIM loves security. AppWorld apps are therefore safe;

- QNX is a new OS and there are no viruses for it yet;

- Sideloded apps may have faul code, beware of what you sideload to your device;

- Android apps aren't exaclty the safest of all, but they should be locked safe within the player;

So all things considered, unless you browse unsafe sites and sideload every single app you find around without checking its origins, you should be ok.
    kennyliu, WAJ1 and bbfan1040 like this.
    01-16-12 08:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD