I bought my 64gb Playbook on day one and I love it. I use it every single day. Of course I paid top dollar for it and now I am seeing the same unit for $299. I am wondering if there is anyone that has 2 Playbooks? I am not sure I need 2, but at this price I almost can't resist.

Any advice?
    01-17-12 03:29 PM
    I bought a second one as a backup just a couple of weeks ago from SBB. $300 for 64 gb is a no brainer.
    01-17-12 03:33 PM
    I've been going back a forth on this. I suppose I can make one of them my home entertainment PB and keep it connected to the big screen. I just can't shake the feeling that I would regret not getting one at such a good price.
    01-17-12 03:43 PM
    Oh Yeah, i have 2 x 64 Gb PB,s. both bought on sale.Go for It. You will not regret it.
    Last edited by Goldwing07; 01-17-12 at 04:56 PM.
    01-17-12 04:03 PM
    I don't see a reason to get another one. Don't forget it comes with a warranty from RIM, so if it breaks in that time you can send it in for repair or exchange. You can back up the contents of your PB on your computer and/or re download any apps.

If it breaks after the warranty period, there will likely be other tablets available at that point which have attractive features. If RIM somehow stays in the tablet business you may be tempted to get the new version anyway.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-17-12 04:08 PM
    see my signature. One is my constant companion, and the other is waiting for OS 2, then one will be regulated to my Ridgeline to kill time when I need. (Which I think I will)

c
    01-17-12 04:09 PM
    oh yeah you need two. i just bought a second one to have. we are going to mexico on a trip so i am going to take one with me so we can video chat with the family back home. and i think once the os2 comes out we will find many more uses. i love my playbooks
    01-17-12 05:47 PM
    i am trying to budget for #2 now.
    01-17-12 08:36 PM
    I don't see a reason to get another one. Don't forget it comes with a warranty from RIM, so if it breaks in that time you can send it in for repair or exchange. You can back up the contents of your PB on your computer and/or re download any apps.

If it breaks after the warranty period, there will likely be other tablets available at that point which have attractive features. If RIM somehow stays in the tablet business you may be tempted to get the new version anyway.
    You make some good points. But I keep thinking it is like those "personal radios" we use when hiking/climbing. You need two so if a friend does not have one, you need to provide a second. Maybe the pb is similar.
    01-17-12 09:35 PM
    I have 2 now... hoping my son will stop being a webhead.. THEN I just MIGHT think about giving it to him...
    01-17-12 09:39 PM
    Giving one to my son tomorrow for his birthday; he likes to play with my PB more that his DS which recently broke. Played with it the other night while setting it up, had never used the Video Chat, that was fun.
    blue-b likes this.
    01-17-12 09:49 PM
    Oh Yeah, i have 2 x 64 Gb PB,s. both bought on sale.Go for It. You will not regret it.
    Okay, I officially stand before you and admit to being a BlackBerry PlayBook addict.

2X16GB, 2X32GB, 1x64GB

In my defence my primary professional-use tablet is 16GB bridged to my BlackBerry smartphone, while my entertainment tablet is 32GB. The other 16GB tablet is a standby professional-use tablet in the event my primary professional-use tablet requires servicing. The secondary 32GB and sole 64GB tablets were bought at heavily discounted prices and as my academic and professional needs evolve these tablets provide sufficient forward planning. Do not ask about my BlackBerry smartphone collection though admittedly most were purchased for research use.
    01-17-12 09:55 PM
    Okay, I officially stand before you and admit to being a BlackBerry PlayBook addict.

2X16GB, 2X32GB, 1x64GB

In my defence my primary professional-use tablet is 16GB bridged to my BlackBerry smartphone, while my entertainment tablet is 32GB. The other 16GB tablet is a standby professional-use tablet in the event my primary professional-use tablet requires servicing. The secondary 32GB and sole 64GB tablets were bought at heavily discounted prices and as my academic and professional needs evolve these tablets provide sufficient forward planning. Do not ask about my BlackBerry smartphone collection though admittedly most were purchased for research use.
    Awesome. I thought I might be the last person in the world with a 'Berry addiction. I love my PlayBook so much I use it when my quad-core 16gb RAM triple 1080p monitor desktop computer is right in front of me.
    01-17-12 11:29 PM
    if anything i would resell my first playbook with all the gadgets you got to go with it to make some sort of profit and i guess repurchase it for the lower price....??

i'm not sure if that makes ANY sense at all but at least you'd have a brand new playbook
    01-18-12 09:54 AM
    i have 3 PlayBooks.

2x32GB
    1x16GB

i use the 32GBs primarily for work and work related things. the 16GB is used for app testing.
    01-18-12 10:14 AM
    I've bought 5 of them so far. My first 32GB I sold after I bought a 64GB. Then I bought two 16GB models for my daughters and myself a second 64GB as a backup that my girlfriend can use.

Because of my love for and demonstrations of my Playbook, I've also directly caused 5 additional ones to be purchased.

I also have a rooted Nook Color that I seldom use and I bought a Kindle Fire to test, but am now sending it back. I would go days without even touching it. If I had time to do much reading, maybe it would be different, but otherwise, don't see much reason to own an Amazon Vending Machine.
    01-18-12 04:55 PM
    rationalize with yourself that youre getting it as a gift. then, when you get it... do one of two things:

1) get it in your hand, and give-in and keep it.

or

2) decide it was a mistake and giveit to someone as a lovely present. vday is around the corner
    01-18-12 04:59 PM
    Have 4. Love um. Have had great luck with all of them. They hold up well under lots of abuse.
    01-18-12 05:20 PM
    1x32GB and 4x64GB. Three 64GB are for use within my department given them to my team members. The other two are for me and my wife. None of them has any issues such as dead pixel, backup, and alike being said throughout the forum.

I am very happy with my luck so far.
    01-18-12 05:38 PM
    2 16gb and thinking about a 64gb before the $299 sale ends. But aren't you guys investing too much in a generation of technology that's changing faster and faster? In 2 years your Playbook collection might start to look like museum pieces.
    Last edited by RF8655; 01-18-12 at 08:34 PM.
    01-18-12 08:31 PM
    have 2, 16G I bought in April currently running the OS2 beta and a 64G I bought during the Black Friday sales with OS 1.0.8.

Take the 16G to work every day and bridge it to my Torch 9810, load Android .bar apps, use it for service call work and general Playbook experimentation. Currently heavily using RDP Enterprise, Connectbot Telnet app, and recently playing with A2DP streaming to my digital player piano project.

64G stays at home and has movies, books, music & games loaded. Stream online video through the HDMI port to my theatre projector, read before bedtime, surf the internets, etc.

It's nice running the two different OS versions, and using them for completely different applications. Plus I can share accessories & charging docks when I need to, and loan one out to my wife for when she's on business travel.

A really nice feature is logging onto my App World account with each unit and downloading all my apps to each PB, free and paid. It knows what is installed and uninstalled on each unit and allows me to install what is currently not on the unit. Very cool
    01-18-12 08:59 PM
    I've been going back a forth on this. I suppose I can make one of them my home entertainment PB and keep it connected to the big screen. I just can't shake the feeling that I would regret not getting one at such a good price.
    This is actually the exact same idea I've been tossing around. I was thinking of hooking another up over HDMI with a bluetooth keyboard/mouse combo and using it as a HTPC. Unfortunately, I don't "need" this capability and doubt I would use it all that much.

Think I'm going to wait for Playbook 2 (no, I don't know when they're coming out nor have heard any rumors that they are - don't ask! ) before I do this.
    01-18-12 09:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD