Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By bbqkid8
  • 2 Post By SearsCanada
  • 1 Post By rcheung135
  • 1 Post By nomi34
  • 2 Post By SumthinNew
  • 1 Post By elchavodellethbridge
  • 1 Post By si_chindo
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Sears Canada - Never shop there again

To say I am upset would be an understatement. On September 29/11 I ordered and paid for a 16 GB and an 32 GB Blackberry Playbooks with leather cases at the sale prices. These were listed as in stock.

I received the cases but not the Playbooks. I just received a message from Sears stating that they were unable to obtain the items and were cancelling my order. Now, let me state that they are still selling them online. They have had my $800 for nearly a month now.

I am very annoyed. Now I if I still want these 2 playbooks (and I do) I will have to pay full price for them somewhere else.

I have contacted Sears and expressed my opinion of their less than honest business practices. Waiting to hear back from them. I will never deal with Sears again if they do not send me the items I have ordered.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    671 Global Posts

Sorry to hear. Hopefully you get compensated somehow in addition to getting your Playbooks.

I bought my Playbook from Sears at launch and got a free screen protector (didn't know they were even giving them away), but I purchased in-store rather than online.
    chuot likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Source

Source is still selling playbook 16 32 64 @ 200.00 off.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Response from Sears Canada

Hi Bisboxer,

This is Lizzie from Sears Canada. We are so sorry to hear that your Playbook order was canceled. We do have inventory and we would be happy to fulfill your order. Please email your contact information to facebook@sears.ca so I can help you.

Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience

kind regards,
    Lizzie
    KRol and sapperuk like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask/PM me

I had a really ****ty experience with a customer representative and manager recently this month because they wouldn't honour their advertised deal for $249.99 if a case was purchased with it.

Ended up ranting on a shopping forum and PM'd the deal with an extra $30 off at staples. I've sworn Sears will NEVER get my business again for anything again.
    Nokia 5100 > Nokia 3390 > Motorola T720i > Siemens M55 > Sony Ericsson k700i > Nokia N73 > BB Pearl 8110 > BB 9000 > BB 9700 > BB 9900
    PB 16GB
    Bisboxer likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I've had the worst experience with Sears Canada customer service. The funny thing is (well, not funny at the time), I couldn't get anywhere with the CSR on the phone, and asked to speak to a manager/supervisor. She answered that there is no supervisor, and I can write a letter to the president of the company. So, I paused for a moment, asked "So there is no management between you and the president of the company?" and she said "Yes". Okay....
    ~ Spare Time App Developer ~
    (My PlayBook Apps: e-Mmanuel+ Bible Reader, e-Mmanuel Audio Bible, Business Analysis Toolbox, RiskASSIST, StakeholdersASSIST)
    See e-Mmanuel+ FaceBook Page for latest app news!
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Bisboxer View Post
    To say I am upset would be an understatement. On September 29/11 I ordered and paid for a 16 GB and an 32 GB Blackberry Playbooks with leather cases at the sale prices. These were listed as in stock.

I received the cases but not the Playbooks. I just received a message from Sears stating that they were unable to obtain the items and were cancelling my order. Now, let me state that they are still selling them online. They have had my $800 for nearly a month now.

I am very annoyed. Now I if I still want these 2 playbooks (and I do) I will have to pay full price for them somewhere else.

I have contacted Sears and expressed my opinion of their less than honest business practices. Waiting to hear back from them. I will never deal with Sears again if they do not send me the items I have ordered.
    Soudns like a good excuse for a twitter rage campaign
    CrackBerry Abuser

Hey Bisboxer, did you contact Sears? Was that SearCanada post for real? What happened?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Default Sears.....never again

Yes I contacted them, twice. They have refunded my money and I am returning the 2 cases. Their response to me was that when I ordered their supplier had promised a supply but were unable to fulfil the order so Sears had to cancel. I asked why they were still being sold on their website and was not given an answer. I asked to speak with a manager and/or customer service person and got the run around. They are supposed to be putting my info and emails in a file and I am supposed to hear from them some time in the future.

I am not at all pleased with the run around and the way they have handled this whole thing. If they don't want to do business with me on this occassion then they don't need to worry about dealing with me in future. I have also contacted the Better Business Bureau.

I will but my playbooks elsewhere. Won't be shopping at Sears again.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by pelletizer View Post
    Source is still selling playbook 16 32 64 @ 200.00 off.
    Yes, that was the offer last week.....good until October 31/11. But when I checked their website today, just to double check, it said that the PlayBook is full price plus a $200 giftcard.

I am going to check the Source tomorrow, but I am not going to pay full price. I don't need a $200 giftcard.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

Default Further info

As many of you know Sears Canada had the Blackberry playbook with case listed on their website for $200 off . This is during the time that most other places were selling it at the same cost or even less.

I ordered 2 playbooks with cases from Sears. A 16gb and a 32 gb. Totalling $795.00 with taxes. The 2 cases came fairly quickly. Then 3 1/2 weeks lated I got an email telling me status was changed. When I contacted them about this I was told that the supplier could not fill the order and therefore they were cancelling my order. A few days later I was refunded on my credit card but of course the cost of the cases was not refunded.

After futher contact with customer service I am now told that it was a pricing error and they of course could not sell something below their cost.

I will be returning the cases to them, and if/when I do purchase playbooks it certainly will not be from SEARS. In fact I will not deal with a company that is less than honest with consumers. It isn't about the money, they are still selling BB Playbooks online but are now offering a $200 cash card that must be spent in the store. Sorry Sears, I won't be spending any money in your store ever again.
    Here is a quote from their latest email to me

>>>We are sorry we have disappointed you and apologize we cannot provide you with the item at a price that is below our cost.<<<<<<
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask/PM me

Quote Originally Posted by Bisboxer View Post
    As many of you know Sears Canada had the Blackberry playbook with case listed on their website for $200 off . This is during the time that most other places were selling it at the same cost or even less.

I ordered 2 playbooks with cases from Sears. A 16gb and a 32 gb. Totalling $795.00 with taxes. The 2 cases came fairly quickly. Then 3 1/2 weeks lated I got an email telling me status was changed. When I contacted them about this I was told that the supplier could not fill the order and therefore they were cancelling my order. A few days later I was refunded on my credit card but of course the cost of the cases was not refunded.

After futher contact with customer service I am now told that it was a pricing error and they of course could not sell something below their cost.

I will be returning the cases to them, and if/when I do purchase playbooks it certainly will not be from SEARS. In fact I will not deal with a company that is less than honest with consumers. It isn't about the money, they are still selling BB Playbooks online but are now offering a $200 cash card that must be spent in the store. Sorry Sears, I won't be spending any money in your store ever again.
    Here is a quote from their latest email to me

>>>We are sorry we have disappointed you and apologize we cannot provide you with the item at a price that is below our cost.<<<<<<
    Sears has to be the ****tiest places to buy electronics, IMO. Some people say one can't blame them, since they sell home stuffs more than tablets.
    Nokia 5100 > Nokia 3390 > Motorola T720i > Siemens M55 > Sony Ericsson k700i > Nokia N73 > BB Pearl 8110 > BB 9000 > BB 9700 > BB 9900
    PB 16GB
    CrackBerry Abuser

Ouch! Sears really screwed up! Wow, one would think they would honor "their" price. Sorry to hear about this.

I never was a fan of Simpson Sears. I mean Sears.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crunch27 View Post
    Yes, that was the offer last week.....good until October 31/11. But when I checked their website today, just to double check, it said that the PlayBook is full price plus a $200 giftcard.

I am going to check the Source tomorrow, but I am not going to pay full price. I don't need a $200 giftcard.
    I have verified your claim and the CAD200.00 discount has been replaced by a CAD200 gift card. Could this be due to a change imposed by Research In (Slow) Motion?

From the website of The Source:
    "$499.99 BLACKBERRY® 16GB PLAYBOOK $200 GIFT CARD WITH PURCHASE!!"

In my opinion the discounted pricing should have continued at all vendors for the BlackBerry PlayBook until the actual release of BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet Operating System 2.0.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Costco

I was Costco yesterday and they still have the discount. I am sorry to hear about Sears - I used to work there in my teenage years.

I know Costco isn't a perfect solutiong given the membership requirements and such BUT if you are in in Calgary PM me and I'll get you in

Good luck man!
    blemoon42 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

Default Sears rep....posting above.

I responded to the SEars rep that posted earlier in this thread. No response.

I have contated the Better Business Bureau about this. It must be illiegal to advertise and sell and then not deliver. Yes they have now returned my money, but now I am unable to purchase the playbooks at the sale price that was available other places when I placed the order.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    621 Global Posts

Too bad that they failed to provide proper customer service.
    To the so called Sears rep, that specifically signed on with her 1 lame post to try and rectify the Op's troubles...Try harder next time.
    Send Again and Bisboxer like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I hear about Sears doing that to a guy who bought a washer and dryer set online. I guess the price was a couple of hundred dollars less than it should have been. Rather than honor the price they shafted him.
    Bisboxer likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

I read about a couple instances of where some car dealership wouldn't honour a winning bidder's price because it was below the dealer's cost. The guy started a huge online tantrum and the dealership eventually honored the deal and threw in some extras.

Perhaps you should do that....and never shop there again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Bisboxer likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #20  

Closest Costco to me is 2 hours away and they do not have Playbooks, nor can I find them at Costco online.

I do see that tomorrow is the last day that Staples has them at regular price with $200 gift card. I never have a problem spending money in Staples so might just go that route, or, I have been watching a couple on Ebay.ca. Shipping from the US is costly what with duties etc, so will shop in Canada only.

Thanks so much for your offer. I love Calgary.