Screen Saver Timeout on Playbook (ie use as kiosk
I have a requirement where I have a playbook surf to a site, and then remain there for an indefinite timeframe, displaying various data, and polls. The site works quite well, but the playbook has a built in timeout of 5minutes, at which point the screen powers down. I am looking for an app/setting that could turn the playbook into a kiosk mode. Or other options to disable/overright the screen timeout. Either an app, an O/S hack, anything to keep the screen & brower alive.
Any suggestions would be appreciated..
- CrackBerry User
01-21-13, 07:15 PM #3
- 11 Posts
You should checkout Simple browser (free or there is a plus version)....in the description they explain that, as long as your PB is in showcase mode, simple browser will suspend the standby action of the screen, which I think is what you are trying to do.Proud of my BB9900 + Playbook 32 gb & 16 gb
- CrackBerry Abuser
01-23-13, 09:11 AM #5
- 156 Posts
I think you may be out of luck as the PB will remain awake only if a movie is playing. Other non-browser apps require focus to keep the PB alive so they can be only helpful if you can read the text from the adjacent browser being minimized.
I really cannot understand RIM's continued shortsightedness in not having a "on while plugged-in" setting, or similar.
- 02-25-13, 12:48 PM #7
I need a kiosk browser for Playbook like the android app called Pronestor or Kiosk app. These apps prevent the screen from pinching and zooming.
I cant seem to find an app like this for the Playbook. Not sure there is one. Does anyone know if there is an app or setting that will do this? Thanks.
- By downphoenix in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 7Last Post: 11-10-12, 12:46 AM
- By ArdbegBold in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 0Last Post: 04-26-12, 04:13 AM
- By docsmody in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 1Last Post: 09-21-10, 05:09 PM
- By docsmody in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-21-10, 05:09 PM
- By skz in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 2Last Post: 10-05-09, 03:54 AM