Hi everyone ,

I am just about to pull the trigger on a 32 gig playbook and was wondering how many of you use a screen protector and whether or not those who don't wish they had

Peter
    09-20-11 03:45 AM
    I bought one from CB Store, took it off within a week. Made the screen blury which made my eyes hurt.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-11 03:49 AM
    Thanks for the rapid response, have you noticed any scratches or marks on the screen since you removed the protector as i am paranoid lol

Peter
    09-20-11 04:14 AM
    i still keep mine to avoid any scratching on the screen...
    09-20-11 05:04 AM
    Hey I need to buy one too can you put the link from the crackberry store the one that you buy

09-20-11 06:08 AM
    Yes, Ghost Armor Screen protector works great!
    principal likes this.
    09-20-11 06:17 AM
    i use one on mine from an unknown Chinese brand. bought it here for 10$. what's great about my protector is that it's scratch proof! i have same brand on my bb for 3 years and still no sign of scratch eventbough the housing's color has faded and the chrome border is already full of scratches.
    stesyl likes this.
    09-20-11 06:25 AM
    The protector not only protects the screen from accidental scratches, it also protects from "cleaning" scratches. I've also found it easier to swipe (doesn't get sticky). Bottom line: DON'T TAKE ANY CHANCES!
    09-20-11 06:28 AM
    Essentially its really up to you,
    I know the first day I picked up my Playbook I bought a case and screen protector, and put both of them on the second I got home and opened the box!

So when it comes to your question I recommend you pick up a screen protector, but hey if your going to spend $700 on a tablet you will probably take everywhere and your one of those people who doesn't care by all means don't get a screen protector, while your at it don't get a protective case either
    09-20-11 06:31 AM
    The protector not only protects the screen from accidental scratches, it also protects from "cleaning" scratches. I've also found it easier to swipe (doesn't get sticky). Bottom line: DON'T TAKE ANY CHANCES!
    Finally someone who acknowledges this issue!
    OP if you clean your screen enough with the microfiber cloth you will eventually start to see very fine scratches/swirls on your screen, just another reason to get a screen protector!
    09-20-11 06:36 AM
    Which one doesn't make the screen bury then?

It made a huge difference to the 'rez' of the screen! Picture quality is amazing to put a bury film over it spoiled the screen.

stesyl likes this.
    09-20-11 06:52 AM
    Hi everyone ,

I am just about to pull the trigger on a 32 gig playbook and was wondering how many of you use a screen protector and whether or not those who don't wish they had

Peter
    I bought a screen protector for two reasons: 1. protect the screen from fingerprints and smudges (easier to clean and the protector can always be replaced), and 2. reduce glare from screen in certain lighting situations and/or angles. Well worth the investment to protect the tablet screen though do not expect it to protect the screen from breakage; that is what those Otter cases are designed to do.
    09-20-11 07:35 AM
    I don't use one. I buy things to use them and not baby them. It probably is a good idea but I like naked. If all you're worried about is resale then by all means get one. I guess I've been careful enough that I don't have any scratches.
    09-20-11 07:37 AM
    I don't use one. I buy things to use them and not baby them. It probably is a good idea but I like naked. If all you're worried about is resale then by all means get one. I guess I've been careful enough that I don't have any scratches.
    I agree 100%. It is afterall just a possession. That being said, I did drop it and took a big chunk out of the back, so I bit the bullet and bought the convertable case for watching things and some scratch/finger proof screen protector from futureshop. My wife was very insistant I do this.

The screen protector did give it more of a matted look, but still looks great. I forget the brand.
    09-20-11 07:54 AM
    For me it's not about resale, but just keeping things nice. When I upgrade my phone (4 times now), my old phone comes out of the Otterbox looking brand new. But then again...I protect everything I own!
    09-20-11 07:58 AM
    09-20-11 08:29 AM
    Not worth putting a screen protector on it, as it can increase response delay and make texts harder to read. The glass is damn durable and isn't it gorilla glass anyways?
    09-20-11 08:36 AM
    I use Ghost Armor and like it. Not as slick as the naked screen, but not bad at all. No problems with the optical quality.
    09-20-11 08:39 AM
    For me it's not about resale, but just keeping things nice. When I upgrade my phone (4 times now), my old phone comes out of the Otterbox looking brand new. But then again...I protect everything I own!
    +1. Why NOT protect your investment....
    09-20-11 09:14 AM
    I put one on too. I know people with other glass screened devices (which shall remain nameless ) and, despite being careful, they still got scratches on their screens. I used the Zagg Invisible Shield, and if I did it again, I would probably use something else. It's ok but you can actually scratch the SHIELD with your fingernails. :O

09-20-11 09:29 AM
    I spent $30 bucks getting one for mine the day i got it and got someone at BestBuy to install it for 10 bucks. But after about 2 hours of playing with my PB I noticed that the screen protector was causing laggy response times and also gave a significant amount of drag when passing my finger across the screen. Took it off the same day... I'm not perfect with my device but I've had it since May and I have 1 minor scratch that you can only see when you actually look for it or the light hits it a certain way. I find that the Sleeve it came with is all the screen protection I need. I believe the one I got was called InvisiShield or something, not recommended to get it because of the issues I had with it.
    09-20-11 09:35 AM
    I use an iShiedz protector and it's great. It goes on with an alcohol solution, so you can barely see it once you're done. The optical quality is fantastic and i have no issues with screen sensitivity.
    09-20-11 09:52 AM
    I use an iShiedz protector and it's great. It goes on with an alcohol solution, so you can barely see it once you're done. The optical quality is fantastic and i have no issues with screen sensitivity.
    Meh, my problem was they told me not to play with it for a couple hours after they put the screen on. But A) The ADD and B)The Nerdgasm I was already in the process of having, I just couldn't wait...
    ramorris likes this.
    09-20-11 09:58 AM
    Meh, my problem was they told me not to play with it for a couple hours after they put the screen on. But A) The ADD and B)The Nerdgasm I was already in the process of having, I just couldn't wait...
    Now THAT'S funny! "Nerdgasm".....stealing this one.
    ramorris likes this.
    09-20-11 10:30 AM
    From prior discussions, the screen is NOT gorilla glass.
    09-20-11 12:22 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD