I never put screen protectors on my glass devices. Just wondering if anyone else leaves their PB screen naked like i do.
    05-18-11 05:35 AM
    My hands are always dirty as I do not work in an office environment so I pretty much have to put a screen protector on it if I want it to last any amount of time.

May I ask why you dont use screen protectors?
    05-18-11 05:52 AM
    +1 for naked
    05-18-11 07:34 AM
    Have purchased a screen protector. Have yet to put it on. I would prefer to go without, but would like the protection at the same time. It's a dilemma...
    05-18-11 07:36 AM
    Have purchased a screen protector. Have yet to put it on. I would prefer to go without, but would like the protection at the same time. It's a dilemma...
    I guess Im curious what the con's are to using one?
    05-18-11 07:37 AM
    I have a Zagg on my 9700 but have been reluctant to put one on my PB. My concern is how well it will react to the finger with the protector on.

I'm not really concerned about it getting dirty, it cleans up great. I am more concerned with the screen getting scratched. Right now I am very careful but in time I'm sure I will get a little lax.

So I will continue to search the threads to see how others like it.
    05-18-11 07:43 AM
    I have noticed, for my Torch, that having a screen protector on didn't really do much for me. It seemed to attract my fingerprints a lot more then the naked screen did. So I am just keeping my PB's screen naked. It does attract quite a bit of finger prints, but the PB's screen is so easy to clean.
    05-18-11 07:49 AM
    IMHO:
    1)Getting it on properly with no dirt/dust/air bubbles beneath it
    2)Fear of losing the touch sensitivity
    05-18-11 07:56 AM
    just got mine yesterday from boxwave.com where I always get my screen protectors from. piece of cake to apply, no bubbles, touch is fine, almost don't even notice its there.
    I've used boxwave for a long time and have never had any residue issues.
    Terryble likes this.
    05-18-11 08:12 AM
    Definitely, must always have a screen protector on all my devices. Not because I'm dirty or careless because I'm not, but just in case, and it keeps them looking brand new. I just buy mine from Handhelditems.com as they are dirt cheap there while still great quality, still have my iPad one on I got from there when I bought it about a year ago and still on perfectly and looks fine. Never did like the Zagg or similar ones, they are too pricey and hard as heck to put on and they feel tacky.

While I wait for the one I ordered to get here last night I took one of the 2 extra iPad ones I have and actually cut it down to size freehand and somehow it turned out really well, and when I put it on there's 0 air bubbles or particles trapped underneath, not sure how I did that because usually there will be a couple, I may just leave this on when my Otterbox Defender comes in.
    05-18-11 08:28 AM
    I purchased the Zagg Invisible shield and had my local Bestbuy install it,
    I allowed the recommended 24 hour "cure" time. That has been a week ago today, it gives me a piece of mind knowing its there. The "orange peel" effect has diminished a little over time and I'm glad I went ahead with the protection. I would hate to scratch this $600 screen when it only cost $35 to protect!!
    05-18-11 08:50 AM
    For those who fear the touch screen response would suffer if you put a protector on it - I can say that it has no impact on my ability to navigate around my PB. I havent noticed any problem with it - the screen protector even extends to the outer bezel and Im able to sweep up and down with no issues.

I did clean the screen thoroughly no there isnt any dirt under it but I do have a few air bubbles. Doesnt really bother me. For me - I would rather keep the screen pristine and look at a bubble or two then risk damaging the capacitive components being damaged from my grubby hands.
    05-18-11 08:53 AM
    Ghost Armor is THE way to go!
    05-18-11 09:52 AM
    Ghost Armor is THE way to go!
    I went to the Ghost Armor site to find a installer closest to me and went. The extra $30 was not worth removing the Zagg Shield. Even the guy that was doing the installation was amazed how well the Zagg looked compared to the Ghost Armor. When done right any protection is better than no protection
    05-18-11 10:08 AM
    I had a zagg on mine for a few days, the grippy feeling drove me nuts. After I took it off I honored at how good it felt.

To put it in perspective, (at least with zagg) its like comparing a bushy p___y(zagg) to a shaved p___y(no screen protector). I love the shaved.
    trinipoco likes this.
    05-18-11 10:15 AM
    I went to the Ghost Armor site to find a installer closest to me and went. The extra $30 was not worth removing the Zagg Shield. Even the guy that was doing the installation was amazed how well the Zagg looked compared to the Ghost Armor. When done right any protection is better than no protection
    don't disagree with that. but I would say it doesn't make sense to pay someone to install it for you. It takes only a couple minutes and is super easy!
    05-18-11 10:15 AM
    I had a zagg on mine for a few days, the grippy feeling drove me nuts. After I took it off I honored at how good it felt.

To put it in perspective, (at least with zagg) its like comparing a bushy p___y(zagg) to a shaved p___y(no screen protector). I love the shaved.
    LOL ....very GOOD description...lol
    05-18-11 10:21 AM
    I am not a screen protector ki9nd of guy. I prefer my gadgets without!
    05-18-11 10:24 AM
    I allowed the recommended 24 hour "cure" time. That has been a week ago today, it gives me a piece of mind knowing its there. The "orange peel" effect has diminished a little over time and I'm glad I went ahead with the protection. I would hate to scratch this $600 screen when it only cost $35 to protect!!
    +1 I put the Zagg on myself, its not as spendy as most people say, I got mine for around 16 bucks online and installed it myself with great success. It was extra grippy at first but now a week later and its perfect and protected, better safe than sorry.
    05-18-11 10:30 AM
    Has anyone bought the screen protector that CrackBerry is selling? Was thinking of picking it up and using the 13% off coupon.
    05-18-11 10:31 AM
    don't disagree with that. but I would say it doesn't make sense to pay someone to install it for you. It takes only a couple minutes and is super easy!
    Because of my lack of experience in installing screen protectors of this magnitude I decided to pay to have it done correctly. I wasn't comfortable doing it...... the right way so I decided to have it done. What makes sense to others vary....do not be quick to judge, circumstances differ from one person to another.
    05-18-11 11:37 AM
    I have a Zagg on my 9700 and even though it's not a touch screen it was getting dirty and full of finger prints. I also like not having to worry about it getting scratched.

Is there any change in the swiping or tapping on your PB since putting the Zagg on?
    05-18-11 12:09 PM
    I have a Zagg on my 9700 and even though it's not a touch screen it was getting dirty and full of finger prints. I also like not having to worry about it getting scratched.

Is there any change in the swiping or tapping on your PB since putting the Zagg on?
    That was also a very BIG concern and I'm happy to report "NO DIFFERENCE". At first the screen was a little "sticky" but did not interfere with the function. After a week, the "orange peel" effect has diminished as well as the "stickyness". I'm glad I decided to get Zagg protection
    05-18-11 12:50 PM
    Because of my lack of experience in installing screen protectors of this magnitude I decided to pay to have it done correctly. I wasn't comfortable doing it...... the right way so I decided to have it done. What makes sense to others vary....do not be quick to judge, circumstances differ from one person to another.
    I didn't "Judge" you, I just stated my OPINION that it's so easy to install that to pay is not necessary.. Gees, so darn sensitive!
    05-18-11 02:04 PM
    GA shows NO Orange peel after two days and all the tiny bubbles and wrinkles disappearing after installation. It's almost impossible to tell it's on there when just looking at the screen!
    Last edited by chasvs; 05-18-11 at 02:13 PM.
    05-18-11 02:05 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD