I bought a playbook last month and everything was going well till yesterday when after charging the screen stopped responding.

The wifi gets connected, the buttons are working and even the screen gets flipped between landscape and portrait mode. But the screen is not responding to touch.

I have tried restarting/ force restarting it. After going through a number of threads here, tried to reset the OS. Even after the OS installation and reboot, the screen is not responding.

What basically is the problem and the solution to it? I am traveling now and don't have the original receipts with me to take the PB to a service center. Kindly help!
    06-05-12 06:05 PM
    If a restart didn't fix it then your only solution would be to call RIM. When I sent mine in for service they didn't ask for proof of purchase.
    06-05-12 07:31 PM
    Rim appears to know when pb's were purchased. So you might try contacting them anyway. The only contact info I have is

The PB has a one year warranty to the original purchaser. It also has 90 free Tech support. I do not know how Rim deals with "quasi-tech support v. warranty"

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: [email protected] (this route generally does not work and a call is necessary)

(UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support
    http://fr.blackberry.com/playbook-ta...ok-support.jsp
    Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)
    06-05-12 07:36 PM
    Got the tab back from the service center yesterday...working good till now...keeping my fingers crossed so that such nuisance wont happen again...
    07-06-12 11:13 AM
    Glad to hear that they fixed it.
    07-06-12 05:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD