Upgraded my playbook to version 2.0.1.358, everything work fine until two days ago, I have got problem with the screen.

The whole screen looks like grayed out even maximum backlight brightness, and it got the ghosting of the previous images. I try reboot/shutdown my playbook many time, it still there. Finally I did a wipe and reinstall the latest OS, but the ghostly images issue still remain.

Google this issue, I found I am not alone. There have few people have same issue.

Playbook Screen Ghosting Problem
    Trouble with PB screen
    Blackberry Playbook Bugs

I will contact RIM tonight.
    Last edited by edabgmc; 04-25-12 at 05:57 PM.
    04-25-12 03:56 PM
    I will contact RIM tonight.
    Ok.

10char
    04-25-12 05:36 PM
    I have minor ghosting that happens on splash screens, particularly grey ones. It's temporary, and goes away for awhile after I reboot, it seems whenever I do cpu intensive things is when it starts showing up. It's not a problem for me really, just hope it doesn't get worse!

It also doesn't show up on screenshots, so I don't think it's hardware issue.

So far so good!
    04-25-12 05:45 PM
    Any further update on this issue? My son's 16GB PB has been having this same issue since he updated to to latest software update a few weeks ago.

What have you other folks been doing about it? I have read in some other forums that RIM needed to be contacted by owners of units displaying this problem.

Any further update appreciated.
    05-06-12 08:47 PM
    On the phone right now with RIM support. The agent I am speaking to says they are receiving numerous complaints about this problem. Sometimes a security wipe fixes it, sometimes a software reload fixes it, but sometimes nothing works. Waiting to see what the next steps are going to be. (On a side note, this on hold music is terrible!!)
    05-07-12 06:03 AM
    Mine did this too, but only after leaving battery guru running on the screen all day(wanted to recalibrate the battery). I could see what looked like a faint 88% all the time, reboot or OS reload didn't fix it so I just ignored it for a couple days. When it wouldn't fix itself I got an app(forget what it was called now) that was supposed to fix stuck or frozen pixels, ran that for a while and all is good now.
    05-07-12 06:42 AM
    On the phone right now with RIM support. The agent I am speaking to says they are receiving numerous complaints about this problem. Sometimes a security wipe fixes it, sometimes a software reload fixes it, but sometimes nothing works. Waiting to see what the next steps are going to be. (On a side note, this on hold music is terrible!!)
    Is there a Kettle Drum like the other day when I called? I actually complained about it. Too shrill or something.

Which reminds me, I have to call back to report on my further experiments (my is battery power on standby).
    05-07-12 08:58 AM
    Any further update on this issue? My son's 16GB PB has been having this same issue since he updated to to latest software update a few weeks ago.

What have you other folks been doing about it? I have read in some other forums that RIM needed to be contacted by owners of units displaying this problem.

Any further update appreciated.
    Honestly, I didn't contact RM with this issue. I heard some story that the RIM supporter will try let you do some steps to confirm it is a problem, include reboot your playbook, even wipe the OS, it took few hours on the phone, the good news is RIM will take the playbook back and repair it at the end.

I have already tried many of the options to save my playbook, include downgrade to OS 2.0.0.7971, but the ghosting image still there, and I don't want take too much time with supporter to do that again.

I still suggest anyone that have this issue please don't hesitate to contact RIM, get your PlayBook fixed as soon as possible.
    05-07-12 10:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD