Hello, Everyone.

Hopefully, this will be helpful to some� I know there have been tons of posts relating to battery life on the PB, along with suggestions regarding wifi, Bluetooth, and screen brightness. I just wanted to confirm the significant improvement of battery life by lowering the screen brightness to the midway point or lower.

Yesterday, I started with 100% battery life. I streamed Slacker Radio for about 3 hours and surfed the internet and played a few games for another hour. After about 4 hours of heavy use, battery was at 85%. That was a HUGE improvement for me. Overnight, the PB was not charged. I woke up to 83%. Prior to this, the only change I made to my PB was that I lowered the screen brightness to the midway point. (I should also mention that I was not bridged during this.)

Just sharing in the event this helps someone.
    07-11-11 08:55 AM
    I've had my PB for about a week now and I've run some unofficial tests on it. Ive found that the difference from 100% brightness to 0% brightness is about 30% battery life. That's what Ive got so far that's just doing daily things like downloading apps, playing games, surfing the web, and emailing things like that.
    07-11-11 10:02 AM
    I always keep my PlayBook at around 50% brightness. It is plenty bright there.
    07-11-11 10:21 AM
    i keep mine at 0% brightness with auto dimming turned off.
    07-11-11 10:27 AM
    Both my torch and pb are at 0. Auto dimming on.

Kind of a well known thing with screen brightness.
    07-11-11 10:27 AM
    I completely agree. about the only thing I noticed when dropping brightness was massively improved battery life.
    07-11-11 02:53 PM
    only time i have mine above 30% is when its in the car to get around the glare, other than that its more than enough (in fact on 0 with dimming on its still too bright in a dark room, guess thats what i get for checking emails in bed )
    07-11-11 05:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD