Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By DocDRM
  • 1 Post By Kandoo-BB
  • 2 Post By diegonei
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,904 Global Posts
    PIN
    nacle of phones: BB!
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Scored on Some Clearance Accessories

Dropped into Office Depot. Always go to their little clearance bin. 2 of the local stores have each had 3 or 4 of the PlayBook charging docks for a couple of months. Reg price is $69.99 or so, 1st clearance price was like $55 or so, then $49, $45, then stuck at $35 for about 6 weeks - no one ever bought them. About 3 weeks ago, bought another PlayBook 64gb there, price of dock was still $35. Each clearance bin also has about 10-15 zip sleeves, hard shells, and each had a smaller number of soft skins. zip sleeves usually about $20, shells same, skins about $15. Never priced - have to take them to employee for pricing.

SOOO . . 3 docks in the bin, grab one, a shell, and a skin. Go for a new price check, $25 for dock, still $15 for shell, and $7.99 for skin! I say "they've been here for months - been watching, how about a deal? $50 for all 3 docks." "I might be interested in some skins, too". <<<looking up SKU's>>> <<<calculator>>>> <<<more typing>>>

O.D guy: "How about $16.66 each for the 3 docks, and $3.94 each for the 6 skins in the system?" Me: "DEAL!"

So - $49.98 for 3 PlayBook docks and $15.76 for the skins (we could only found 4 of them)

Gotta love clearance bins!
    It was recently pointed out to me that SugarSync was still in my signature, and no longer available for free. It was a nice (free) ride, SugarSync, but I'm seeing Box and Dropbox now, via BB10 integration.
    BigwhiteUK, muzeek and bungaboy like this.
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,635 Global Posts

Default Re: Scored on Some Clearance Accessories

Thats a really good deal. Bedside dock, computer desk dock, work dock
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,904 Global Posts
    PIN
    nacle of phones: BB!
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Adds to my existing desk dock and the rapid charger at home/bedside (wish I could find those on clearance!)

One for my GF, one for my laptop case/road, and probably one for my 17y.o. son out in Arizona (except he keeps a Red/Black Ballistic Tough Jacket on his - probably just get him a Rapid Charger or swap my bedside RC for one of the new docks)
    It was recently pointed out to me that SugarSync was still in my signature, and no longer available for free. It was a nice (free) ride, SugarSync, but I'm seeing Box and Dropbox now, via BB10 integration.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    PIN
    non ya fn

I also haggled with office Depot 15 for the dock and 5 for the oem blue zip memory foam case love office Depot
    DocDRM likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,141 Global Posts

Jeez I lucky if I find PB accessories in a store to begin with!
    Sent from my NEW PASSPORT or a soon to be BB10 PlayBook

- BlackBerry Curve 8530 (Virgin Mobile) - BlackBerry Bold 9900 (T-Mobile) - BlackBerry PlayBook 64 gig - BlackBerry Z10[/B] (T-Mobile) - BlackBerry Z30 WHITE (Unlocked) - Blackberry Passport (Unlocked)

I just wish the dock actually had USB and micro HDMI connectors. Now that would have been THE dock.
    Quick Help BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 10.2.1|Sideloading apps: BB10/PlayBook | Update/Reload Software: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BB7.1- - PlayBook & BB10: Just use BB Link | Battery Saving: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10

Got a question? diego.nei@mobilenations.com | My Apps: Papo GP | My Channel: Project Management BBM Channel

DocDRM and Majestic Lion like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    535 Global Posts
    PIN
    Pin:s & Needle:s

Nice deal!!!!! Congrats!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,063 Global Posts

Good find. I do that all the time as well. Whenever I go there I dig through the bins to see if there's anything for any of our devices. I've gotten a couple of deals but most of the time it's not the right stuff.
    BB10 Powered by QNX RTOS.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

The WalMart near me moved all pf the PB Rapid Chargers to the markdown area, but they're all still listed at $69.95. Of course, this is WalMart, so no making a deal with management... and no use trying to make a point with an employee. They've had 4 or 5 there forever...
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security." -Benjamin Franklin