i searched this,,, ironically nothing came up,,, & i'm sure there's a very obvious & simple answer but how do i save pics attached to email to the playbook pics folder??? i was trying to load them this way from my phone instead of hardwiring to pc & is it possible to remove stock wallpapers??? kinda silly they're locked in there same as phone but @ least w/ phone bbhtool can remove them...

p.s. oops,,, just found thread...

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aybook-607144/

p.s.s. oops x2,,, the above post doesn't work anymore so any help would be appreciated...
    12-04-12 11:43 AM
    I just starting experimenting. I sent a picture attached to a Native email account and to a bridge account. So far the Native one shows up and it is in Download but has a temporary name pre-pended to it. And when I closed the email the file was gone. But I opened it again and it was back and I copied it. It has not yet shown up in the bridge account yet and I'm off to the gym!!!
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    12-04-12 12:30 PM
    i searched this,,, ironically nothing came up,,, & i'm sure there's a very obvious & simple answer but how do i save pics attached to email to the playbook pics folder??? i was trying to load them this way from my phone instead of hardwiring to pc & is it possible to remove stock wallpapers??? kinda silly they're locked in there same as phone but @ least w/ phone bbhtool can remove them...

p.s. oops,,, just found thread...

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aybook-607144/

p.s.s. oops x2,,, the above post doesn't work anymore so any help would be appreciated...
    press an hold picture, a pop up will ask if you want to save.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-04-12 12:36 PM
    ^ What he said but this only works with the native mail client, can't figure it out with the bridge client.
    12-04-12 12:50 PM
    On Bridge, attachments are saved on the PHONE. Which makes them an issue - but that's more of rim's security - after all the photo was attached to an email ON THE PHONE. So the attachment STAYS on the phone.
    12-04-12 02:50 PM
    I never knew this about accessing a gmail or hotmail account through the browser. Downloading the attached pictures as a zip file creates a new album on the Playbook that you can name.
    12-04-12 04:20 PM
    On Bridge, attachments are saved on the PHONE. Which makes them an issue - but that's more of rim's security - after all the photo was attached to an email ON THE PHONE. So the attachment STAYS on the phone.
    Yes but you can still open the attachment, I tried with an image, so the image gets transferred to the playbook, if the picture app allowed saving it would be possible in this case.
    12-04-12 04:44 PM
    Yes but you can still open the attachment, I tried with an image, so the image gets transferred to the playbook, if the picture app allowed saving it would be possible in this case.
    Yes, I should have been clearer. Actually, you can also grab a ScreenShot (Vol + and -) and capture a lesser quality image that is saved to the pb. BES folks can't do the screenshot from what I've read.
    12-04-12 06:36 PM
    How about saving pics uploaded to box.net from another device and opened up on the PB? How can they be saved to the PB, as they dont' show up in Pictures after being downloaded for viewing?
    12-04-12 10:10 PM
    If you're using the native Box app, which I don't really recommend since there are much better ways to access Box, the pics get downloaded to your Documents folder.
    12-04-12 10:35 PM
    I just starting experimenting. I sent a picture attached to a Native email account and to a bridge account. So far the Native one shows up and it is in Download but has a temporary name pre-pended to it. And when I closed the email the file was gone. But I opened it again and it was back and I copied it. It has not yet shown up in the bridge account yet and I'm off to the gym!!!
    'preciate cha for tryin,,, finger press doesn't work for me...
    12-04-12 11:16 PM
    'preciate cha for tryin,,, finger press doesn't work for me...
    I just SUCCESSFULLY did the PRESS and it offered Open or SaveAs. I was able to save it. Saved in the Downloads Folder.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    12-05-12 09:00 AM
    did you press in the email or after it opens in it's own window??? i've tried both for everything from a second to 5 secs,,, it was/is a bridged mail, right???
    12-05-12 09:44 AM
    Ah, no, this is for NATIVE mail (I only have one test Outlook.com email setup in Native). As I wrote above, Bridge Attachments are saved to the phone.

It can be found here on mine (might depend on some of your options for where you save photos):
    <root> / SDCard / Blackberry / documents / Bridge
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    12-05-12 10:04 AM
    ok,,, i don't have any accts in native,,, i have 3 funneled to the phone (#3 & #2 > #1 >BB) & my pc is hardwired so no wifi & my neighbors aren't careless w/ thiers,,, guess i'll just have to transfer 'em the ol' fashioned way...
    12-05-12 09:23 PM