Often a saved wifi Site becomes disabled in the saved list. When I list the saved sites there is a red circle with a line through it. When I try to connect get the message, "This configuration has been disabled. Unable to acquire IP address."

The sites can work when I delete the saved Site, look for available sites and connect.

Any suggestions?

P's. Did a search for threads. None.
    07-17-12 02:51 PM
    The one I use at work has been acting up, I turn on wi-fi, it won't connect automatically or if i select it, so i turn wi-fi off and back on and it will connect, sometimes it takes 3 tries, I don't know about the red circle thing in the saved list I have never looked, and since it's already connected I won't be able to look till tomorrow lol. Work one I use is WEP / G
    07-17-12 02:57 PM
    I just got back from a trip out of town and was experiencing this all weekend with the hotel Wifi. It was free Wifi, but you still needed to go through the login process every day, which involved watching an ad provided by the access provider. Therefore, every morning, my PB would be perfectly able to see and talk to the Wifi router, but unable to obtain an IP address from it.

This situation -- where the router for the saved network profile is accessible, but refuses to hand out an IP address -- is what causes the PB to consider the network to be useless, whereupon it is disabled. Like jwn66 above, I saw success when I cycled the PB's Wifi on-off-on, and also like jwn66, sometimes I had to do so more than once before it "took."

I can't say whether this is new behavior, but I can add my concurring experience.
    07-17-12 03:26 PM
    I think I remember reading about that symbol.
    Something about a hospital WIFI and accepting the terms on the agreement page.
    07-17-12 03:29 PM
    I have this happen quite often, usually i can edit the profile and re-enable it.
    07-17-12 04:06 PM
    On the subject of WiFi, can someone tell me how to delete previously found/used WiFi signals? I have every coffee shop, hotel, fast food restaurant, etc. still showing. Thanks
    07-17-12 05:04 PM
    You go to wifi tab and saved networks and hit pencil and then trashcan them.
    nextcity likes this.
    07-17-12 06:09 PM
    If you tap on the affected saved network that is disabled, the screen will give you the option to turn the network back on and connect. You should be good to go after that.
    JerBru likes this.
    07-17-12 08:19 PM
    If you tap on the affected saved network that is disabled, the screen will give you the option to turn the network back on and connect. You should be good to go after that.
    In my experience, that does not work. You must turn off (and then turn back on) Wifi at the device level altogether.
    07-19-12 10:48 AM
    The solution by Tiffany above works.
    Just tap on the Red icon and select reconnect.
    Works for me
    Thanks all
    07-21-12 11:13 AM
    I have the same effect when I come into the office in the morning. The first wifi access Point I pass by is just a repeater not being able to give me an IP address; as a result, my PB disables this network...
    07-21-12 12:09 PM
    I have the same problem... Playbook will not reconnect to network after its been on another one.
    The "do not enter" symbol appears (red circle) and I have to select the network, re-enable it, save, then turn off wifi and then back on.
    However, your post helped a LOT, I used to re-enter the entire WEP code again to be able to re-connect.
    So thanks...
    12-05-12 03:58 PM
    Yup, this works, I have to do this 9 times out of 10 when coming back home from work. Never figured out why.
    12-05-12 04:31 PM
    I have a slightly different problem.

I changed my router's security from WPA to WPA2 with AES (as suggested in another thread). No problem with our two laptops, just had to change config of SSID to WPA2 and reconnect.

But I cannot get Playbook to connect

I have set the security to WPA2 Personal and entered the proper password, but is says it is unable to acquire an IP address.

I deleted the profile and then let the PB find available networks. The router shows up, but when I enter the password, it will not connect.

When I look at advanced, it says Security type is WPA2-PSK. Is that same as WPA2 Personal (which is waht I see on laptops). Other fields say VPN - not selected) Band Type Dual Band (tried using individual bands, no affect)

If I turn Wifi on and off, and tap on my router's SSID, I get an option to use WPS by hitting router button (don't have one), Enter Pin into Router or Don't use WPS, which I choose. That brings up box to enter password, which I do. Then hit Connect. Attempts to connect but does not.
    12-05-12 08:08 PM
    Not to worry - got it working. I wish I could say how

I did two things.
    Disconnect power on router and let it restart.
    Turn off wifi before entering setup info for router on Playbook. After it was entered, turned wifi back on and it connected.
    Mysterious that laptops would connect after the change, but not the Playbook.
    12-05-12 08:47 PM
    This is how i got my Blackberry Playbook to stop doing that and also how to delete the saved networks. Go into your Wifi settings and there will be a drop tab with the name "Select a network" beside it. It's usually set to "Available Networks". Click on that and there will be 4 headings. Click on "Saved Networks". It will bring you to a list of all the wifi networks you have ever used on your blackberry playbook. Click on the pencil looking button and trashcans will show up beside each network. once you click on the trashcan, the wifi network will no longer be saved until you use it once again.
    07-16-13 09:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD