Is there a way to save pictures from emails and the web onto the PlayBook?

I know there is a save option, and I hit that, but then it is not listed under photos.

Thanks

EDIT: You CAN save photos to your PlayBook when NOT Bridged, but when it is Bridged, even clicking "save to PlayBook" does not save it to the PlayBook.

A pain, but now this is a workaround.
    Last edited by lonestar1135; 04-19-11 at 02:06 PM.
    04-19-11 01:08 PM
    are you doing this from a bridged connection from your BB? if you are, then it's probably saving it to the BB's storage rather than the PB's. Otherwise, as far as I know, it should be saving it to your pictures folder on the PB.
    04-19-11 01:32 PM
    no im bridged but im doing everything on the playbook and it says "save to playbook" but i cant find the photos. wow we need auto correct on this thing big time.
    04-19-11 01:46 PM
    Im having the same issue. When Im bridged and tap and hold on the pic then click "save image" and choose playbook as the save location, but nothing shows up in the photo album. I also tried it going to my email from the playbook browser but still cant save.
    04-19-11 01:52 PM
    yup I went to download CB wallpapers and have no way to figure this out. Why another fail for my PB
    04-19-11 01:54 PM
    What about the playbook resizing photos when you set them as a wallpaper?

Works for some, but others, it zooms in and is pixelated.

Anyone else?
    04-19-11 02:04 PM
    Check edit for solution to 1st issue.
    04-19-11 02:06 PM

I know there is a save option, and I hit that, but then it is not listed under photos.

Thanks

EDIT: You CAN save photos to your PlayBook when NOT Bridged, but when it is Bridged, even clicking "save to PlayBook" does not save it to the PlayBook.

Thanks but your fix doesn't help me.... on the CB wallpapers, i hold down the screen, I get "save image, copy image link, view image and cancel"

I hit save image, and it brings up a "File name" that I can input whatever, and then the option to cancel or hit ok.

Doesnt point me to where I can download the images
    04-19-11 02:14 PM
    You're right. That's so weird. I saved the 1st image on the cb site, but I just tried what you did and it didn't work. I guess just hit download and when the full image comes up, just do a screen capture.
    04-19-11 02:20 PM
    You're right. That's so weird. I saved the 1st image on the cb site, but I just tried what you did and it didn't work. I guess just hit download and when the full image comes up, just do a screen capture.
    Well it was a good attempt so thanks, I guess its just another thing we have to wait for now
    04-19-11 02:21 PM
    Where is the save button? I didn't see it
    Last edited by jdaclutch; 04-19-11 at 03:07 PM.
    04-19-11 02:27 PM
    I assume you meant "save". Just hold your finger down over an image and a popup menu will 'pop up'. Much like OS6
    04-19-11 02:28 PM
    Hmmmm,, I just tried to save an image from my email, but didnt see it in my photo album. I tried it again and just above where it says "cancel/ok" before you save, it says "File aexists. Rename this file or press OK to replace existing file." Interesting, no?
    04-19-11 02:44 PM
    yea seems to be some saving problems going on. I'm sure we'll figure it all out soon. Hopefully they fix it soon.
    jdaclutch likes this.
    04-19-11 02:57 PM
    thanks, i gonna give it a try.
    alwayscrackin likes this.
    04-19-11 03:07 PM
    When I click on the image and hold the button - the save image button comes up. When you click on it, you can input a file name and the photo is automatically filed in the Pictures App underneath "Downloads". U cant move it from this folder on the playbook directly - at least not from what I can see.
    04-19-11 03:15 PM
    Yea not sure what's going on. Seems the only way to get pics is off google images (w/o being bridged), and plugging your playbook into your comp.
    04-19-11 03:21 PM

Thanks

You need to save it as a ".jpg" file.
    Zach7 likes this.
    04-19-11 03:39 PM
    You need to save it as a ".jpg" file.
    Ok cool, thanks. Still some trouble saving photos from some websites, even as a .jpeg, but thanks a lot, that does help.
    04-19-11 04:44 PM
    had some issues with this as well..... when u attempt to save the file, make sure you add ".jpg" to the end of the file name. its already there if u use the default file name and save but assuming you were trying to change the name this fixes the issue and it saves just fine.
    blackberry-pimp likes this.
    04-19-11 06:25 PM
    emailed myself a jpg file, downloaded and now getting a ? in a box with a constant running circle. Assume that isn't working. It shouldn't be this hard to get pictures from gmail to saved on the playbook.
    04-19-11 07:44 PM
    you can use adobe reader to open the files.
    04-20-11 12:08 AM
    you can use adobe reader to open the files.
    i take that back, no you can't. adobe can't locate them. c'mon pb...
    04-20-11 12:24 AM
    Thanks but your fix doesn't help me.... on the CB wallpapers, i hold down the screen, I get "save image, copy image link, view image and cancel"

I hit save image, and it brings up a "File name" that I can input whatever, and then the option to cancel or hit ok.

Doesnt point me to where I can download the images
    when it does that, i just tap n hold, select "view image", then from there save it
    04-20-11 06:31 PM
    I've been having the same issues when trying to download pictures in my PlayBook. when you save it under a custom name make sure to add ".jpeg" like the posters above mentioned. For example, "cloudylighthouse" would have to be saved as "cloudylighthouse.jpeg".
    04-21-11 02:31 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD