Just seen the advert for the Samsung Galaxy Note....

I couldn't give a rats *** about the Note itself...but really like the look of that stylus...

I have been looking for a thing tipped more slender thing than my Bamboo Stylus...which although considerably more accurate than the griffin etc is still a little unwieldy at times.

Will it work with the Playbook or is this a case of trying to find a spare one and giving it a whirl....as soon as it hits the shops I might try and sneak a go!
    Last edited by lurchybabey; 10-02-11 at 12:09 PM.
    10-02-11 12:06 PM
    I think the reason we don't have styluses like that is due to a limitation with the screen, though I could be wrong.
    10-02-11 01:55 PM
    Screen limitation or not (which I think there is with most touchscreens for a 7mm width); that stylus for the Note would be way too thin to hold comfortably for any length of time, at least in my opinion.
    10-02-11 03:37 PM
    Bump to a year old thread...

So has anybody had the chance to try it on the playbook? Does it work?
    10-27-12 08:26 PM
    Note using the digitizer from Wacom, so it won't work on PlayBook or any other capacitive touchscreen.
    Tried with my Boss' Galaxy Note 1 and my colleague Galaxy Note 2, and both can't be recognized.
    Perhaps other has different experience?
    10-28-12 02:21 AM
    Note using the digitizer from Wacom, so it won't work on PlayBook or any other capacitive touchscreen.Tried with my Boss' Galaxy Note 1 and my colleague Galaxy Note 2, and both can't be recognized.Perhaps other has different experience?
    Feedback from others would be an asset.
    10-28-12 02:36 AM
    galaxy note pen wont work on normal capacitive touchscreens. as allready sad the notes have a special technology built in... they will never work on the playbook or any other tablet missing that technology.

Gesendet von meinem BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps mit Tapatalk 2
    10-28-12 04:27 AM
    Feedback from others would be an asset.
    I'm also still waiting for others to say their experience.
    But I could do a recording when testing it if anybody interested.
    10-28-12 10:35 AM
    i had a note for some time, nice phone and the pen is great, but it was to big for me... sold it after two month because if was always using my smaller old smartphone + playbook combo and only used the note for gps routing..

and because you want proove, i also tried the pen. it does nothing on the playbook...

so until rim decides to make a playbook with electromagnetic pen support ( i think that is basic the technology behind it) it will never work.

final!
    10-29-12 02:40 AM
    Totally right man, it didn't work when I managed to get a hold of one at the windmobile store in dufferin mall to test. It would compliment a wacom tablet for it's awesome soft tip!
    i had a note for some time, nice phone and the pen is great, but it was to big for me... sold it after two month because if was always using my smaller old smartphone + playbook combo and only used the note for gps routing.. and because you want proove, i also tried the pen. it does nothing on the playbook...so until rim decides to make a playbook with electromagnetic pen support ( i think that is basic the technology behind it) it will never work. final!
    10-29-12 07:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD