I got it back today after sending it to repair for that foul camera error. It wants to update to the same version that broke its camera so I'm not too sure here. God knows I'll be one angry person if I have to go without it for another two weeks.
    03-09-13 03:57 PM
    Shouldn't it push the latest OS to you?
    03-09-13 03:59 PM
    It's there for me to download but I am afraid that it will screw my camera again :/
    03-09-13 05:03 PM
    No update has ever messed up my camera.
    Just press the button. Do it.
    03-09-13 05:06 PM
    I got it back today after sending it to repair for that foul camera error. It wants to update to the same version that broke its camera so I'm not too sure here. God knows I'll be one angry person if I have to go without it for another two weeks.
    Had no issues with my camera, before or after the update, can't be 100% sure but think the issue was with the PB not the update, could always call tech support and have them go through the update with you.
    03-09-13 08:33 PM
    So I went through with it and I'm glad nothing broke this time, but next time there is an update I'll wait a while to try it out...
    taz323 likes this.
    03-09-13 09:50 PM
    Updates aren't the cause of those kind of issues or ALL cameras would have been affected. More than likely you have a corrupt file or have had a bad downuload that the update exposed. I recently bought a used PB for my motorcycle from an owner that was honest enough to tell me he was having a lot of software glitches since his last update and had given up. I queried him on the problem and it started after an update that had been interrupted when his wifi signal was lost momentarily due to a router problem. After that he couldn't even log on to the PB. I told him to do a security wipe and then the debrick procedure but he had already purchased another PB. I bought it and it was three updates behind. I did the 10 password attempts so it would do a security wipe, performed a new setup and did an update, which was 690mg. Works like a charm. Most all anomalies that occur after an update are due to a pre-existing problem or a botched update, rarely the update is ever the cause.
    03-10-13 01:14 PM