Is it safe to update my PlayBook?
I got it back today after sending it to repair for that foul camera error. It wants to update to the same version that broke its camera so I'm not too sure here. God knows I'll be one angry person if I have to go without it for another two weeks.
- CrackBerry Addict
03-09-2013, 09:33 PM #5
- 727 Posts
- CrackBerry Genius
03-10-2013, 02:14 PM #7
- 1,766 Posts
- Forget it
Updates aren't the cause of those kind of issues or ALL cameras would have been affected. More than likely you have a corrupt file or have had a bad downuload that the update exposed. I recently bought a used PB for my motorcycle from an owner that was honest enough to tell me he was having a lot of software glitches since his last update and had given up. I queried him on the problem and it started after an update that had been interrupted when his wifi signal was lost momentarily due to a router problem. After that he couldn't even log on to the PB. I told him to do a security wipe and then the debrick procedure but he had already purchased another PB. I bought it and it was three updates behind. I did the 10 password attempts so it would do a security wipe, performed a new setup and did an update, which was 690mg. Works like a charm. Most all anomalies that occur after an update are due to a pre-existing problem or a botched update, rarely the update is ever the cause.There are trolls in BlackBerry clothing among us. Report and never reply to obvious troll posts, they will die without responses from you.
- By predcon1 in forum BlackBerry Curve 8900Replies: 5Last Post: 10-22-2009, 06:19 PM
- By Qohelet in forum BBOS Phone AccessoriesReplies: 7Last Post: 05-22-2009, 05:00 PM
- By StuMcBill in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 16Last Post: 04-16-2009, 10:04 AM
- By StuMcBill in forum Discover BBM FriendsReplies: 16Last Post: 04-16-2009, 10:04 AM
- By CaraP in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 01-24-2009, 01:02 PM