Docking Station For The Z10 Coming Soon, New Tablet In The Works For BlackBerry

link : BlackBerryOS.com - Docking Station For The Z10 Coming Soon, New Tablet In The Works For BlackBerry
    02-07-13 06:54 AM
    Interesting idea with the docking station... Could be useful in some cases.

Follow me on twitter @raizzt1
    02-07-13 07:14 AM
    Well I am not surprised if blackberry comes out with a new tablet and screw all of us playbook owners out of having BB10 without updating to newer tablet, let it be known I for one will not purchase a new tablet if BB10 were not to come to older pb's first.
    jegs2 likes this.
    02-07-13 08:03 AM
    A docking station with power, HDMI, USB and ethernet ports is what I am waiting for since I got my PlayBook. I even thought about getting a second PlayBook solely for my tv if there was such a docking station. Are the ports on the Z10 and Q10 placed as on the PlayBook (orientation, distance to each other) so such a stand would be compatible?
    02-07-13 08:19 AM
    "I'm not getting out of the tablet business, I've asked my teams to build another one, but I need to make money from it. If the hardware doesn't provide the margins I need, then it makes no sense in doing it," said Heins.
    Seems to go beyond rumor this time.
    ibpluto likes this.
    02-07-13 08:31 AM
    A docking station with power, HDMI, USB and ethernet ports is what I am waiting for since I got my PlayBook. I even thought about getting a second PlayBook solely for my tv if there was such a docking station. Are the ports on the Z10 and Q10 placed as on the PlayBook (orientation, distance to each other) so such a stand would be compatible?
    Use a generic tablet stand with right angle HDMI and a rapid charger. The wires are barley visible.

Check out this stand:
    Perch stand for the BlackBerry Playbook
    anon(3879737) likes this.
    02-07-13 08:39 AM
    Docking Station For The Z10 Coming Soon, New Tablet In The Works For BlackBerry

link : BlackBerryOS.com - Docking Station For The Z10 Coming Soon, New Tablet In The Works For BlackBerry
    The company is also looking to revamp its efforts to deliver a tablet. BlackBerry is not giving up on the tablet business, in fact the company is already working on another one. "I'm not getting out of the tablet business, I've asked my teams to build another one, but I need to make money from it. If the hardware doesn't provide the margins I need, then it makes no sense in doing it," said Heins.

NOTE: but i need to make money from it.If the hardware doesn't provide the margins I need then it makes no sense in doing it.

of course they'll make another playbook......if they can make money on it......They can't....

They lost money on the playbook.....
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-07-13 08:47 AM
    The company is also looking to revamp its efforts to deliver a tablet. BlackBerry is not giving up on the tablet business, in fact the company is already working on another one. "I'm not getting out of the tablet business, I've asked my teams to build another one, but I need to make money from it. If the hardware doesn't provide the margins I need, then it makes no sense in doing it," said Heins.

of course they'll make another playbook......if they can make money on it......They can't....

They lost money on the playbook.....
    I don't know... I tend to read this as: whatever the margin is, they think it'll make it; hence he's asked his team to make the next one already.
    02-07-13 11:25 AM
    The playbook is my only BB product, and I am not concerned with bb10, unless the OS gets apps that qnx won't. At that point, I will stop being a blackberry customer. Particularly if bb10 gets netflix, and the PB doesn't, I will be LIVID.
    02-07-13 11:30 AM
    I don't know... I tend to read this as: whatever the margin is, they think it'll make it; hence he's asked his team to make the next one already.
    I think it may depend on the sucess of the phones. Of course they can make a tablet and sell for a good profit but they need to sell multi millions. If the Z10 catches on it would be much easier to sell a tablet based on that OS.
    bdguru likes this.
    02-07-13 12:01 PM
    i just wonder how many playbook LTEs have they sold????
    02-07-13 01:45 PM
    In the Zed10 box I got at the launch, the polishing cloth is embossed with BlackBerry PlayBook. I am sure they had a lot of these left over.
    02-07-13 02:20 PM
    I'm hopping OS10 for the PlayBook gets BBM and a native WhatsApp app available. I will be getting a new LTE PlayBook for sure then. Even though Thor didnt mention the PlayBook at the launch of BB10 he has said before in plenty of interviews that BB wont abandon the tablet market.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-07-13 06:50 PM
    The playbook is my only BB product, and I am not concerned with bb10, unless the OS gets apps that qnx won't. At that point, I will stop being a blackberry customer. Particularly if bb10 gets netflix, and the PB doesn't, I will be LIVID.
    Be prepared to be livid. I would be extremely surprised if PlayBook gets Netflix unless its upgraded to BlackBerry 10. I'll be blunt: Chances are good that RIM will sell more BlackBerry 10 phones by the end of their first full quarter than PlayBook has sold since it was introduced in April 2011. If anything BlackBerry 10 phones will help PlayBook get more apps
    02-07-13 06:52 PM
    i just wonder how many playbook LTEs have they sold????
    Probably in the low thousands. It has pretty limited distribution. I'm curious to know how he'll make money at this too. Especially in a world of iPad Minis, Google Nexus and Kindle Fires and competitors that make money on content or search
    02-07-13 06:53 PM
    It wasn't limited, it was non-existent. Any theories why? Why bother?
    02-07-13 06:56 PM
    Be prepared to be livid. I would be extremely surprised if PlayBook gets Netflix unless its upgraded to BlackBerry 10. I'll be blunt: Chances are good that RIM will sell more BlackBerry 10 phones by the end of their first full quarter than PlayBook has sold since it was introduced in April 2011. If anything BlackBerry 10 phones will help PlayBook get more apps
    so you think Blackberry will sell 1.5 to 2 million bb10s in the first 3 months.........what are you smoking????
    02-07-13 07:39 PM

so why would a company still insist on making a 'table'...unless....they want you to believe they are still going to make a 'tablet' so you will still buy their phones......
    02-07-13 07:41 PM
    Like Chaddface said. If the BB10 platform is a success we will see another tablet. I hope when it comes out it's. A little bigger.
    02-07-13 08:23 PM
    In the Zed10 box I got at the launch, the polishing cloth is embossed with BlackBerry PlayBook. I am sure they had a lot of these left over.
    Probably part of the billion dollar cost savings program whatchamacallit thing.
    02-07-13 08:41 PM
    They could do that if it launches in the U.S with a few key apps on board. Until it gets those apps only the faithful will buy.
    02-07-13 08:45 PM
    Docking station is pretty cool and I'll probably get one. A new Playbook? I'll definitely get one of those the day it becomes available!

I'm excited about BlackBerry and what's to come. I'd like them to be a successful company who's products and fans continue to enhance my life for a long time to come just as they have for all these years.

Can't hardly stand it waiting for my Z10 to become available......!!!!
    02-07-13 09:56 PM
    so you think Blackberry will sell 1.5 to 2 million bb10s in the first 3 months.........what are you smoking????
    If they're only on pace to sell 8M BB10s annually based on the pace of the first full quarter, they're in deep trouble. They've been selling about 7M phones/quarter without new hardware. If they can't do 1.5M-2M BB10s, they need a plan B (which sadly doesn't exist).
    02-07-13 10:10 PM
    My guess is it was contractual. They announced OTA PlayBooks at launch of the WiFi version. But I have no evidence ... just speculation
    02-07-13 10:42 PM

Even last quarter, with the world knowing that BlackBerry 10 was coming and really old hardware, RIM sold almost eight and a half million devices. If they can't sell 2 million phones with a big launch between Jan 30th and May 30th (4 months), it would be a huge let down.
    02-07-13 10:46 PM
27 12