I heard later this year, but it is not said when exactly
    We all heard later this year, that's exactly what they have been telling us.

Posted from my Z10.
    02-20-13 07:40 AM
    It would still make sense for BBRY to release new PlayBooks at some point. With tablets outselling laptops, it would be foolish not to.

It makes more business sense than supporting discontinued products (not that I don't want BB10 on my PB).
    I agree on a new one but they need to update the current version ones also, they can do both and if they don't i think they'll have lost some fans.
    02-20-13 07:43 AM
    I was told by rim insiders that my storm2 would be updated from OS5 to OS6. didn't happen.
    So... Thor and Alec would like to bring BB10 to the LTE and WiFi playbooks sometime this year.
    Yes they've promised it, but... they haven't done it yet. there might be a bump along the road that makes it impossible (or unstable/laggy/poor quality/whatever).
    We hope they bring it to the existing playbooks

carry on.
    02-20-13 03:00 PM
    This may shed some light on the OP's question. I think he was asking if there will be a new tablet and not if BB10 will be on the existing Playbook.
    Suggested BlackBerry 10 roadmap appears, outlines possible device release times | CrackBerry.com
    lcjr likes this.
    02-20-13 03:00 PM
    Wouldn't be surprised, I think there will be one more phone announcement after the Q10 (possibly the first super sized Blackberry to compete with Samsung), and then a tablet. Which I would really, really like to see happen. With a fully functional Blackberry Bridge. So I can have my "hand sized phone", not a 'phablet', and when I'm stationary I can pull out a 7" or 10" BB10 tablet that is basically my phone with all my info. The best of both worlds.
    02-20-13 03:53 PM
    The existing playbook is supposed to get os10....soon.
    Perhaps this is what the dealer meant.
    Awesome avatar blue quill!
    02-20-13 05:02 PM
    This may shed some light on the OP's question. I think he was asking if there will be a new tablet and not if BB10 will be on the existing Playbook.
    Suggested BlackBerry 10 roadmap appears, outlines possible device release times | CrackBerry.com

I forgot all about that roadmap. Thanks for bringing that up. Now I'm reminded of what I'm waiting for; a slightly larger and hopefully thinner tablet.
    carlyincanada likes this.
    02-20-13 05:07 PM
    I will wait patiently until bb10 for playbook arrives......I'm sure they are busy working on it for us
    02-20-13 05:10 PM
    I agree on a new one but they need to update the current version ones also, they can do both and if they don't i think they'll have lost some fans.
    Agreed. My personal opinion is that the upcoming software update is to keep those with the Playbook engaged and more ready to adapt to the new tablet when launched. I truly believe Blackberry will release another tablet later this year, just unsure of what the size will be. I'm doubting a 10" will come, but an 8" would be probable. Mobile computing is the future (already here today), so marketing a tablet, phone, and docking station using cloud (box) technology would be consistant with the CEO's direction. Just my opinion....
    02-20-13 05:11 PM
    All PlayBooks "WILL" get the BB10 Update.
    What I was told by a BlackBerry Insider is BB10 would have already been released on PlayBook weeks after the BB10 LAUNCH. The issue was (not really an issue) PlayBook only has 1GB for RAM. For QNX BB10 to run fast and smooth it requires at least 2GB.
    So BlackBerry is modifying a version of BB10 to ensure we get smooth responsive performance. Expect the update around April-May time frame with an announcement for new BB10 phone models and a 10" PlayBook Tablet (1.8GHz Quad-Core, 2GB RAM, 32/64/128GB models etc.,) They are a,so going to re-launch a faster 7" tablet, perhaps an 8" also.
    stillpointworks likes this.
    02-22-13 05:21 PM
    All PlayBooks "WILL" get the BB10 Update.
    What I was told by a BlackBerry Insider is BB10 would have already been released on PlayBook weeks after the BB10 LAUNCH. The issue was (not really an issue) PlayBook only has 1GB for RAM. For QNX BB10 to run fast and smooth it requires at least 2GB.
    So BlackBerry is modifying a version of BB10 to ensure we get smooth responsive performance. Expect the update around April-May time frame with an announcement for new BB10 phone models and a 10" PlayBook Tablet (1.8GHz Quad-Core, 2GB RAM, 32/64/128GB models etc.,) They are a,so going to re-launch a faster 7" tablet, perhaps an 8" also.
    Hey, please keep me posted if you here ANYTHING about a new tablet. Please....
    02-22-13 05:30 PM
    At this stage, whether the Playbook gets BB10 or not for a community of two million or so, the number of people holding out for hope keeps dropping every day as the antiquated devices begins to fail beyond the warranty period and is not replaced, those must have apps encouraging customers to look at other tablets and leaving their Playbook in the dustbin. With BlackBerry now saying that BB10 needs to be put on a diet so that the experience would be positive for users does not bode well for the longevity of the current legacy Playbooks. Even if they do manage to shoehorn their bloatware onto the equivalent architecture as their Dev platforms, what impact will it have on customers significant investment in applications that will either need to be purchased again or abandoned if they do not work anymore. Launching another tablet after the disappointing sales of the Playbook and LTE and taking the massive hit from the writedowns does not make any economic sense, especially if their intentions are to make any money from it. Competition has driven prices down on hardware to the point that BlackBerry cannot afford to bilk consumers unless they have the must have apps and partners onboard to generate sales. Should the explosive sales of the Z10 and Q10 not materialize, throwing more money on tablets that don't have a well established ecosystem just encourages BlackBerry to early retirement.
    02-22-13 11:30 PM
    I was told by some dealers Blackberry is coming with the Playbook 10 some time this summer.

Is this true?
    Is there any official news about this new one?

I first tried to buy the 4G version and could not find any left. They all quickly sold out along with the new Z10's that have been selling very quickly.
    I think this could be rumour. However let's think about a new 10" playbook. I think it would be an inconvenience as i am able to put my playbook in my jacket pocket and take it with me quite easily. I think with a new size there would be inconveniences. I like the present size Playbook. Now a playbook with bb10...sounds great.......
    04-13-13 10:21 AM
    Living the dream and loving Blackberry........
    04-13-13 10:23 AM
    Better not. They owe us BB10 on OG PlayBook

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    04-15-13 05:02 AM
40 12