I was told by some dealers Blackberry is coming with the Playbook 10 some time this summer.

Is this true?
    Is there any official news about this new one?

I first tried to buy the 4G version and could not find any left. They all quickly sold out along with the new Z10's that have been selling very quickly.
    02-19-13 02:49 PM
    I was told by some dealers Blackberry is coming with the Playbook 10 some time this summer.

Is this true?
    Is there any official news about this new one?

I first tried to buy the 4G version and could not find any left. They all quickly sold out along with the new Z10's that have been selling very quickly.
    It's possible that's its true.. just as possible that it's not. There has been no announcement of a new tablet from Blackberry at this time. That dealer is spreading pure lies I'm afraid.
    DJRikko likes this.
    02-19-13 02:57 PM
    The existing playbook is supposed to get os10....soon.
    Perhaps this is what the dealer meant.
    02-19-13 03:02 PM
    I can't see it being this summer, but i can see this fall/winter time for Christmas.

The LTE version of playbooks now will no doubt be updated to BB10 and as for the WIFI only version thats up in the air.
    02-19-13 03:44 PM
    I can't see it being this summer, but i can see this fall/winter time for Christmas.

The LTE version of playbooks now will no doubt be updated to BB10 and as for the WIFI only version thats up in the air.
    There is no "Up in the Air". We have been told many times that all playbooks will receive the BB10 OS "Sometime this Year".

Posted from my Z10.
    02-19-13 03:49 PM
    There is no "Up in the Air". We have been told many times that all playbooks will receive the BB10 OS "Sometime this Year".

Posted from my Z10.
    I have been told many times differently, so when i see it, i will believe it.
    02-19-13 04:25 PM
    Alec Saunders tweeted last month we will all receive BB10 on the Playbook "Later this Year". As well as Thorsten saying the same MANY times. So unless you know something they don't...

Posted from my Z10.
    02-19-13 04:36 PM
    Alec Saunders tweeted last month we will all receive BB10 on the Playbook "Later this Year". As well as Thorsten saying the same MANY times. So unless you know something they don't...

Posted from my Z10.
    The consensus is Playbook will get BB10 update, but only the LTE version is what i have been told many times inclung ppl working for BB.

I hope the WIFI is updated as well, time will tell.
    02-19-13 04:38 PM
    I have never ever seen "LTE Only". I'm sure many on here will also disagree, we have heard ALL Playbooks will receive it. And I also have a friend at BB, he is a senior in the company and would know. He also confirms there will be BB10 for ALL Playbooks.

I'm not going to waste anymore time on this. There are a ton of threads on it.

Posted from my Z10.
    02-19-13 04:44 PM
    Word directly from Thorsten and Alec was ALL playbooks.
    02-19-13 05:23 PM
    I have never ever seen "LTE Only". I'm sure many on here will also disagree, we have heard ALL Playbooks will receive it. And I also have a friend at BB, he is a senior in the company and would know. He also confirms there will be BB10 for ALL Playbooks.

I'm not going to waste anymore time on this. There are a ton of threads on it.

Posted from my Z10.

Ditto

Stick a fork in it and move on FFS
    Bugmapper likes this.
    02-19-13 05:48 PM
    It will be all Playbooks. I have numerous friends working at Blackberry.
    nt300, carlyincanada and Geeoff like this.
    02-19-13 05:58 PM
    My friends friends cousins sister doesn't work but she said all playbooks will run on bb10 one day. I believe her so I believe
    02-19-13 11:54 PM
    All PlayBook's indeed no reason to "hope".
    Geeoff likes this.
    02-20-13 12:16 AM
    The consensus is Playbook will get BB10 update, but only the LTE version is what i have been told many times inclung ppl working for BB.

You're the only person I've heard that from, including several BlackBerry employees.

Posted from my Dev Alpha
    RubberChicken76 and BB_Bmore like this.
    02-20-13 12:19 AM

Thorsten said it himself on CNBC "..will be bringing BB10 to all our playbook customers ..."

Heins: US Release of New BlackBerry Coming in Mid-March

Look at the video on that article at around 6:39
    02-20-13 12:36 AM
    My RIM sources say BB10 will be for all PlayBooks. They quit giving me dates about a month ago though - which means its in development most likely.

via Tapatalk
    carlyincanada and BB_Bmore like this.
    02-20-13 12:47 AM
    My RIM sources say BB10 will be for all PlayBooks. They quit giving me dates about a month ago though - which means its in development most likely.

via Tapatalk
    Yes, but may be in this summer .
    KermEd likes this.
    02-20-13 01:38 AM
    It would still make sense for BBRY to release new PlayBooks at some point. With tablets outselling laptops, it would be foolish not to.

It makes more business sense than supporting discontinued products (not that I don't want BB10 on my PB).
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-20-13 05:03 AM
    It would still make sense for BBRY to release new PlayBooks at some point. With tablets outselling laptops, it would be foolish not to.

It makes more business sense than supporting discontinued products (not that I don't want BB10 on my PB).
    BB has always been good about supporting legacy devices w/ any os they're capable of running...
    carlyincanada and just_luc like this.
    02-20-13 06:10 AM
    It's only 'up in the air' because people speculate and then pass off their speculations as though they are facts on these forums

BlackBerry PlayBook tablet will get BlackBerry 10 update | Ars Technica
    02-20-13 07:20 AM
    Um - BS. I live in Toronto and have lived in Waterloo and know many people who work for that company. You're making things up and passing it off as 'the truth'. BlackBerry 10 is coming to all PlayBooks ... WiFi and LTE.
    carlyincanada and BB_Bmore like this.
    02-20-13 07:23 AM
    Um - BS. I live in Toronto and have lived in Waterloo and know many people who work for that company. You're making things up and passing it off as 'the truth'. BlackBerry 10 is coming to all PlayBooks ... WiFi and LTE.
    We still dont know it will be when, have any idea about release date of BB10 update for playbook?
    02-20-13 07:27 AM
    Why waste your time with obvious trolling. We know what we've been told.
    02-20-13 07:28 AM
    Why waste your time with obvious trolling. We know what we've been told.
    I heard later this year, but it is not said when exactly
    02-20-13 07:36 AM
40 12