Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 40
Like Tree36Likes
  1. Jerryg50's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    309 Posts
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default [Rumor] New Playbook (10)

    I was told by some dealers Blackberry is coming with the Playbook 10 some time this summer.

    Is this true?
    Is there any official news about this new one?

    I first tried to buy the 4G version and could not find any left. They all quickly sold out along with the new Z10's that have been selling very quickly.
    Jerry G.
  2. just_luc's Avatar

    Posts
    3,010 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,059 Global Posts
    PIN
    24BF22A0
    #2  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryg50 View Post
    I was told by some dealers Blackberry is coming with the Playbook 10 some time this summer.

    Is this true?
    Is there any official news about this new one?

    I first tried to buy the 4G version and could not find any left. They all quickly sold out along with the new Z10's that have been selling very quickly.
    It's possible that's its true.. just as possible that it's not. There has been no announcement of a new tablet from Blackberry at this time. That dealer is spreading pure lies I'm afraid.


    RIM 950 .... Blackberry Z10 (STL100-3 on hybrid OS 10.3.0.140/misc) and everything in between
    + Playbook 32GB
    DJRikko likes this.
  3. blue quill's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    85 Posts
    #3  

    Default

    The existing playbook is supposed to get os10....soon.
    Perhaps this is what the dealer meant.
  4. xamdam's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,051 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,056 Global Posts
    #4  

    Default

    I can't see it being this summer, but i can see this fall/winter time for Christmas.

    The LTE version of playbooks now will no doubt be updated to BB10 and as for the WIFI only version thats up in the air.
    New Phone: Iphone 4s, Old Phones: Blackberry Z10, Samsung Galaxy S3 (Sold), Iphone 4 (Used By Family)
    LTE Playbook 32gb (Dec 2012), OS version is 1753.
    On Rogers Service

    "When in doubt, buy a laptop"
  5. tdaye's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    942 Posts
    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xamdam View Post
    I can't see it being this summer, but i can see this fall/winter time for Christmas.

    The LTE version of playbooks now will no doubt be updated to BB10 and as for the WIFI only version thats up in the air.
    There is no "Up in the Air". We have been told many times that all playbooks will receive the BB10 OS "Sometime this Year".

    Posted from my Z10.
    Thanked by 4:
    Barracuda7772 (04-13-2013),  BB_Bmore (02-20-2013),  Bobert_123 (02-20-2013),  FantomLightning (02-20-2013) 
    just_luc, twis, kbz1960 and 2 others like this.
  6. xamdam's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,051 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,056 Global Posts
    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tdaye View Post
    There is no "Up in the Air". We have been told many times that all playbooks will receive the BB10 OS "Sometime this Year".

    Posted from my Z10.
    I have been told many times differently, so when i see it, i will believe it.
    New Phone: Iphone 4s, Old Phones: Blackberry Z10, Samsung Galaxy S3 (Sold), Iphone 4 (Used By Family)
    LTE Playbook 32gb (Dec 2012), OS version is 1753.
    On Rogers Service

    "When in doubt, buy a laptop"
  7. tdaye's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    942 Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Alec Saunders tweeted last month we will all receive BB10 on the Playbook "Later this Year". As well as Thorsten saying the same MANY times. So unless you know something they don't...

    Posted from my Z10.
    Thanked by 4:
    carlyincanada (02-20-2013),  just_luc (02-19-2013),  twis (02-20-2013) 
  8. xamdam's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,051 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,056 Global Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tdaye View Post
    Alec Saunders tweeted last month we will all receive BB10 on the Playbook "Later this Year". As well as Thorsten saying the same MANY times. So unless you know something they don't...

    Posted from my Z10.
    The consensus is Playbook will get BB10 update, but only the LTE version is what i have been told many times inclung ppl working for BB.

    I hope the WIFI is updated as well, time will tell.
    New Phone: Iphone 4s, Old Phones: Blackberry Z10, Samsung Galaxy S3 (Sold), Iphone 4 (Used By Family)
    LTE Playbook 32gb (Dec 2012), OS version is 1753.
    On Rogers Service

    "When in doubt, buy a laptop"
  9. tdaye's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    942 Posts
    #9  

    Default

    I have never ever seen "LTE Only". I'm sure many on here will also disagree, we have heard ALL Playbooks will receive it. And I also have a friend at BB, he is a senior in the company and would know. He also confirms there will be BB10 for ALL Playbooks.

    I'm not going to waste anymore time on this. There are a ton of threads on it.

    Posted from my Z10.
    Thanked by 4:
    Barracuda7772 (04-13-2013),  carlyincanada (02-20-2013),  just_luc (02-19-2013),  twis (02-20-2013) 
  10. just_luc's Avatar

    Posts
    3,010 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,059 Global Posts
    PIN
    24BF22A0
    #10  

    Default

    Word directly from Thorsten and Alec was ALL playbooks.


    RIM 950 .... Blackberry Z10 (STL100-3 on hybrid OS 10.3.0.140/misc) and everything in between
    + Playbook 32GB
    Thanked by 4:
    Barracuda7772 (04-13-2013),  BB_Bmore (02-20-2013),  carlyincanada (02-20-2013),  twis (02-20-2013) 
    carlyincanada and Bugmapper like this.
  11. untakenusername's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    325 Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tdaye View Post
    I have never ever seen "LTE Only". I'm sure many on here will also disagree, we have heard ALL Playbooks will receive it. And I also have a friend at BB, he is a senior in the company and would know. He also confirms there will be BB10 for ALL Playbooks.

    I'm not going to waste anymore time on this. There are a ton of threads on it.

    Posted from my Z10.

    Ditto

    Stick a fork in it and move on FFS
    Bugmapper likes this.
  12. MidnightWatcher's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    82 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    It will be all Playbooks. I have numerous friends working at Blackberry.
    Thanked by 2:
    carlyincanada (02-20-2013),  Geeoff (02-21-2013) 
    carlyincanada and nt300 like this.
  13. rebroker2009's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,156 Posts
    #13  

    Default

    My friends friends cousins sister doesn't work but she said all playbooks will run on bb10 one day. I believe her so I believe
  14. BB_Bmore's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,844 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,856 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications
    #14  

    Default

    All PlayBook's indeed no reason to "hope".
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
    Thanked by:
    Geeoff (02-21-2013) 
  15. SCrid2000's Avatar

    Posts
    10,375 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,387 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.
    #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xamdam View Post
    The consensus is Playbook will get BB10 update, but only the LTE version is what i have been told many times inclung ppl working for BB.

    I hope the WIFI is updated as well, time will tell.
    You're the only person I've heard that from, including several BlackBerry employees.

    Posted from my Dev Alpha
    Thanked by:
    BB_Bmore (02-22-2013) 
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
  16. lynxs_claw's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    961 Posts
    Global Posts
    965 Global Posts
    #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xamdam View Post
    The consensus is Playbook will get BB10 update, but only the LTE version is what i have been told many times inclung ppl working for BB.

    I hope the WIFI is updated as well, time will tell.
    Thorsten said it himself on CNBC "..will be bringing BB10 to all our playbook customers ..."

    Heins: US Release of New BlackBerry Coming in Mid-March

    Look at the video on that article at around 6:39
    Thanked by:
    carlyincanada (02-20-2013) 
  17. #17  

    Default New Playbook (10)

    My RIM sources say BB10 will be for all PlayBooks. They quit giving me dates about a month ago though - which means its in development most likely.

    via Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    BB_Bmore (02-22-2013) 
    carlyincanada likes this.
  18. Jack_Yugis's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    380 Posts
    #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KermEd View Post
    My RIM sources say BB10 will be for all PlayBooks. They quit giving me dates about a month ago though - which means its in development most likely.

    via Tapatalk
    Yes, but may be in this summer .
    Thanked by:
    KermEd (02-28-2013) 
    KermEd likes this.
  19. fiatlux01's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    28 Posts
    #19  

    Default

    It would still make sense for BBRY to release new PlayBooks at some point. With tablets outselling laptops, it would be foolish not to.

    It makes more business sense than supporting discontinued products (not that I don't want BB10 on my PB).
    kbz1960 likes this.
  20. SEAWARRIOR's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,454 Posts
    #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fiatlux01 View Post
    It would still make sense for BBRY to release new PlayBooks at some point. With tablets outselling laptops, it would be foolish not to.

    It makes more business sense than supporting discontinued products (not that I don't want BB10 on my PB).
    BB has always been good about supporting legacy devices w/ any os they're capable of running...
    "THE GUY YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!"

    I'M ON MY OWN IGNORE LIST===

    "By the pricking of my thumbs,
    Something wicked this way comes."



    9850+PlayBook=WIN!!!
    just_luc and carlyincanada like this.
  21. RubberChicken76's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,023 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,026 Global Posts
    #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xamdam View Post
    I can't see it being this summer, but i can see this fall/winter time for Christmas.
    The LTE version of playbooks now will no doubt be updated to BB10 and as for the WIFI only version thats up in the air.
    It's only 'up in the air' because people speculate and then pass off their speculations as though they are facts on these forums

    BlackBerry PlayBook tablet will get BlackBerry 10 update | Ars Technica
    ------------------------------------
    I like how BlackBerry 10 is evolving, but when are they going to fix BlackBerry Link for Mac?

    The fact that it doesn't reliably do what it's supposed to do ... most of the time ... is utterly appalling. The only consistency is the "Music not copied to Z10 message"
  22. RubberChicken76's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,023 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,026 Global Posts
    #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xamdam View Post
    The consensus is Playbook will get BB10 update, but only the LTE version is what i have been told many times inclung ppl working for BB.
    Um - BS. I live in Toronto and have lived in Waterloo and know many people who work for that company. You're making things up and passing it off as 'the truth'. BlackBerry 10 is coming to all PlayBooks ... WiFi and LTE.
    ------------------------------------
    I like how BlackBerry 10 is evolving, but when are they going to fix BlackBerry Link for Mac?

    The fact that it doesn't reliably do what it's supposed to do ... most of the time ... is utterly appalling. The only consistency is the "Music not copied to Z10 message"
    Thanked by 2:
    BB_Bmore (02-22-2013),  carlyincanada (02-20-2013) 
    carlyincanada likes this.
  23. Mohamed Ali Mchala's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    80 Posts
    #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RubberChicken76 View Post
    Um - BS. I live in Toronto and have lived in Waterloo and know many people who work for that company. You're making things up and passing it off as 'the truth'. BlackBerry 10 is coming to all PlayBooks ... WiFi and LTE.
    We still dont know it will be when, have any idea about release date of BB10 update for playbook?
  24. Mickrick's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    219 Posts
    #24  

    Default

    Why waste your time with obvious trolling. We know what we've been told.
  25. Mohamed Ali Mchala's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    80 Posts
    #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickrick View Post
    Why waste your time with obvious trolling. We know what we've been told.
    I heard later this year, but it is not said when exactly
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 02-13-2013, 08:40 PM
  2. Replies: 103
    Last Post: 01-26-2013, 08:29 AM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-13-2012, 07:25 PM
  4. New Rumors Surrounding BlackBerry 10?
    By FlashFlare11 in forum News & Rumors
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-17-2012, 01:11 PM
  5. [Rumor] New Blackberry Device - Blackberry Iron Man
    By dwadwa in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-27-2008, 09:58 PM

Posting Permissions