Wifi only version with 1.5Ghz CPU coming too? As a BB 9900 owner I don't really need a GSM version of the PB. If the new PB goes back to $500+ it will b a tough sell in the ultra competitive tablet market.
For a product that's supposed to be discontinued imminently, from a company that's supposed to be going bankrupt any day now, there seems to be a lot of buzz surrounding the PlayBook. New models. New keyboard/case solutions. New apps (lots of them). New OS (with positive reviews).
Folks, these are not the hallmarks of a "dead" product. Perhaps RIM knows something we pundits and prognosticators don't? Could there be a surprise in store when the company discusses its financials later this month?
I don't know how I feel about this... I could use the 1.5ghz processor... But I don't feel like paying for one of the 3G plans to get it going... Thought that would most likely get it on better speeds than Bridge ever will on my 9780 (which I won't update till I see BB10 phones).
I'm not sure I'll be buying another PlayBook until they boost the RAM, or give an option to disable Android most of the time. Actually, now that I'm seeing a few useful Android apps, I'd just prefer more RAM!
I will definitely have a good look at the new PlayBook when it is released. But if the price is too high, I shall remain with the old one until the price falls!
I would like the 32GB or 64GB wifi only model.
^ exactly. but maybe i should have waited to get a 64GB...
if the new TAT demo was using NFC or only available for 1.5ghz processor i will be MAAAD
I hope that they are only releasing this to hit the 3G wagon and not as the PB2 bc that means we would have to wait for another year, at least, to get more RAM and all that
But why make a 3g model now ? I would think from a marketing point of view it needs to be able to handle up to 4g speed. Maybe it's just me but I don't want sales pitches from competitors saying ours is better because of blah blah speeds for using something like that to their advantage with potential customers.
Does anyone know if this is true for the new playbook coming next month,i am still in the return time frame for the one i just bought and would like the faster new playbook.
Somehow I'm getting the feeling that a "new" faster PB will be more $. RIM wrote off a lot of $$$$ when they realized the current PB wasn't gaining any traction with OS1.x. If they bother to release a new updated PB I bet they'll be back to $399+ for it. Lets wait and see. I've got until late April to return mine.... (pays to be BB Premier Silver).
Guys at the rim event in TO on Tuesday the presenter for Bell (cdn carrier) let it slip that he was presenting on the 4g lte playbook, and that the release date was in April. All of the RIM employees in the room looked a bit shocked that the bell presenter let the news out. He also continued to discuss the speeds of lte and the coverage area. It was also mentioned that the pb will be 4g lte and 3g compatible.
CrackBerry is in no way Affiliated with BlackBerry. We take pride in our unbiased content, however do occasionally receive free products from vendors that we review or discuss. For more info click here.