Can't we all just get a long? First off no point in arguing not going to resolve anything. For those of you who are unhappy with your playbook return it or sell it can't do much else you should have researched it before you bought it and if you bought it based on what someone said is coming then sorry but welcome to the real world unless you have something signed and guaranteed I would never trust word of mouth regardless of whether i heard it on tv or a live press conference. Howarmat seems to be doing just that, read bout the device saw it didn't have what he wants and is waiting, works good for him, I am assuming your enjoying your thunderbolt? was messing around with my cousins good phone. For those of us who are happy to wait for out updates and are enjoying the features we have shouldn't we just be helping others who have issues with bridge or wifi or other things instead of repeating the same thing every other day.
    grover5 likes this.
    07-15-11 04:22 PM
    this is funny!! I bet the PB section of the forums here have the most "Closed" threads...every thread just turns into the same argument regardless of what the OP said...I will definitely take a hit on selling my PB on eBay but some of this entertainment kinda helps
    07-15-11 04:35 PM
    No one lied to you. Don't try to blame others for your shoddy due diligence. Just chill out. Good things are coming. Presently, however, tablets being the new devices they are and even with QNX's enormous potential, if I were you I wouldn't have tried to completely replace a lap top with a tab. Not yet. I still have to resort to my lap top every once in a while though it does require dusting since the PB purchase.
    Yeah, I guess my shoddy due diligence was thinking RIM wasn't sleazy enough to make fake screenshots of App World on the playbook showing Skype and Twitter apps when those apps weren't available or even in development yet. Pretty sure that counts as being lied to.
    07-15-11 04:36 PM
    Yeah, I guess my shoddy due diligence was thinking RIM wasn't sleazy enough to make fake screenshots of App World on the playbook showing Skype and Twitter apps when those apps weren't available or even in development yet. Pretty sure that counts as being lied to.
    Firstly, do you require Skype and Twitter for school work? Secondly, when you found that the device did not currently support the features you wanted, why didn't you return it?
    07-15-11 04:40 PM
    oh and fyi, that doc is dated june 6th as someone mentioned in the crackberry comments
    The doc isn't dated. It refers to a document from June 6, but it clearly says the effective date is July 15, 2011.

It might have been created a while ago and only lists functionality included in the update as of that point. I doubt that that document is a complete list of updates to the OS. But the guessing, speculating, and whining will be over soon.

My bet is on an equal amount of "Thank you RIM" posts along with and equal amount of "I'm selling my Playbook on eBay!". The division gets deeper......
    skyscraper04 likes this.
    07-15-11 04:49 PM
    Firstly, do you require Skype and Twitter for school work? Secondly, when you found that the device did not currently support the features you wanted, why didn't you return it?
    Did I say I use my laptop only for school work? I need Skype to talk to my family when I'm away at school. Trust me, I very much regret not returning it while I still had the chance. I didn't find out Skype wasn't coming until they emailed me back and it was too late. I can sell it now but their resale value is horrible.
    07-15-11 04:51 PM
    It's possible that on June 7 RIM sent out another notification that the July 15 update was postponed for 60 days.
    07-15-11 04:53 PM
    Its Friday. We are all still here, in this endless thread. False prophets all.
    07-15-11 05:01 PM
    Good lord.
    07-15-11 05:02 PM
    Did I say I use my laptop only for school work? I need Skype to talk to my family when I'm away at school. Trust me, I very much regret not returning it while I still had the chance. I didn't find out Skype wasn't coming until they emailed me back and it was too late. I can sell it now but their resale value is horrible.
    IIRC, you said that you were a university student who purchased a tab in favour of a lap top. You don't need Skype to talk to your family. You want it. Remember that difference. It took two weeks for you to get an email a out a key feature? You didn't notice it missing for the first 12 days?

Just chill. These things happen. It's still a great device and there are workarounds for both Skype and Twitter and they will be supported.

Now, if you'll pardon me, I've got to pound the update tab for a while.
    07-15-11 05:02 PM
    IIRC, you said that you were a university student who purchased a tab in favour of a lap top. You don't need Skype to talk to your family. You want it. Remember that difference. It took two weeks for you to get an email a out a key feature? You didn't notice it missing for the first 12 days?

Just chill. These things happen. It's still a great device and there are workarounds for both Skype and Twitter and they will be supported.

Now, if you'll pardon me, I've got to pound the update tab for a while.
    No, I need it. I don't have long distance on my phone. Maybe I didn't instantly assume they were lying about it but I won't make that mistake again.
    07-15-11 05:06 PM
    I just hit update. Nothing happened. Thought I might save you the bother.
    07-15-11 05:10 PM
    No, I need it. I don't have long distance on my phone. Maybe I didn't instantly assume they were lying about it but I won't make that mistake again.
    And it's still a great device.

No one "needs" Skype. It's not a necessity to stay in touch with your family with Skype unless they're inspecting you daily for tatoos and even then there are apparently video chat workarounds that might suffice even for that.

What you have to do is learn to live with the decisions you've made. You have a great device and you can still stay in contact with your family (admit it). It's all good.
    07-15-11 05:17 PM
    Improvements in the bridge functionality better include the ability to open an email attachment. This is supposed to be fixed in the last update. All I've read is that only people who have backed up, wiped/debricked, and restored after the update have the ability to open picture attachments or use Bridge Files to open anything on your phone.

I've been very patient and have been defending RIM and the Playbook all along, but I am not willing to go through this procedure especially since RIM has not acknowledged this and provided a real step-by-step.

They keep talking about their miraculous OTA update process, but when it leaves legacy configurations that obstruct your ability to use new functionality, I'm not impressed.

I'm off to enjoy some of this beautiful summer night. See ya around 2:00AM pressing the update button.
    ericlc2 likes this.
    07-15-11 05:20 PM
    Eric ENOUGH!

Everyone,

Do i need to do another clean up? Do I need to close this thread?
    07-15-11 05:25 PM
    @PK, with Bryzgalov and Jagr, I see a eastern conference final match up already for 2012.
    07-15-11 05:27 PM
    Do I need to close this thread?
    What are you waiting for? Christmas?
    07-15-11 05:27 PM
    so it never happened then
    07-15-11 05:29 PM
    @PK, with Bryzgalov and Jagr, I see a eastern conference final match up already for 2012.
    Vs the Pens?

Pens were pretty respectable considering. If Sid was able to play, I think they'd be touring with the Cup this summer.
    07-15-11 05:30 PM
    great rumor, living in a rumor mill
    close this thread, theres another thread just like it anyway, has less spleen too
    I heard that William was going to be king of Canada. Don't know when but according to a reliable source it's coming.
    07-15-11 05:35 PM
    If you're stuck with the PB then make the best of it. You can use imo.im or the reelportal app to keep in touch with your family the same way. With reelportal it's apparently better because you can do group video chat for free. Your family member don't even have install anything they wouldn't already need for the web, i.e. flash.
    07-15-11 05:41 PM
    I have just been into my local fish n chip shop here in the UK and Elvis was working behind the counter, he told me that earlier on, Lord Lucan was in and said there was an update coming sometime today and they we should all hang in there.....
    07-15-11 05:51 PM
    Lets just use the others thread for our waiting chat. Really there is no need for two.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...e-soon-629517/
    07-15-11 06:08 PM
200 ... 678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD